FE7 LOW-TIER RUN

ghast

Ahh your voice is like an angel. I think I feel right now the way people say they feel about my voice.

Also, I never thought about that little story issue with the Mani Katti. It makes sense to wonder why Lyn supposedly came to the shrine all the time, yet this was the first time she ever touched the legendary sword.

Hey, I've only watched the first two parts so far but keep up the good work! One thing though, which tier list are you using as reference, and what are you classifying as "low"? I don't think Erk would be under Upper Mid and I heard you talk about using Rath in the first video- he probably shouldn't be any lower than that either.

That tier list is like... really really outdated and going to the last page, there hasn't been actual discussion in it for more than 3 years. Since then a lot of mindsets have changed as people have become better at playing the game efficiently. For one thing, primary Warping duties generally don't fall to primary staffers like Serra and Priscilla now- people use Pent and promote either Lucius, Erk, or Canas and get them to A rank. So things like Priscilla being the third-highest unit and Serra being at the top of High would most definitely no longer be true if a more current list was made. Raven would probably be High at best, because he doesn't have a mount and people have generally become less reliant on overkill stats to get the job done. Heath, Fiora, and Rath would probably all be higher as well.

It's still your choice at the end of the day though.

man reading that tierlist was a blast from the past! Honestly a lot of the lower units are still considered bad (like you said, Wallace and the fighters) but guys like Karel (who's only low because of not getting Harken), Vaida (avalibility) and Farina (i honestly have no idea why she's that low, were people expected to not have enough money or something?) are all pretty strong units for when they're around, then there's doods like Matthew in top tier for some reason.

but I guess all your units are like, the axebros, the archers, and Eliwood are your only units until Rath so they're likely get overlevelled and be pretty ok, since all those units except maybe Dorcas are pretty good once they promote. Echoing what other people have been saying though, for a first LP, you seem to be pretty comfortable doing it!

Edited by General Horace

It has a lot to do with ranked runs I think or at least there's still some leftover bias from it - back in the day FE7 tiers were the only ones debated seriously because ranked runs back then were considered to have relatively strict requirements. Matthew's contribution was stealing the Silver Card which allowed people to cheese funds. Farina's recruit cost count against her because it counted as "essentially 40K gold because you could buy weapons with the raw funds."

FE7 tier list seems to have failed to adapt to the times it seems. Recruit cost, nitpicky shit, and deployment costs don't count for most players anymore.

Edited by Lord Raven

man reading that tierlist was a blast from the past! Honestly a lot of the lower units are still considered bad (like you said, Wallace and the fighters) but guys like Karel (who's only low because of not getting Harken), Vaida (avalibility) and Farina (i honestly have no idea why she's that low, were people expected to not have enough money or something?) are all pretty strong units for when they're around, then there's doods like Matthew in top tier for some reason.

but I guess all your units are like, the axebros, the archers, and Eliwood are your only units until Rath so they're likely get overlevelled and be pretty ok, since all those units except maybe Dorcas are pretty good once they promote. Echoing what other people have been saying though, for a first LP, you seem to be pretty comfortable doing it!

OMG GENERAL HORACE I'M NOT WORTHY

It has a lot to do with ranked runs I think or at least there's still some leftover bias from it - back in the day FE7 tiers were the only ones debated seriously because ranked runs back then were considered to have relatively strict requirements. Matthew's contribution was stealing the Silver Card which allowed people to cheese funds. Farina's recruit cost count against her because it counted as "essentially 40K gold because you could buy weapons with the raw funds."

FE7 tier list seems to have failed to adapt to the times it seems. Recruit cost, nitpicky shit, and deployment costs don't count for most players anymore.

lol, well in anycase, it has to be somewhat accurate, right?

You can beat the game no matter who you put on your team.

Yes this is true but that is not the point of tier lists. I agree tier lists are bullshit, but are you going to ignore all character evaluations too by using this logic? That is arguably much more relevant to any playthrough, talking about what a character is/isn't capable of and whether or not they should be used on a team. Edited by Lord Raven