Finally playing a Pokémon game.

Actually I never thought I would do it in my life, but after 15 years I've decided to buy my very first Pokémon games this week!

Gamestop offered Pokémon X & Y for buy one, get one free.

Since I'm not interested in a Wii U and SSB4 anymore, I wanted to get more RPG stuff.

In my entire life I always thought Pokémon is only for little children. When I was (much) younger I never could stand all these creatures. I was the only one in my school class, who didn't collect Pokémon cards.

However after I've played Pokémon X for a couple of hours, I can say already all my prejudices were wrong!

It's a great RPG franchise!

I only get accustomed to all the Pokémon and I have to figure out the game mechaics in the battles.

Maybe I'm not the only person here, who started to play a famous franchise very late.

Edited by The Taninator

What about the latest ones Omega Ruby / Alpha Saphir?

Good to know!

On my christmas card list.

Very good games, I'd say AS, it gets you a giant whale, a dinosaur that controls time, a deep sea psychic bird, and a dragon that helps optimists!

OR nets a dinasaur that causes droughts, a dinosaur that controls space, a Phoenix, and a dragon that helps pessimists!

Amen, these shall be the names we will use.

Tbh, BW is better story wise than pretty much every other game in the series, but BW2 has the PWT (every gym leader and champion up to that point is a bonus boss) and Black Tower/White Treehollow.

I love Phoenix, but I would prefer to help optimists.

I think I'll buy both games anyway.

Maybe Gamestop will do another advent special.

Seriously I don't have any expectations of the story so far, because I haven't played X so long that I can tell much.

The first step will be to understand the battle system and the game mechanics.

For example I don't know, how I can see, how much damage the opponent can do to my Pokémon.

And I don't know, when an attack is "(super) effective".

These are things I still have to learn.

Edited by The Taninator

I love Phoenix, but I would prefer to help optimists.

I think I'll buy both games anyway.

Maybe Gamestop will do another advent special.

Seriously I don't have any expectations of the story so far, because I haven't played X so long that I can tell much.

The first step will be to understand the battle system and the game mechanics.

For example I don't know, how I can see, how much damage the opponent can do to my Pokémon.

And I don't know, when an attack is "(super) effective".

These are things I still have to learn.

Type match ups take a while to get used to, especially involving Steel Types!

I remember having no clue how to hit Bronzor effectively in DP! Steel/Psychic, so you had to play an annoying guessing game between Fire and Ground before XY made it weak to Dark/Ghost by removing Steel's resistance to those types.

Most Pokémon games are: "Try to be the best while random villain team gets in the way to try and achieve their goals". XY gets Team Flare, who amount to comedy relief in tacky orange suits.

But Type matchup charts are easy to find, no worries!

Alright, thanks :)

I have chosen the fire Pokémon (don't know the English name), which also appears in SSB4. He has an attack, which could do effective damage.

First, I still have to find out the English names of all the Pokémon.

Edited by The Taninator

Enjoy them! X/Y is a great place to start. TBH any pokemon game is a great place to start, but X/Y has SO many pokemon in it, you get used to many of them.

Play Black 2 or White 2 now.

Best Pokémon games.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

glac and her weird opinions.

As usual

Play Black 2 or White 2 now.

Best Pokémon games.

They're sequels, Glac. If you want to try out Black 2/White 2, I'd seriously recommend playing through Black or White first. Fantastic Pokémon games

Alright, thanks :)

I have chosen the fire Pokémon (don't know the English name), which also appears in SSB4. He has an attack, which could do effective damage.

First, I still have to find out the English names of all the Pokémon.

Fennekin? The fox? I chose that too!

Enjoy them! X/Y is a great place to start. TBH any pokemon game is a great place to start, but X/Y has SO many pokemon in it, you get used to many of them.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

glac and her weird opinions.

As usual

B2W2 are my favorites doh!

They're sequels, Glac. If you want to try out Black 2/White 2, I'd seriously recommend playing through Black or White first. Fantastic Pokémon games

I know, but B2W2 have more features than BW and more Pokémon. Even if the story is inferior in every way.

Yeah, I like it lots...

Shame it sucks competitively. Speed Boost Blaziken and Protean Greninja, meanwhile...

Tbh I only chosed it, because I knew it from SSB4 and I like fire as element.

However it's the only Pokémon, which can do something.

The other ones are lower level, weaker and more delicate. I have to take care that they don't die.

Tbh I only chosed it, because I knew it from SSB4 and I like fire as element.

However it's the only Pokémon, which can do something.

The other ones are lower level, weaker and more delicate. I have to take care that they don't die.

EXP Share OP

Try sending out a different Pokémon to start a match, then swap it out in case you lack exp share. This gets them EXP without any danger, you're too early in the game for Pursuit.

EXP Share OP

Try sending out a different Pokémon to start a match, then swap it out in case you lack exp share. This gets them EXP without any danger, you're too early in the game for Pursuit.

Thanks! I didn't know that works.

Ok, I get it:

Weak the opponent with a strong Pokémon and finish them with a weaker Pokémon to get the kill experience.

Sounds logical, similar to Fire Emblem.

Edited by The Taninator

Ok, I get it:

Weak the opponent with a strong Pokémon and finish them with a weaker Pokémon.

Wait no, that is not a good plan!

Start with the weak Pokémon.

Immediately swap to the strong one.

Finish the battle with the strong one.

Weak one still gets exp.

Also, battle wild Pokémon with your weak ones. They still level!

Also use Glaceon pls I'll love you for it

Ok, I get it:

Weak the opponent with a strong Pokémon and finish them with a weaker Pokémon to get the kill experience.

there's no such thing as "kill experience"

every pokemon that took part in the battle get the same EXP.

it's better to start with the weak pokemon and immediately swap to the stronger pokemon

Wait no, that is not a good plan!

Start with the weak Pokémon.

Immediately swap to the strong one.

Finish the battle with the strong one.

Weak one still gets exp.

Also, battle wild Pokémon with your weak ones. They still level!

Also use Glaceon pls I'll love you for it

there's no such thing as "kill experience"

every pokemon that took part in the battle get the same EXP.

it's better to start with the weak pokemon and immediately swap to the stronger pokemon

Thanks for correcting my misbelief.

Thought too much about Fire Emblem.

Thanks for correcting my misbelief.

Thought too much about Fire Emblem.

It's okay. I think I made that mistake too!

Catch an EEVEE and level it up in that tucked away spot in frost cavern!

Edited by Glaceon Prince

You're going to be learning about ALL 710 Pokemon. How exciting! Since you have X, feel free to ask us Y owners (ie, Me) if you would like us to trade you over some exclusives from our version.

Oh, and here are some tips for you, sprout:

>Grass-types are not affected by powder moves such as Spore, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, and Poisonpowder. Since these are some of the most common ways that opponents inflict status ailments on your Pokemon, it's often very useful to have a Grass-type around to absorb them.

>Feel free to turn the EXP. Share off or switch the battle setting to Set if things become too easy.

>If you're trying to train a weaker Pokemon, a good strategy is to place them in the first slot of your party, then when you initiate a battle, switch them out to your stronger teammates. Both your weaker Pokemon and your stronger one will get a portion of EXP. You can also turn the EXP. Share on, which means you dont actually have to place the weak Pokemon in your first party slot.

>Play with your Pokemon often in Amie. At maximum heart points, your Pokemon will often score critical hits, survive fatal hits, and dodge attacks. (25% chance for these things to happen iirc.)

>Also, when you get a combo of over 100 in Pokemon Amie's games, you'll get a special type of treat. One is pink with cherry blossoms on top, the other is brown with autumn leaves on top, and there is also a green one with a medley of colorful toppings. Although these might seem like tempting things to give to your Pokemon, it's actually best to save them for Amie visitors (The Pokemon that appear when you're browsing your Amie room.). The reason being because they feed a lot more visitors compared to other treats, and they also bestow better chances at obtaining rare decorations for your room.

>In Lumiose city there are some restaraunts and boutiques that you probably aren't stylish enough for yet. That simply means you need to use the services around Lumiose more. Purchasing items from the various shops in Lumiose, helping out at Hotel Richissime, using taxis, battling at the Institute, and many other services will raise your style points. Eventually, these exclusive shops and restaraunts will allow you to enter. Only then can you truly enjoy what Lumiose has to offer!

>If you want to check how much style points you have, you must visit the old man in the stone shop. He will offer you a mega stone for 500k. As your style points get higher, he will lower the price. I think once you get it down to 100k, you'll be able to enter the exclusive shops.

I know a lot more than this, but those are just what I remember off the top of my head.

Edited by Esme

>In Lumiose city there are some restaraunts and boutiques that you probably aren't stylish enough for yet. That simply means you need to use the services around Lumiose more. Purchasing items from the various shops in Lumiose, helping out at Hotel Richissime, using taxis, battling at the Institute, and many other services will raise your style points. Eventually, these exclusive shops and restaraunts will allow you to enter. Only then can you truly enjoy what Lumiose has to offer!

I know a lot more than this, but those are just what I remember off the top of my head.

I remember being really confused when they wouldn't let the Kalos champion into their restaurant.

And annoyed too.

I think my first pokemanz game was Diamond. I joined the party kinda late, and really havent been back to the annual parties. /shrug

But Pokemanz is fun! I got my niece X for her birthday and she loves it. She wants one of the ORAS games so bad she can taste it.