The Connection of Ike, Chrom and Marth

aire99

I guess he could of somehow gotten it but I really think that is highly unlikely and I'm pretty sure after RD Ike keeps Ragnell with him.

I think after he killed the goddess Ashera coupled with leaving Tellius and years more of use this probably had an effect on the sword's blessing and the condition Priam has it in.

This is the part that really got me and why his ending in RD is so out of character and imo lazy writing on IS's part. Think about it the mercenaries who he's trained with, fought with, and grew up with and would do anything for (not to mention he's actually related to Mist) and he just up's and leaves. I know he was close to guys like Ranulf and Soren and they get special endings but you mean to tell me that everyone else just has no significance on him? Either way its done now and I don't really see IS revisiting Tellius so I'm not going to get my underdrawers in a bunch

Actually, Ike didn't kill her. Because it's said that Ashera and Yune later combined again to become Ashunera, the original goddess of the Tellius world. :P

And yeah, I don't like Ike's ending either for the same reason. I expected something entirely different. Given his and Elincia's interactions in PoR, I expected them to have a special ending of some sort. Not necessarily marriage (though obviously, that'd be my preference lol), but just something! And I certainly didn't expect Ike to abandon everyone. Even if he remained a part of Elincia's officers/advisors, he still could've done what Oscar did and did jobs with the mercenaries on the side.

And yeah, I don't like Ike's ending either for the same reason. I expected something entirely different. Given his and Elincia's interactions in PoR, I expected them to have a special ending of some sort. Not necessarily marriage (though obviously, that'd be my preference lol), but just something! And I certainly didn't expect Ike to abandon everyone.

Exactly!

So, again, Ike must've fled for a VERY good reason. Thing is, what would said reason be?

I suppose that's up to our imaginations. I did come up with an explanation to use in my Tellius fic, in fact, though I would still have preferred that Ike stay or at least return once in awhile.

I hope IS gives us some back story/ explanation to Priam and the Outrealms. Instead of just not telling us anything.

Alas, the kind of thing only the niche FE fans would really want.

Not saying they can't do it, but hopes for expanding on the lore aren't really that high.

• 4 weeks later...

But the sword isn't like this in PoR or RD. Smash games don't always follow canon. I think the added scratches and stuff are to make Ike look tougher. He got some scratches added to his armor too, which also didn't exist in RD. And even then, the Smash version of Ragnell still doesn't look nearly as beat up as Priam's.

Ike might have kept Ragnell at the end of RD, actually. But he also might not have. Sanaki gave it to him again during the game, but it's never said whether he returns it again or not. I personally have it be a reward of sorts for what he's done for all of Tellius. Well, that and the fact that people got used to seeing him kill everything with that sword. lol

Wait, can't Ike also use the Alondite as well? Maybe he took that sword with him and gave the Ragnell away I guess.

Correction: So what if Ike does return it back? Doesn't that mean Priam is lying about this descendant bullsh** about him and Ike? Perhaps he stole the Ragnell and claims to be Ike's descendant.

Edited by aire99