Recoloring Battle Sprites on Mac

Willie

like to insert new palettes into a game or just recolour?

if you later, you can just do that in paint, if the former there's a program in the resources called FERecolour that with output hex for you

have you considered using an image editing program

if you mean to do so in-rom instead, unless you can get FERecolor or the BS Palette Editor (i think that's what it's called...?) working, you're most likely going to have to edit the binary data yourself with a hex editor (iirc the data is stored in little endian in BGR 5:5:5 format with the high bit unset)

I have tried FERecolor, but it's a .exe, so I can't run it.

If I use photoshop and recolor it, can I insert the recolor into my hack? If so, how?

EDIT: I tried this with wine (a program for windows on mac) and it worked! Thank you so much!

EDIT (again): Ok, I finished the recolor, so how do I insert it into my hack? I am using FEditor Adv.

Edited by Willie11111

you're most likely going to have to edit the binary data yourself with a hex editor (iirc the data is stored in little endian in BGR 5:5:5 format with the high bit unset)

E:

wait, if you got FERecolor working there's literally a tutorial; you would have known this had you checked the pinned resource directory

Edited by CT075