Lunatic Pairing Sugestions

89Eldin

I'm planning to do my first ever Lunatic run of FE:A- any suggestions for pairings?

Here is what I have so far:

MaMu(+Mag,-Lck)xAversa

ChromxSumia

OliviaxLon'qu

GregorxPanne

FredrickxLissa

StahlxCherche

Haven't started yet so I'm completely open-minded and wish to hear all opinions and suggestions!

If you want to go for flavor? Have fun, good luck.

I can personally say from experience +MAG -LCK pretty much exactly average Avatar is possible for Lunatic.

but if you want to make life much, much easier for yourself

Use a +SPE or +DEF (SKL, LCK, and RES are standard flaws) FeMU, and marry her to Chrom, preferably going through Dark Flier for Galeforce before the kids are born. The rest of the pairings don't matter, but stuffing FeMU is your #1 priority.

If you wanna go flavor, my advice is literally "do what you want and expect a more tactically-difficult, but still ultimately possible, run". But don't try a full-deploy team. That will be... very very very hard for your first Lunatic run.

For Lunatic, your best asset would have to be defense and flaw would be luck/skl. I flaw skill, because I don't want my luck to be too bad when I use some weapons while grinding, or just saving the tough weapon when I need it.Lunatic is a pretty big step from hard and normal,obviously. I don't know much about pairings so ask about that in the pairing thread.

That's an awful lot of units for Lunatic Nogrind, especially when so many of your pairs have a very large gap in between when each unit is recruited. I'd cut it down to half that many tops and not plan on getting children from any units recruited later than Cht.9, personally.

If you try to use too many units and spread your exp too thinly, you'll get mashed once promoted units begin showing up in force (around Cht.12-16) and will have no choice but to restart or use DLC.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

That's an awful lot of units for Lunatic Nogrind, especially when so many of your pairs have a very large gap in between when each unit is recruited. I'd cut it down to half that many tops and not plan on getting children from any units recruited later than Cht.9, personally.

If you try to use too many units and spread your exp too thinly, you'll get mashed once promoted units begin showing up in force (around Cht.12-16) and will have no choice but to restart or use DLC.

I do have all the DLC that gives skills & characters as well as Golden Gaffe, EXPonential Growth and Infinite Regalia so I DO plan to grind, I DEFINITELY can't do a no-grind play through- I'm not THAT good lol. But thank you, I'll keep that in mind

For Lunatic, your best asset would have to be defense and flaw would be luck/skl. I flaw skill, because I don't want my luck to be too bad when I use some weapons while grinding, or just saving the tough weapon when I need it.Lunatic is a pretty big step from hard and normal,obviously. I don't know much about pairings so ask about that in the pairing thread.

I probably will do a luck flaw since I usually have abilities on my MU that rely on skill. Thank you for the input, didn't know there was pairings thread- will check that out

If you want to go for flavor? Have fun, good luck.

I can personally say from experience +MAG -LCK pretty much exactly average Avatar is possible for Lunatic.

but if you want to make life much, much easier for yourself

Use a +SPE or +DEF (SKL, LCK, and RES are standard flaws) FeMU, and marry her to Chrom, preferably going through Dark Flier for Galeforce before the kids are born. The rest of the pairings don't matter, but stuffing FeMU is your #1 priority.

If you wanna go flavor, my advice is literally "do what you want and expect a more tactically-difficult, but still ultimately possible, run". But don't try a full-deploy team. That will be... very very very hard for your first Lunatic run.

Thanks, will keep that in mind. But as TEMPTING as using a FeMU sounds, I want to use my actual gender for my character to make it more personal. Last time I did FeMU the game was WAY too easy and I'd rather not repeat that in my Lunatic file. But still, thank you for the input! Edited by eclipse
Post merging and whatnot

Thanks, will keep that in mind. But as TEMPTING as using a FeMU sounds, I want to use my actual gender for my character to make it more personal. Last time I did FeMU the game was WAY too easy and I'd rather not repeat that in my Lunatic file. But still, thank you for the input!

If you're grinding, it'll trivialize the game anyway (you'll have a hard first few chapters and then there will be no resistance at all). If you want to get any sort of difficulty out of Lunatic, whether or not you grind will make a far greater difference than what gender your Avatar is.

• 5 weeks later...

For MaMU, you'll probably wind up Sumia x Chrom and Avatar x some good femcombatant, and they plus their kids are gonna be about it.

That's what I will most likely do I think. I was going to pair my MU with Cordelia, who is quite offensive last I checked. Unless there is a no brainier pairing I'm missing out on.

That's what I will most likely do I think. I was going to pair my MU with Cordelia, who is quite offensive last I checked. Unless there is a no brainier pairing I'm missing out on.

I'd recommend MaMU x Nowi for Veteran Manaketes. Nah is easier to recruit than Severa if you know how to cheese her map.

Cordelia and Nowi are Avatar's big two for Lunatic (Sumia would be up there as well but that would involve hurting Chrom and with both of Avatar's daughters starting out as Pegs your team would become a bit of a one-trick pony).

I think Olivia has potential too, but haven't figured out the best way to bring it out yet.