Founded on the principles that the Oxford Comma is punctuation worthy of recognition throughout the English Language, the Oxford Comma Guild strives to support clarification of all things ambiguous! The Oxford Comma Guild supports those who support it!

The Oxford comma adds ambiguity in some cases, but it takes away ambiguity in others cases, so I suggest using it when it takes away ambiguity, and not using it when it adds ambiguity. I use Oxford commas to separate clauses, to clearly indicate that there are separate clauses, not an enumeration.

For example I would write:

"The girl invited her father and a tuba player and her mother" (enumeration).

"The girl invited her father and a tuba player, and her mother couldn't come" (two separate clauses).

In fact the Oxford comma takes away ambiguity in this case.

"The girl invited her father and a tuba player and her mother couldn't come." The question now arises who couldn't come: her mother or the tuba player and her mother? Adding an Oxford comma would take away ambiguity.

With SecondWorld and myself as Co-founders, and Hattusili as our local expert in the field, the Oxford Comma Guild will do nothing but bring confidence to those communicating in English.
Edited by Sara.

Yeah I support it. It can drastically change the meaning of a sentence, sometimes with hilarious results...

We invited the strippers, JFK, and Stalin.

We invited the strippers, JFK and Stalin.

Lol.

but the oxford comma isn't unrecognized

I like oxford commas and all but even speaking as an english major this is a strange guild lmao