MasterMcDanil plays MIDNIGHT SUN

MasterMcdanil

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ughhhhhhh I really don't want to have to use all three of them..... I'm gonna be using Djambo no matter what... Ah well. If that's what's chosen....

ANYWAYS

HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEGEEKS AND WELCOME TO

MIDNIGHT SUN CHAPTER 4 - Friendship, oceans and everything nice

AND THE MYSTERIOUS CHEMICAL X

lCIr3hll.png

So terrifying I have to keep my eyes shut!

Cristoph: Dear God, I didn’t even know that things like those could exist.

Rya: Hmh? Down there… Something is moving!

5qwmX8ol.png

Oh hey! It's Djambo! Another Axe user!

Although I actually like this one

Djambo: Garion! Are you here? Gariooon

SJMUiRUl.png

Best way to treat your foster kids!

Garion: I told him to reach the others! What’s he doing there!? … Hmh!?

Shiori: Watch out! There is still one of them down there!

0x91DyZl.png

Well. Never mind. And here I was excited for a new guy...

D: Haah! S-Stay away!

S: Ah!

G: Oh no, you don’t!

EgzoLVbl.png

I have no idea if Brigands make a noise when they crit in the realy games... BUT GARION DOES

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

KM10fEHl.png

Yup. No thank you.

G: You idiot. Why did you come!?

D: Because… you’re like a father to me. I know that you don’t want me to follow your path and all, but…

jPdAZi7l.png

Aww.... Djambo gets WHATS UP!

8BNrjDYl.png

I am NOT going to make a joke about this. I am not... sigh...

It's just TOO EASY

G: Heh. Kids nowadays are a pain in the ass. … … … Okay, okay! I understand. But stay close to me. This world is cruel and brutal, ya know.

G: Oh, thanks Garion! Thanks!!

LFNQv0kl.png

Yup. Cause we needed another Axe user.

S: … But it’s not over yet.

Faratrass: …

ngF76tFl.png

Nope. She's dead. DAMMIT. I was really looking forward to using her more...

Hellios: Be careful. We don’t know if this is Faratrass or the Demon.

S: Ah…!

F: Hellios… Shiori…

H: Faratrass?

F: I’m sorry… I’m so sorry… Because of me, you’ve gone through hell…

H: Don’t blame yourself. You’ve been through a lot more than us.

F: But still! It’s not an excuse, I… Urgh… Cough!

bslUIXTl.png

Ladies and Gentlemen... Shiori the Bloodhound!

What a bitch!

Uncontrollable_laughter.gif

im so sorry. :(

F: … There are two sources of power that are meant to control the Demon.

m6se93Nl.pngq75Sq85l.png

This is just some neat context for the last scene, I appreciate that Alfred puts this in here for those numbskulls who didn't figure it out yet.

F: But right now… the seal is gone. I got distracted and the Demon King… nngh… He broke it…

S: Please do not talk! We have to heal your wound..!

H: Shiori, please. She said that the Demon managed to break the seal… This means that in any case, she…

S342XaRl.png

You know, I was trying to stay away from it but...

FUCK

The other GBA Fire Emblems didn't give you a character who was essentially terminally ill... don't make us like her and then just rip her out of our hands!

Actually please do i'm loving it

F: But, at least, he didn’t resurrect… for now. My magic alone will restrain Him for a while.

H: You must be kidding me, Faratrass…. Why the hell were you that reckless!?

F: Shut up, brother, and listen to me.

d14e9Vgl.png

Nothing to sea here. I wish I could fix all this with a wave of my hand. THIS WHOLE THING IS MAKING ME CRABBY

austin-powers-that-is-not-funny-gif.gif

F: This way, when the Demon resurrects after my death, He will find Himself somewhere far away and you’ll have some time to prepare for the fight.

HFYTg5hl.png

You know it's serious when the Red Text shows up. Why else would they show us this?

F: I think I can still live for one or two days, no more. We have to hurry. I’m just sorry I couldn’t do any better than this. At the end, I only hurt you….

S: This…

oplyeE9.png

Deja Vu, anybody?

S: The one who hurt us is the Demon King, not you Faratrass! We haven’t know each other long, but I consider you a friend! Everyone here does! We’ve fought together! We ate and drank together!

Ik3tYn6l.png

*sniff* It's so touching...

S: And now, how can you think we’ll let you die like THIS!? Tell me, Faratrass! HOW!?

H: I’ve just met my long lost sister… I don’t want to lose her this soon.

F: You guys… I… Sniff… Thank you, but it’s too late. I’ll dies soon anyway.

S: I won’t allow it.

F: Uh?

S: it’s not time to give up yet. I won’t let you die, Faratrass.

51VHzKcl.png

And... that's all she wrote! Find out the plan in Chapter 5!

Which is right here!

CHAPTER 5 - Nothing of any interest happens

Alright, before the chapter starts... Djambo is on our team now!

5fEpThkl.pngtTnfSlxl.pngxpLzsDXl.png

Ross is literally one of my favorite units EVER, so I hope that Djambo can live up to the Hype. He's got decent bases... except that he starts at Lv. 6 Rebel. Unfortunately, that means that he's got that many less levels to take advantage of his growths, and I think it makes him a little worse than Andre. However, he should grow into our best Axe user... so he'll be sticking around.

MHJs7w9l.png

Alright, this chapter starts off back in Hoikade, with what may be our first "villain talk". For those of you who haven't played, I will not spoil how (in my opinion) awesome this chapter is... until we get there. :D

yMFxvjbl.png

Back to this bitch back in the kingdom of Whorikade.

Moonie: Understood. Let him in.

qzMOinIl.png

I dunno if anybody else noticed, but most of the recolors have names that are anagrams of the original! Like, Saai was once Aias! Pretty cool, huh?

M: Please tell me what you know, Saai.

Saai: The Vassal has entered Lazulis.

M: We’ve failed then. We couldn’t stop Fa… the Demon King in time.

S: My apologies. I’ll take responsibility.

M: That won’t be necessary, Commander. What’s the condition of the troops?

t0T9LFAl.png

Oops.

S: When the main army arrived, the Demon King was nowhere to be found. Since we didn’t engage her in combat, the condition of the elite soldiers is good. However….

M: However?

S: Strange creatures have been sighted around here since yesterday night.

CgnV9n5l.png

Whoops.

M: What? If that’s true, then… The Demon King could have recovered most of His power already. Soon He’ll become stronger than anyone… He’ll be unstoppable.

S: What should we do?

M: Send a squad to each village and a platoon to the main cities. I won’t allow any monstrosity to hurt my people. Never.

uSreAPBl.png

Moonie doesn't seem like a power-hungry wench... maybe there's something else going on here... hmmm....

M: Please, Saai. I would be no Queen if I didn’t care about my people. Anyway, listen carefully. I have new orders for you.

IrPfrdhl.png

Back to Sassafrass and her lovely bodyguard Honeylocust.

(they're both trees? geddit? http://www.utahurbanforest.org/amazing-trees/big-tree-directory/767-Honeylocust-Thornless )

Hellios: This place is heavily guarded, just like Shiori said.

Faratrass: We’re in Lazulis, after all. The law is absolute here. Nobody can enter without an official pass. It won’t be easy to sneak in. At least it won’t be easy for Hoikade to follow us either.

H: My power would be useful in this kind of situation, but unfortunately I’m

xpRXh2rl.png

But a horse is totally cool... Speaking of which, weren't you locked up?! How did you get a horse? Let alone learn to ride one?

F: Don’t worry, brother. You’ve already done a lot for me. I’m sure I’ll find the peace I’m searching for, here. I just need to—Ugh!

H: Faratrass!

F: I-It’s nothing. I’m fine, really.

H: Yeah right! You were about to die a moment ago and now you’re fine! I’m surprised you can even stand! How can you be so calm!?

F: It’s because I believe in what Shiori has planned out for me. Moreover… I’m the Vassal of the Demon King. It’s my duty to control that fiend. I’m the only one who can do it. I can’t let anything upset me. A single distraction could be fatal, like before.

32VOARnl.png

Course I am! I'm Faratrass, Dumbass!

F: … Interesting?

Rya: Lady Faratrass! The person we’re waiting for hasn’t arrived yet.

F: It’s not a problem, Rya. I’ll use this time to make sure that everything is ready.

dLI1uBrl.pngVkVmg5Cl.png

Alright, this chapter doesn't look so tough! An armory, some houses, should be nice!

NEXT TIME -

Spoilers, its not!

AND FINALLY

GROWTHS

Djambo
HP 90
Pow 55
Skl 40
Spd 45
Luck 50
Def 35
Res 25

Well... these are actually REALLY GOOD. He's got really good growths in everything except the defenses, and even then his Def is high for a fighter. The main problem is that he starts with 0 Res, and it's hard for him to gain anymore. Anyways, Djambo is an excellent unit, and well worth the trouble.

how do you train Djambo though?

Well, it's not as hard as you may think. He does start at level 6, and (not including Chapter 5 and 5x), has 3 chapters to train up. It's not like, say, Ewan or Nino, who could come late in the game and be nearly impossible to train. However, our last trainee will be impossible for right now, so she'll just have to sit on the sidelines until the next patch.

Yeah, you've probably already =played the chapter, but may I suggest Markyjoe1990's video on the chapter regardless? It shows you how to get all the secrets and win and stuff.

PSH. Who do you think I am, Mr. Moniker, A CHEATER?! XD

Actually, I beat the chapter with items once by myself... (Professor Layton IS one of my favorite series after all) and then watched Markyjoe1990's video. He did a great job with it, although he does leave out getting the extra items... time constraints and all.

Anyways,

Hello Ladies and Gentlegeeks toooo

Midnight Sun Chapter 5 - Professor Schwarz and the Curious Village.

(see what I did there, Layton fans?)

Alright, is everybody ready for the best/worst map in this hack, and my personal favorite Fire Emblem map EVER?!

hzLvpoW.png

Thanks Fa. Knew I could count on you.

Faratrass: Now, according to what Shiori said, I must wait for someone called Schwarz. I wonder what kind of person she—Ah!

GF9wgUe.png

Ah, here we are. Finally, a Pegasus knight! As you can see, I brought Menmus along. It'll become obvious soon... very soon...

rTxCpYS.png

Whoa. This guy... He looks like a boss. BTW, this next conversation is so funny... it's hard to cut anything out!

F: Er… nice to meet you, miss…

zJknPog.png

Uh-oh. And a sassy one at that. *snaps fingers*

2EtdHkZ.png

Sassafrass, you're treading on thin ice here...

IOXQ8kd.pnglFt0A1o.png

:awesome:

Schwarz is my favorite-est character of ALL TIME. Oh lord oh lord... we will have fun with him. I cannot WAIT for his supports...

Atmey_Breaks_2.gif

Anybody else getting a Luke Atmey vibe? or am I the only Phoenix Wright fan here?

F: I… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you.

PWBeUG4.png

Oh Fa. You went there.

r5S0zsJ.png

Crow is a badass name for a Pegasus.

wTxjylU.png

giphy.gif

F: …

Schwarz: Phew, whatever. You’re an annoying brat, but the work must be done. Let me explain the details of this mission.

vjVmTmS.png

Schwarz: Our goal is to reach that house. Shiori is waiting for us there.

F: Mh. She told me she needed some time to prepare something, so she went ahead.

Schwarz: Yeah, that place is full of weird magic circles and other crazy stuff. Anyway, listen. In this shitty town there are guards everywhere.

EW5LFCJ.png

AND AN AXEL REFERENCE. I CAN'T HANDLE THIS GUY

tumblr_m4tcdrz1tz1rsenceo1_500.gif

F: I think I can control the Demon for one more hour, then I’ll be gone for good.

Schwarz: Eeeeh? You don’t look like someone who’ll die in the next sixty minutes, trust me.

Schwarz: … Ahem, anyway. Look there.

ArtfDDx.png

Fatty guys = Armor Knights

Umh3V58.png

Eh, whatever. They can't be THAT strong.

F: All right, I understand. Thank you, Schwarz. I’m counting on you.

Schwarz: Hey please, no thanky-thankies, it’s disgusting. I’m doing this for Shiori, not for you. Remember that.

F: Eh, it doesn’t change the fact that you’re helping someone.

Schwarz: I’m going on without you.

F: Hey, wait! Ahah, what a guy.

yTjSIlS.png

Welp. Here's the first guy... there's a lot of them. So to distinguish these losers from one another, I will be naming them after Star Wars X-Wing pilots!

Wedge_Antilles_1.jpg

Wedge: There is nothing as useless as guarding a place who nobody would ever attack or invade! I mean, no one is stupid enough to break our laws, right?

h2p6ufF.png

Alright! Time to break their laws!

xTICh6g.png

BTW he crits TWICE. That's my Schwarz. I mean... uh...

THE SCHWARZ IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE

S14.jpg

Guy: Soldiers, don’t let him escape! Intensify the guard! Whoever breaks Lazulis’ laws shall be punished!

F: They got us. It’s over. We won’t make it in time anymore. So this is… my fate.

LD9iYfh.png

Well. Okay then. Won't be doing THAT again.

zsDnp3o.png6jIDBmA.pnghoKr58B.png

Anyways, here's Schwarz's stats. He's got and Agile Sword, which is really nice. While it's weak, it's almost guaranteed at least ONE crit, and against the right foe....

I'll let you figure out his main problem though, the reason people don't like him. Go on, it's not too hard.

8FWX9Tq.pngn0TWamI.png

Alright, this is the correct way to do things. I'm using Menmus for rescuing... because I like Schwarz better. :D

QCJzPfj.png

Biggs Darklighter.

Biggs.jpg

Biggs: … I really should drink less.

XsHIO7m.png

This asshole with a longbow is Luke.

rl_luke_iv_3_feat1.png

Luke: I swear, if I see any suspicious folk, I’ll follow them. I need a walk.

eJPZU3Z.png

We have to go up the right side. On the left, Wedge can catch you no matter where you go. Plus, you can only go up the pillars, no where else.

QcP5yKY.pngUDdtsl1.png

Schwarz begins to head right. As of right now, we can't get past the two soldiers... so we visit this house. Making sure we have plenty of room to move afterwards, of course. I'm also naming house people after Star Wars characters.

Leia: I’m scared! Mommy! Help!

Padme: What? Who are you? How dare you make my child cry!? Get out of here now!

Leia: Bwaaaah! I’m scared! Bwaaaaaaaaaaaah!

rTueZEJ.png

This guy shows up... Ummm... I guess he's Red 2? hmmm...

joseph_gordon_levitt_as_x_wing_pilot_by_

Wait a minute.. he wasn't in Star Wars...

Biggs: I’m going to check the situation. You take my place here.

Red 2: Roger.

mOVnbwf.pngscDaLTs.png

New guy is one step to the left, so Schwarz has to hightail it out of there.

Geddit? HighTAIL

oN6pi5n.png

Menmus and Fa make it to the first safe spot.

XjFE3yA.png

Next turn we go up the pillar and into the third level.

Menmus: Now, to get to that house…

Kx2oFsQ.png

Ohhhh NOW WHAT. This guy is gonna be Red Leader.

Garven_Dreis.png

Red Leader: Now I feel like I could stand watch forever.

o933Uca.png

And finally, Gold Leader.

Jon_vander.jpg

Gold Leader: And I also have to guard this godawful place. This isn’t my lucky day indeed. I think I’ll have a walk to clear my head a little.

Schwarz: Mmh… That soldier on the left… he’s probably going to move. If only there was a way to get rid of him quickly… maybe some of the people inside these houses could help us?

e7EeJSl.png

The one by Menmus.

Schwarz: No, wait, that one is odd. I can hear someone screaming… Perhaps it’s not a good idea to go there. Perhaps.

HE SAID PERHAPS. LETS GO MENMUS

xZgb9No.png

Grand Moff Tarkin: GUARDS! AN INTRUDER! IN HERE, QUICKLY

fHCEJWQ.png

You couldn't have just said "Don't go there" could ya Schwarz. Had to be "perhaps"

cFCaTEc.png

We evade the dude and eventually make it to this house on the left.

R5P7R8Q.png

Seriously. Maybe this Star Wars joke has gone too far... but read her lines like C-3PO. You will NOT be disappointed. What a prissy bitch.

C-3PO: Hey! You, there, wait! Come here for a moment!

Corporal Menmus: Do you need something, lady?

C-3PO: Have you possibly seen a soldier with a big nose and a beard out there?

Menmust be Men: Hmh, yes. He was wandering around.

C-3PO: That awful man! Leaving me alone like this with the excuse of a job which isn’t needed by anyone. Hah! As if there were any intruders here in Serafew! Ridiculous, isn’t it?

Zdeb07y.png

Hey Menmus. You weren't quite obvious enough with that awkward chuckle.

C-3PO: Right? He’s going to hear words from me!

C-3PO: Hey, you stupid moron! Can you hear me?? You’re going to pay if you don’t come home immediately!

Gold Leader: Gulp! That was my wife! And she wants me at home! Like hell I’m going there! But she’ll haul me back by force if I stay here.

J0sE6XL.png

What a wonderful husband. TRUE LOVE

Schwarz: Hey, I forgot to say something important. The house we’re trying to reach… I can’t go there with you. Up there everyone would notice a black Pegasus with a girl and a man on it. We have to find a way to drop you near the house without anyone noticing.

eg3lIzy.png

So pretty much, we have to spot a space with Fa that she won't be seen in. Unfortunately, there isn't a place like that.

YET

After a complicated chain it will finally be possible.

Q1lP6mt.png

This longbow douchbag is our main concern. Plus, I want that village!

VRTbnlz.png

Anyways, Schwarz visits the nor-red house.

Yoda: Since you’re our millionth customer, we’ll give you two free croissants! Please share the joy of eating our products with someone! Enjoy the tastes of the famous Serafew Bakery! See you again!

gs1aEYQ.png

Menmus, on the other hand, takes the plunge and visits the house. You can do it, buddy!

cH4Ecbr.png

Oh, hey Anna! Nice to see you again. (PS I really want Alfred to make her a secret character... like, you have to find her each and every time she appears to recruit her)

Anna: If you can take it out of here safely, you can keep it.

fruiKCN.png

In a tricky bit of programming, when the village closes, the knight can no longer reach us! GENIUS

Fdw5wDF.png

Well this nuclear warhead is going STRAIGHT to Rya. Hell knows she needs it right now.

9pAGHju.png

Schwarz has to run back to the other empty house WAAAYYYY at the North West corner of the map. Meanwhile, Menmus gets into position to drop Fa.

MRr7ctT.png

It takes a while, but we make it!

dUXUa38.png

Aww... poor kid. The first time I ever saw him, I was like "Boy does this kid look like Darth Vader".

oops. Spoilers.

Schwarz: Hmmm.. .Hey kid, do you want this?

zAdKufW.png

Oh, I just LOVE Alfred's just-subtle-enough references to other games!

Kokiri from LOZ: OOT in case you're wondering. <3

Anakin: Thank you so very much! I’m so happy!! Daddyyyyy! Can you hear meeee? I’m so happyyyyy!

Red Leader: Ahah, I can hear my kid’s voice! I guess he’s having fun.

0cWiVaH.png

WHO THE HELL IS THIS GUY?!

GgNUAf5.png

Only one guy left... Porkins.

star-wars-porkins-o.gif

this is the only reason I made this joke

Porkins: Finally… that soldier let his guard down… and I could pass… This is my secret place… No one will ever find me here… I can finally… … eat my burger.

1367531359_8796_download.jpg?itok=0IqD9X

Point made.

4O1LxZM.pnguawnOtu.png

Whoa. This dude seriously loves his burger. Like... seriously.

n3HVGQU.png

Alright! So the top guy moved left one square... Just enough to set Fa down!

uNjNZsL.png

There are two red houses left... one on the top level, one on the bottom. Schwarz and Menmus get into position.

fqczitd.png

Schwarz takes down the bottom one.

H4R4siO.png

Yeah it is... you'll see why soon.

Lando: What exactly was I thinking when I stole this thing? Hmh? Hey you! You over there!

Schwarz: Yes? Do you need something?

Lando: Take this! It’s a gift! B-bye!

Schwarz: What..?

reASk2Z.pngk0ZAreD.png

Worth it? Well, when Fa's main tome cost 1080.... YEAH IT DOES

OZDOzoS.png

Red 4: I won’t sleep until I find him!

cFgSGym.png

Well. Schwarz just screwed us over. I kinda get the feeling they're supposed to be rescued after this? But.... my way is BETTER

iXkqnLz.png

Menmus takes the top one!

Star Wars Generic: I found this axe here. You are one of the soldiers, right? You should give it back to whichever of your friends dropped it. Don’t even think about keeping it for yourself!

uCpTf2u.png4gEEIy4.png

YES. We round out the trifecta. Agile Axe, Agile Hasta and Agile Estoc. They are a powerful trio in the right hands...

If00cKQ.png

Well Shit. Can't end my turn now. If only someone could stop all this!

0dMShEO.png

Oh.

Stephen-colbert-celebration-gif.gif

NEXT TIME

We save Fa. And then people leave. And a gaiden. :hat:

Good times.

A lot of people dislike this chapter. I disagree. It's no different from Lunatic + in Awakening, or even hard mode in FE7, where you a have a pretty specific way of moving around. In fact, I find it LOADS more fun to test stuff out and try to complete it 100%. Alfred, I applaud you.

Ahahahah oh man, that was awesome. XD
I'm glad you got all of the references.

The Kokiri Croissant is an existing item in TLOZ: Minish Cap, anyway. :)

P.S. Great Anna idea. Totally making that true now.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Alfred Kamon says

The Kokiri Croissant is an existing item in TLOZ: Minish Cap, anyway. :)

P.S. Great Anna idea. Totally making that true now.

Is it bad if I'm a Zelda fan and I never beat Minish Cap? :/

Also, I loved that Anna was a character in Awakening... but I just didn't like using her. She never really turned out well, and she's one of three characters I didn't train to max stats. (the others being Virion and Tharja)

Wen Yang says..

I disagree. The last trainee is easy enough to train. I actually got her AND Djambo both to level 10 at chapter 6.

Well then. Just cause you said so... now I HAVE to train her. >:(

On a completely unrelated note, I forgot to say that I really love Schwarz's palette. So there's that.

HELLO LADIES and GENTLEGEEKS TO

Midnight Sun Chapter 5 end and Chapter 5x Prelude: A lot of stuff happens.

Where we last left our heroes... Fa had arrived at the house.

hQlVriI.png

Faratrass; nnnngh! Not now... I must nnngh... control Him. At any cost

ZHfsIU7.png

SEIZURE WARNING

F: haaah, haaaaah. My strength is coming back. Did it work Shiori?

eY8kcTM.png

Haha, you caught me! It was me, Shiori!

Cute with Freckles: It was a success, Vassal.

F: And who is this kid?

Cute with Freckles: K-kid!?

Shiori: Ahah, this is Ceapana. Shes a friend of mine, and the worlds greatest healer!

aP8QUip.png

I really love the mug... it looks both Childish and Mature... somehow at the same time!

KdWTkHU.png

How old IS everybody... Hmm... Fa's is probably early twenties, maybe?

F: My apologies, Miss Ceapana. You look so young.

Ceapana: Its okay, Lady Faratrass. Its not the first time someone has mistaken me for a child. Im pleased to make your acquaintance anyway.

F: The pleasure is mine. May I ask how that spell worked?

yql4hTZ.png

Nope. I can only see the top third of your body. Sorry.

GilopcP.png

Magic Circle? Were you trying to summon Satan? Or Cthulhu?

S: That amount of magic can amplify someone's inner strength for some time. It worked, as I'd hoped. I'm glad we made it in time, teh he.

F: Thanks for everything. But still, this isn't enough. It's all in your hands now.

C: Leave it to us.

S: Yeah. But you must sleep now. Like I told you before, your body needs one full day of rest for this magic to be totally effective. There's a bed in the other room. Feel free to have a nap.

F: Eh, that's not a bad idea. I feel like I could sleep for days.

hNyGk1J.png

We all know what's going to happen now... teh he.

S: Well, its understandable. You went through a lot, Faratrass. Now, now, come. On my back! I won't let you sleep on the floor, ahah!

GXYc4a0.png

Flashback..... WoooOoooooOooo

S: I won’t allow it.

F: Uh?

S: It’s not time to give up yet. I won’t let you die, Faratrass.

F: Thanks Shiori, but like I’ve already told you It’s too late to save me. The Demon King has awakened, and I’m restraining him only with my magic now.

3uhWvzj.png

F: He’ll overcome me soon, and I

Hellios: No! There must be a way!

S: In the middle of Lazulis, five days distance from here

N14MTU9.png

I like it! Sounds very ominous... and foreboding... and evil...

F: The Midnight Shrine I've heard of it. Its the place where the soul of the Demon King was transferred from the

A6MHJ7f.png

whut

S: Right! If we performed a Vassalage we could redo your seal

H: Impossible. We cant get there in time.

F: Hes right. Did you forget? I only have one or two more days.

S: I know. And Ive a solution for that too. Theres a friend of mine in Serafew wholl amplify your magical energy. Its a temporary solution, but youll be able to control Him for the time being.

F: Is that even possible?

S: Yes. Youll need to rest for some time after the process, though. Moreover, it takes some time for the Vassalage to be prepared as well. But since the seal of the Demon King is broken, we dont have time to waste.

H4DoICR.png

Dammit Shiori! When are you just going to hang around and be a party member?!

S: That way, when you arrive, youll be able to perform the ritual right away. Just reach me at the Shrine. Everything will be ready. You can trust me.

Ml3vpmP.png

And that's all she wrote!

Like I said, this is one of the best maps I've ever played. I just love the testing and trying to figure stuff out... and there's really no trial and error, except for the red houses.

Next up!

Chapter 5x!

Alright, and here is the intro to the next chapter, our first Gaiden!

And also the introduction of the best character in the game.

JYPdOoy.png

I GEDDIT. Cause Shiori is BLIND

HAHAHAHAHAHA

ofz66OJ.gif

k9kTNG2.png

Here he is folks... CAPTAIN WEISS.

The bestest Characterest Everest.

jp4bn8B.png

He's also Super Smexy.

S: Nope, Weiss! We must get to the Midnight Shrine as soon as possible. I dont know how much time Ill need to prepare the ceremony, and everything must be ready when Faratrass arrives.

Captain Weiss: As you desire, Milady. But tell me if youre tired.

ZvMbP1V.png

Waitaminute... where exactly is their nation?

S: Umh Weiss? Are you sure youre not the one whos overdoing it?

Captain Weiss: Oh, Its nothing, Milady.

rcfWR96.pngqYDyU8A.png

CAPTAIN WEISS DOESNT NEED FOOD OR SLEEP

He's like the Terminator! He'll never stop coming after you....

ub6qF7v.png

WATCH OUT. HE COMING FO YOU NOW

C: Oh, please! If you continue like this, youll collapse. In the worst case, Ill have to heal you with my staff. Again.

eo590xe.png

Oh, and he's so courteous! Is there anything he CAN'T DO?

S: Ahah, you should really worry about yourself more, Weiss.

u6T2fBs.png

HE IS THE PERFECT MAN. LOOK AT THAT HAIR

S: H-Hey!

F: Ahah. Lady Faratrass is not exactly a stranger in any case, right?

FL5XrSv.png

Sooo... waitaminute... Shiori was looking for the Vassal? The plot thickens...

Captain Weiss: Whats wrong?

S: To the north I can sense a lot of people coming. This kind of malice it cant be!

fHuFov7.png

uh-oh... so that's his mission... I guess we've also got a fat guy, and... Batta the Beast?

Fat dude: If we keep on like this, the soldiers wont have the strength to fight.

Batta?: Lieutenant Asra is right, Commander. We cant afford to take risks if we plan to battle the Demon King.

FfDtyNB.png

heh. Their original names were Saar and Murray. Clever anagrams, Alfred.

Saai: We dont have time to waste.

Asra: But

Saai: But I cant ignore the soldiers condition.

FfDtyNB.png

WOW. Half an hour. WHAT A GUY

Asra: Thank you, Commander.

q1nySFe.png

shit.

Captain Weiss: What? Hoikade? Here in Lazulis!?

Ceapana: What does this mean? I cant believe that the Queen got permission to cross Lazulis borders!

Shiori: Its impossible in fact.

Sotf5a1.png

whoo boy. Things are REALLY starting to heat up around here...

Shiori: I know it sounds crazy, but its what I can tell from those soldiers malice.

Ceapana: This is a declaration of war! Are they going that far for the Vassal!?

Captain Weiss: It seems so. What do we do, Shiori?

Shiori: Isnt it obvious? Were going to stop them. We cant let them reach Faratrass.

jzJJljH.png

Yeah, Weiss? So? YOU CAN TAKE EM

Captain Weiss: And you want to stop it alone!?

OU6Gjpw.png

AND CAPTAIN WEISS IS ALL YOU NEED

2md2dFG.png

THIS IS WEEEEIIIISSSSSS

Shiori: And dont worry, I know my limits. I know we cant take em all down. Well just eliminate their leaders.

Ceapana: I see This way, well thin their ranks. And Lazulis will probably finish them as soon as it realizes the situation.

Shiori: Exactly! Now, the only people who possess malice resembling that of a leader

RO5H824.png

Two paladins and a General.

sQPXsCw.png

I tried once... got him down to no Elixirs, and 14 Hp! But then, my last weapon broke.... DAMN YOU ALFREEEEDDDDD

Ceapana: Two of them will be enough, anyway.

Shiori: They havent seen us yet. Well make a surprise attack. Weiss, Ceapana, Im counting on you.

bgDbOc8.png

Alright. Here we are. 3 vs. A lot.

SktUaJT.pngeTqbyl7.png3kBDLDg.png48fqeLT.png

Here's the man himself. He's got an impressive array of weaponry... and decent stats. But he is a TANK. Cavaliers can use all sorts of weapons... and I will be taking advantage of that fact A LOT. My goal is to solo this map essentially with him.... get him to Level 20. HE CAN DO IT

HE IS A BEAUTIFUL CREATURE AND WEISS WILL FOREVER BE MINE

RUobqHR.png

I WOULD PAINT HIM LIKE A FRENCH GIRL IN A HEART BEAT

oICwoQo.pngQWSuuju.pngK1BWxcM.pngTsHkuuM.png

Next up is Ceapana. She comes with alright stats, a little weak on defenses... but eh. Her real catch is that Trobadour's can now use swords. It really adds to their functionality! I really like that Alfred did not give us any "defenseless" characters, such as a cleric. Even the healers can attack! That said, she comes with a Mend, a Barrier, and her own special sword. Just in case Weiss needs some help.

Shiori is the same, so... on to the Bosses!

OsMnUBK.png6HNph1E.pngFY2hRNV.pngemt5kFd.png

Your general fare... not too strong, can take a few hits blah blah blah. I don't know if it's by accident, but Paladins can't use swords. Kinda a hinderance for these guys...

MYgbLEJ.pngqTxEykO.pngE0dBi8b.png

Here's the main attraction. This guy can pack a PUNCH. I've gotten him to the point where he can't attack anymore... but GODDAMN GIANT SHIELD. Plus, that Soul Mirror is really tantalizing... guess we'll have to pick it up later. :/ Oh, and by the way? Don't even THINK about trying to take him out. It's 99% impossible now.

qLSJiay.png

And finally... here's this house. I can't tell you what's inside yet... but it's well worth your time.

Anyways...

NEXT TIME

qG9YHeI.png

Weiss goes into the Avatar State and WRECKS SHIT UP

Alright, the poll is still going, so get those votes in QUICK. WHO DO YOU WANT TO SEE?!

Finally, here the growths of Schwarz and Shiori

Schwarz

Growths:

HP 80

STR 50

SKL 40

SPD 60

LUCK 25

DEF 45

RES 38

Soo.... Schwarz. It's a shame his Skill starts so low, otherwise I think more people would use him! He's got terrific growths, with a really high Str and Def for a Pegasus knight, and he's even got great Res. But just look at that UNGODLY speed stat... He'll be doubling everybody! Plllluuussss since he can only use swords and has 8 con... he probably won't be weighed down by much. All in all, I love him as a unit, and will be using him quite a lot. (Plus, 15 Aid!)

Shiori

HP 80

Pow 40

Skl 50

Spd 60

Luck 60

Def 30

Res 45

Oh, Shiori... if only you WEREN'T LEVEL 20 SO I CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE. Seriously though, she is meant to be the opposite of Fa. Not super strong, but really speedy and with high Res instead of Def. It's a nice combo for these two, and they work really well together. The best part is her Spd growth... she pretty much just doubles EVERYTHING.

OH TO HELL WITH IT. HERE'S CEAPANA AND WEISS TOO

Weiss

HP 85

Pow 45

Skl 50

Spd 40

Luck 35

Def 50

Res 25

Weiss is a goddamn Cavalier if I ever saw one. Just... Average all around, really. Res is his only weak spot, as even with 40 Speed he'll be gaining a few points. Honestly, before I post I play every chapter a few times, and he's NEVER turned out bad for me. I LOVE him, and always will. Favorite cavalier fo sho.

Ceapana

HP 75

Pow 40

Skl 50

Spd 45

Luck 50

Def 25

Res 45

Oh Ceapana.... Her growths are unfortunately low. She doesn't have ANY outstanding stats, which is a shame since she could turn out SO well. Even though she can use swords (YES) she should NEVER be in the front lines. A perfect healer if I ever saw one though, she should be a good replacement for Puledra... at least for a while.

Also, I may be totally off base here... but I think Ceapana and Shiori kinda have a thing for each other. It'd be a cute pair for sure, and I've always been disappointed that there are no homosexual pairings in Fire Emblem games. I guess the closest would be Lucius and Raven... but I mean... come on. XD

Whew. Alright, well next time round, prepare for a LOT of level up screens, plus a LO of fighting. GO WEISS

Edited by MasterMcdanil

Okay, I have NO IDEA what happened. But my laptop can't run the forum stuff for some reason, and the only computer in the dorm is being hogged by an asshole playing Runescape.

I will fix it as soon as possible.

EDIT: That guy is STILL THERE. Also, I may have to go back and rewrite the text manually, because the editor won't let me change it's size, on two different laptops.

EDIT 2: That may not be for a while. Sorry, dear readers. :'(

Edited by MasterMcdanil

I assume it's the text you'll fix, not the person playing Runescape :P:

That sounds like a really weird laptop issue. It also explains why you quoted things the way you did.

I thought writing in Star Wars characters for Chapter 5 was brilliant. However, I'm more of a Schwarz fan than a Weiss one. Perhaps I can have them play together in the same game. . . :P:

Eclipse says

I assume it's the text you'll fix, not the person playing Runescape :P:

That sounds like a really weird laptop issue. It also explains why you quoted things the way you did.

I thought writing in Star Wars characters for Chapter 5 was brilliant. However, I'm more of a Schwarz fan than a Weiss one. Perhaps I can have them play together in the same game. . . :P:

First off, thank you.

Secondly, what guy? He's dead. It's a long complicated story that involves me training a level 99 Runescape character, forming it in reality and killing him. XD

Thirdly, I will NOT be using both... you'll see why soon. ;)

ANYWAYS

Hello, Ladies and Gentlegeeks, and welcome back to...

Midnight Sun Chapter 5x - Our lord and savior Captain Weiss

VLMFXEfl.png

BOOM RIGHT OFF THE BAT. We visit that house, and who should it be but our friend Anna?! I really like how Alfred doesn't just... toss her places, he actually gives her REASONS to be there.

sometimes

Anna: I saw a girl with pigtails having some trouble against a big army. So I bought this stuff for her and I waited in this place for days.

wcErx69l.png

I'm not. I had a dream you had a dream, and look where we are now.

Anna: I mean, who believes in dreams nowadays?

YkrRXL9l.pngDUIs6dRl.png

Anyways... It's pretty clear to me that Shiori is meant to be the "crutch character" in this map. Good defenses, strong spells, she gets an elixir.... all that good stuff.

BUT WE'RE USING WEISS DAMMIT

hiZL3gbl.png

Alright, I move everybody into position...This area around Weiss is highly defensible.. so I try to stick around here at first.

Shiori: It’s almost time to attack. Weiss, Ceapana, listen.

KENlfFql.png

HAH I will not rest until everybody but Saai is dead.

Shiori: If we don’t flee, we’ll have the whole army after us. See that river down there?

9O3JaVdl.png

Alright, so I think every spot on the other side of the river is a "win spot" once you kill the two lieutenants.

S: I have a plan to prevent them from following us, don’t worry. Anyway, we must hurry now. I think they’ll move away soon.

XhTs9zXl.png

AH. WE'VE BEEN SPOTTED. EVASIVE ACTIOn

4U1Zdq3l.png

Hah, he's an idiot. Does he know that we have Weiss the conqueror?

Raymur: Whoever they are, they will flee as soon as they see our number.

Asra: Wait, Raymur. We must be cautious. What if they are Lazulean spies? We can’t let them go.

Raymur: True, but we can’t mobilise the whole army for three people either.

Asra: A few soldiers will be enough.

N10Y7sbl.png

oooooooOoooooOOOOooo Spooky. I'm shaking in my boots!

Shiori: They’ve seen us. It seems only a few of them are malicious towards us, though.

OR4Cn7tl.png

fbe73181d5ea006894797b69af59db220cee6154

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMTXiNVc-1g

Listen to Epic Music as Weiss just RIPS through the enemy.... it'll make it better.

R7AAp27l.png

SECOND TURN POSITIONS

eR446k4l.pngAwhdwgjl.png

Weiss gets hit by a lot of bullshit. It's okay though. Remember?

ub6qF7vl.png

NOTHING STOPS HIM

QRjmNDJl.png

The guys go after Shiori the next turn...

Ia9dYSdl.png

Vengeance is swift and merciless

dvaNBA0l.png

Because Weiss. Idiot.

Raymur: They’re strong. We’d better not underestimate them.

Asra: Tsk! They’re still ants before an army of elephants. I’ll personally crush them if they dare to come closer!

ZONEL5yl.png

Saai: What!? How many are they?

Bringer of Bad News: … Three, Commander.

Saai: And three people are giving you trouble? What would the Queen think of you!?

eW1D1hzl.png

"she'd probably say I'm a bad boy, sir. And then give me a good spanking and a time-out"

Saai: If you feel shame, then fight with honour. For yourself and for Hoikade!

Honourable Dude: Yes, Commander!

m5op7lOl.png

The first level nets Res and not much else. Come now, Weiss, I'm counting on you.

4bqJVlal.png

Weapon triangle? PFT

Weiss.

KDP32sel.pnggeXXpn0l.png

Effective weaponry? PFT

Weiss.

9iSnBSyl.png

Ceapana is also able to (accidentally) make a dent in the forces. Good one, sister!

Although, I must say... A pet peeve of mine in Fire Emblem is when a character mug show one character... and then the battle animation looks different. For the most part, these animations are great! But I really wish she had a red headband...

It's REALLY bad for me in the next chapter; there's a character with a hat? And it's not in his animation and it just BUGS ME. I'm fine with like, Generals or Knights, but.... ughhhhhhh.....

REGARDLESS She still has some great sword animations, i don't know if they're custom or what, but they look nice.

wymkBqIl.png

More murder from Weiss.

Dux8CKyl.png

Strength is good.

nYOwyTkl.png

MURDER MACHINE WEISS IS IN ACTION BABY

zxt2bSIl.png

Ceapana gains an AWFUL level healing Weiss. Come on... be more like Weiss, Ceapana!

TOUslJLl.png

AW SHIT. HE WAS IN RANGE

kXHdVyHl.png

Weiss doesn't give a shit! He crits and just straight up MURDERS this guy. ( just kidding. it's part of his normal animation. He could only hit once.)

MgqvxKml.png

After an decent level...

ROhUB5zl.pngP4mD6Gxl.png

Weiss proves that ODDS MEAN NOTHING

JF1b6Cjl.png

.... Right. Totally impossible.

T6UIkw8l.png

You shure do love that level, dontcha buddy?

vOTCUy5l.png

Correction, WEISS killed Asra. Sorry not sorry.

Raymur: I swear, they won’t make it out of here alive! You, soldier! Call the shaman platoon immediately!

Shiori: One of them is down. Weiss, Ceapana, we can do it. Stay strong!

qUjAAhCl.png

Some more knighty dudes show up.

vJ7Xukjl.png

Saai is pissed! But not enough to move, it seems.... (coward)

Saai: Ah! Ridiculous. Where’s Hoikade’s pride!? Where’s our strength!? To think that one of our Lieutenants would fall like that… Soon those three will be the ones in need of protection!

NIYvWXHl.png

Anyways, SHAMANS. Weiss' resistance is pretty terrible... we may have to pull him out...

zJ4Y9HMl.png

ESPECIALLY WITH BULLSHIT LIKE THIS

DbzOf2El.png

We'd have to pull him out... UNLESS WE HAD A BARRIER STAFF

I've always LOVED this animation.. too bad it goes unused a lot...

jwbO3zUl.png

Strength? Really? That's what you gain?

Actually.... hey Alfred? What do her staves work off of, are they Strength based? Or something else?

njnwj29l.png

She took a few hits... so we pull her out a bit.

jRZVdPfl.png

Weiss axes some dudes for one of his ONLY non-Def levels, but he gets SPEED instead! Atta boy!

OYDcGvMl.png

Screw your tomes! I've been barriered!

Also, that Gold Horse is just rocking my socks off.

j9fY9yLl.png

More Strength and Speed is NEVER BAD FOR A MURDER MACHINE

y7IHakJl.png

Into the belly of the beast...

IIIbcx8l.png

Filthy Paladin! YOUVE GOT NOTHING ON THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS WEISS

(he misses)

3HCLZSal.png

BOOM! HEADSHOT

kUmdPnDl.png

Correction. WEISS got you.

Raymur: Soldiers… be careful, these… are not common enemies…

M9FRPfkl.png

Haha! Now what, suckas?!

YxL1up9l.png

Deja Vu AGAIN

Saai: Soldiers, call the sixth and seventh platoons, and follow my lead! I’ll personally eliminate them!

Shiori: Pant… Pant… We did it. Now, to the river!

j50j3jNl.png

Weiss... you're fulfilling all my dreams!

(He hit a sword guy by the way. With a halberd)

2ZQJI3Rl.png

Uhm... actually... we're not?

Saai: Seventh platoon, block the path to the river!

HRPK0CEl.png

Well... it IS Strength...

AKg6dmFl.png

Silly Weapon triangle....

ogG5yDul.png

And a brilliant level to cap it off. Yep... that's right. I leveled him 10 times in this chapter. (also, he killed an axereaver guy here)

O1pU9Nyl.png

LOOK AT THAT. HE CAPPED STRENGTH

His only issue was Skill... but I think he did fine. I MEAN did you see those hit rates? And yet he still won!

Unfortunately... this means he's no longer usable, except as backup... :'(

OUG6o97l.png

Ceapana gets a GREAT level evading this Wyvern...

38mAFRSl.png

SHIT

Lilu3DHl.png

Shiori: Ceapana! Oh Gods, no!! Don’t die! CEAPANA!!

A8IuVakl.png

Oh. Oh no.... Ceapana... :'(

q7G8Dqzl.png

Welp, savestates and VENGEANCE I suppose. Alternate timeline Ceapana, you will be avenged!

UtGGNK9l.png

Sigh... it's always like this... :(

i9TQbEql.png

Weiss kills his final man.

n1bncbll.png

Shiori breaks the tree....

Oh, and I also spammed Barrier to gain Exp for Ceapana.

wUQqWSxl.png

And we made it! Only 4 enemies left on the map... Saai and 3 armor guys.

It's clever chapter design, really. Have a puzzle chapter followed by all-out war. It's good pacing, and helps break things up!

ANYWAYS

Next time - We fight a battle for Schwarz. Woop Woop.

Well that was a lot of fun. Only a little while left to vote as well!

PS. Can someone actually draw Manly Weiss? Now I NEED TO SEE IT UGGGGHHH

Edited by MasterMcdanil

1. I keep getting a rather silly error when I try to vote in the polls.

2. That's a nice Weiss!

3. BTW, my selection is "screw axe users, Weiss is all you need".

Alright, I fixed the stupid text. >:( I'm pretty sure it's cause I edited the post from my phone.... WHATEVER

Anyways, little bonus thingie...

fsjlzrv.png

Weiss beats the SHIT outta Hellios. I tested it with FIVE different swords versus Hellios' Warp sword. Look!

tCEXrOql.pngFsm0HIwl.pngOXXK5Ocl.pngjncSvFdl.png

The Warp Sword is Hellios' best sword. Also.... Weiss two-shotted him with the Lancereaver.

Weiss is bae, Hellios is useless. It's too bad I probably won't use him again... at least until the next patch

Excellent job on this chapter! See, the thing Mark forgot to account for when he was all "Imma do it the easy way" is that Weiss starts to gain more levels as he murders stuff, and his strength snowballs, and eventually he just becomes nigh-invulnerable.

Yeah, pretty much. Weiss kind of looks like the weak spot at first, but he ending up maxing Strength for me, and some people have seen him max Defense too!

Anyways, Hello Ladies and Gentlegeeks to

Midnight Sun Chapter 5x Conclusion - Saai is ALSO a badass

rFUaxFvl.png

Alright so the scene starts off with our three heroes wiping up the last of the forces. (where they came from, WHO KNOWS)

6oE8l8kl.png

I really like how Saai is being portrayed as this benevolent, yet hard-fisted commander. He's very... perplexing, showing the player both sides of the story, that of Hoikade, and that of our Heroes.

Saai: You, with the silver hair, answer. Who are you? Why did you attack us?

Shiori: My name… Pant… is Shiori. You don’t need to know anything else…

Saai: Fine, then, Shiori. I’m Commander Saai of the central army of the kingdom of Hoikade. And I shall end your life NOW!

wmOqP5al.png

HOLY CRAP Thank goodness she dodged it.... but there's just.. no way... NOT SHIORI

mhtyDHfl.png

Unfortunately... she crits. Which is impossible. He's got the Soul Mirror (Hoplon Guard, Iron Rune, whatever)! He can't be critted.

C5hQWFal.png

AH. What's cool about this fight is that it's "real" to a certain extent. I'm pretty sure that Saai has been tailor made in this chapter to deal 27 damage to Shiori, since neither can level up.

Shiori: Ugh! So strong…

Ceapana: Shiori!! Gods, I have to heal your wound!

Saai: That won’t be necessary, because you’ll all die here now. Soldiers, finish them!

Shiori: … I made a promise. I said that… I would’ve prepared the ritual… for her.

0kTKnUul.png

Aww... this is why I still like you, even if you're a dick sometimes.

WHITE FLASHES

Saai: Aaah! Such bright light…! She’s blinded us!

Shiori: …

Captain Weiss: Shiori, hang in there! Ceapana, I’ll carry her. Let’s go, quickly!

YC3ZNp0l.png

Alfred... i'm sorry. I just can't take this chapter name seriously! It sounds soooo.... pretentious.

Well.. thus ends one of my favorite chapters. On to the next one!

CHAPTER 6 - Where we fight for almost no reason

YwAcKi1l.png

Nararaararaartoroer: Her magic strengthened, she manages to keep the Demon under control… for now. In fact, as soon as the effect fades out, she’ll fall under the Demon’s pressure. Knowing that, Faratrass and her group plan to go to the Midnight Shrine, where Shiori should have prepared the ritual of Vassalage for her. However, their journey gets interrupted by some unexpected events…

s1wC9dZl.png

hmmmmm

UtOIfshl.png

Hellios: Schwarz is late.

Generic Mustache: Here’s the cider you ordered.

Faratrass: ……

Hellios: What’s wrong, Faratrass?

ExfhZwyl.png

Fa: It made me lose consciousness. And because of that, I nearly died.

Ggl5Ks3l.png

HAHA?! This is no laughing matter, asshole! The Demon King almost escaped!

NySR0Fgl.png

hmmm.... the plot thickens...

lZ0kHbgl.png

Hmmm... alright. But I'm keeping an eye on you, buster. One wrong move and *kgthkchk*! (that's your head getting sliced off)

Fa: … No worries.

Hellios: Thanks. How are you now?

Fa: This is the TENTH time you’ve asked! I’m okay, Hellios, geez! That spell was amazing. To think I’d be able to control Him without the seal…!

Hellios: The effect won’t last long, though. We don’t have time to waste.

Schwarz: Heya, Folks!

stDDwVml.png

Further cementing why Schwarz is a Beautifully Written Character. (BWC)

R2svDrLl.png

And he's alcoholic. Of course. Drunken flying, anybody?

Y0AVivel.png

ooooh, Fiery! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

YZqyIrKl.png

I ship it.

Hellios: Hey hey, you two, calm down. … Schwarz, what did you find out?

Schwarz: Ahem, well… it seems the troops we saw on the way here were Lazuleans. Apparently, one of their squad has found a bunch of corpses near here.

X25602al.png

Hmm? What's that? Why?

Schwarz: They weren’t able to identify them, but they probably belonged to soldiers.

Fa: …ah!

Schwarz: Lazulis thinks that one of its squads that got attacked by bandits, so the King has dispatched some troops to investigate the area.

Fa: Charred… bodies…

Hellios: What’s wrong, Faratrass? You’re completely pale!

Schwarz: Heh, those images must be too crude for a lordly little damsel like you.

sXtbR4jl.png

oh.... oh I get it... my god....

Schwarz: What?

Fa: It’s… Hoikade, without a doubt.

Schwarz: … Are you serious!? Since when does Hoikade burn its own soldiers!?

Fa: It’s one of our emergency tactics. Hoikade probably followed us all the way here, but…

CUhcQegl.png

They met Weiss all right. 50% GONE, just like that.

Fa: Yes, I think that’s what happened. Secretly crossing Lazulis’ borders can be considered a stealth mission. If Lazulis were to discover that the Hoikadian army is here, then…!

Schwarz: I’m starting to understand. They burnt the corpses so that the Lazuleans wouldn’t recognise them.

68NCDBbl.png

Me neither... it really tarnishes the image that's been starting to build up.

Fa: I never wanted that either! There are families that are waiting for their husbands and sons…

xMB4oDql.png

Fa: Moonie, you fool… I can’t believe you sent the army here to Lazulis… Here, where I thought I could finally find some peace…

Hellios: ….

Mustache: Excuse me?

Schwarz: Yes?

Mustache: Can you possibly be soldiers?

Fa: … Yes, we are. Why?

ZqvMZIzl.pngQoq9T7ml.png

OH YES! And he's a criminal... can Schwarz get any better?! It's too bad, I don't think we learn his backstory in this patch. :/

Schwarz: Shit! Run, RUN!!

gfalpjOl.png

Ugh, finally! This is the first time in TWO WHOLE CHAPTERS that we'll be using the main force. It feels like, forever, don't it?!

Schwarz: Nnngh… How could this happen? If YOU don’t know, then who!?

qcPcmN8l.png

What? So it is Christianity? Hmm... that's... odd.

And if Schwarz is Judas... does that mean... Weiss is JESUS?!

Schwarz: I-I’m not a traitor, damn it! I used to be a criminal, but I’ve already paid my debts with society! Why is my past still haunting me…!?

Rya: I don’t know, and I don’t care. But your past will haunt us as well at this point. Lady Faratrass, what do you propose we do? The wisest solution would—NHmSI0Ml.png

uh-oh

Fa: If those soldiers report to the capital, they’ll find out who we really are.

Nvt5OZsl.png

Are we sure that Fa isn't possessed by the Demon King? This is such a heartless thing to say... :/

Rya: …Are you serious, Milady? I thought you didn’t want to kill innocents.

Fa: … … Just get ready.

YpoVK60l.png

Oh Cristoph. You make everything better.

LTJDZ8ql.png

Alright... here is our setup! In the Polls, the final vote was

1 for Garion

2 for Cristoph (one was in comments and not the poll)

2 for Use Both

1 for Screw them both use Weiss

In the end, I made the executive decision :P to use Cristoph for this run. When the next patch comes out, I'm planning to replay up until that point and I'll use Garion instead of/in addition to Cristoph.

X018BuVl.png

Along with two houses, two villages and two secret items (shhh) there are two enemies of interest.

The first is Sae'rah

0UVGv9Rl.pngQVQUSobl.png

She's our last trainee, and luckily she starts off at a decent level. Her stats are... okay, I suppose, but it's her ability to use lances that makes her INVALUABLE to the team. She'll essentially be "replacing" Menmus, so that's good. (Even though Menmus isn't a part of the team. He's only here to get items) Anyways, she's hard to recruit, but I'll show it off next update.

Also.. I'll STILL don't know what's covering her moth. A scarf? A shadow? A veil? I have no idea.

f4HBDgfl.pngIo52Ndwl.png

Well then. He's definitely a hard nut to crack. I'm PRETTY sure we're supposed to let a Green unit (who shows up later) beat the CRAP outta him, but I think Sae'rah can handle this idiot. The hardest part about him is that Killer Bow, and the effective damage from Zanbato. Don't want those to unexpectedly take out of our best units.

NEXT TIME

We get Weiss. 'Nuff said.

Next time is a good time. The only thing I DON'T like about the next two chapters is the amount of Green Units. Seriously... theres WAY too many. Regardless, it will be exciting.

PLUS SECRETS WOO

It's that thing where ninja wears back in days. It's to quieten breathing and prevent heat infusion from escaping your mouth in cold temperature creating vapors that could give away your location.

It's interesting that she wears it.

Is it bad if I'm a Zelda fan and I never beat Minish Cap? :/

YES IT IS

:P

KdWTkHU.png

How old IS everybody... Hmm... Fa's is probably early twenties, maybe?

Fa and Shiori are 21.

Like I said, this is one of the best maps I've ever played. I just love the testing and trying to figure stuff out... and there's really no trial and error, except for the red houses.

Glad you liked it :D

Next up!

Chapter 5x!

jp4bn8B.png

He's also Super Smexy.

This, and all the other Weiss jokes made my day XD

Saai: But I cant ignore the soldiers condition.

FfDtyNB.png

WOW. Half an hour. WHAT A GUY

I think you're missing a screenshot / some text here.

Next up is Ceapana. She comes with alright stats, a little weak on defenses... but eh. Her real catch is that Trobadour's can now use swords. It really adds to their functionality! I really like that Alfred did not give us any "defenseless" characters, such as a cleric. Even the healers can attack! That said, she comes with a Mend, a Barrier, and her own special sword. Just in case Weiss needs some help.

I really didn't like defenseless units. It makes them a pain to train because you're forced to use staves. It was simply too boring for me to handle.

Alright, the poll is still going, so get those votes in QUICK. WHO DO YOU WANT TO SEE?!

Finally, here the growths of Schwarz and Shiori

Shiori

HP 80

Pow 40

Skl 50

Spd 60

Luck 60

Def 30

Res 45

Oh, Shiori... if only you WEREN'T LEVEL 20 SO I CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE. Seriously though, she is meant to be the opposite of Fa. Not super strong, but really speedy and with high Res instead of Def. It's a nice combo for these two, and they work really well together. The best part is her Spd growth... she pretty much just doubles EVERYTHING.

Shiori's stats were updated a while ago, though they're still not available in the current patch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ytgs3sw9tob3zz/Lords%20Average%20Stats.zip?dl=0

Also, I may be totally off base here... but I think Ceapana and Shiori kinda have a thing for each other. It'd be a cute pair for sure, and I've always been disappointed that there are no homosexual pairings in Fire Emblem games. I guess the closest would be Lucius and Raven... but I mean... come on. XD

Whoa... Whoa whoa whoa whoa.

Although, I must say... A pet peeve of mine in Fire Emblem is when a character mug show one character... and then the battle animation looks different. For the most part, these animations are great! But I really wish she had a red headband...

It's REALLY bad for me in the next chapter; there's a character with a hat? And it's not in his animation and it just BUGS ME. I'm fine with like, Generals or Knights, but.... ughhhhhhh.....

Every battle animation needs at least 40 hours of hard work (at least for me) so most of the times it isn't really worth the effort when you already have pre-made battle animations that you just need to recolor (and recoloring also takes a good amount of time, by the way). Also, there's a limited space for animations, and I fear I will need it for promoted classes.

I understand what you say though. It often bugged me as well in the past.

jwbO3zUl.png

Strength? Really? That's what you gain?

Actually.... hey Alfred? What do her staves work off of, are they Strength based? Or something else?

In the newest patch, Str and Mag will be a unique stat called Pow. And yes, as of now her staves use the Str stat.

I'm really enjoying this! ^^

Edit: fixed the spoiler tags

Edited by Alfred Kamon