TheMoniker plays Corrupt Theocracy

TheMoniker

Troy might actually be a custom portrait, judging by his suck of a minimug. He's probably a splice or something copied from FE6(which I never played) though...

Wolt from FE6, also an archer, for your curiosity. And Echidna's (also FE6, hero) headband.

Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has weapon weight been removed by any chance? Because I'm looking at these stats and noticing NOBODY with a heavy axe equipped is losing speed.

Yep. It'll be a chapter or two before I notice and get a screenshot, but you pre-empted it. The weight of every single weapon is 1. It removes a lot of depth from the game, honestly.

Wolt from FE6, also an archer, for your curiosity. And Echidna's (also FE6, hero) headband.

Ah, I remember now!

Interestingly, I lobbied yeti a few weeks back to add this functionality to FEXNA.

He totally should. When done right, I think it's a pretty cool effect.

Hello, babes and bros. Welcome to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 3: Chapter 2: Cluster**** the First

QAkM4Bh.png

Blademaster does "titles that make sense" in his own way. By which I mean lying.

SplLgi3.png

Should I burry my feelings too?

Anna: thoughts, though at the same time he is comforted by Flo. He moves to meet with a soldier of the Holy army on the Holy Repub border…

Ne3nB9D.png

Again, an empty map, but then all these soldiers appeared.

xaLkE5P.png

And then we appear...

2NY3h06.png

And then generics appear? Apparently someone called in the reinforcements!

4tyJZJd.png

Eli: And I have every right to express my disapointment on*text skip*

yReOGD5.png

Woah, man! Calm down!

Freakout man: our good Pope allows you too! Same with Mage and those sub existant Dragon and Merc! The fact that even a soldier of

JQL0Cbh.png

I love this guy, he's the best character in the whole hack.

hyyNsGQ.png

BURN!

Freakout man: Exactly. More than enough for you… MY LORD! There is no word fitting to describe how inferior you are! And now, we shall leave.

...Why exactly did we want to meet with this guy again?

Eli: Does this incident mean nothing to your people?

Freakout man: Let me put it this way. Your messenger only reached my comamder and no further. Just like your message.

Your messenger only reached my comamder...JUST LIKE YOUR MESSAGE. What?

Eli: Such actions…can be considered a declaration of war. Is this what you want?

What? No it can't! Since when is the last time someone went to war because of an ignored message?

QRrtc0W.png

It's official. This guy is best character.

Best character: Sorry, but we do not play games with those beneath

aqGnmCZ.pngXHKjTDb.png

Eli closes his eyes, while secretly laughing to himself.

Best character: Infidels! And capture that woman! I will personally… deal with her later!

Wow. Best character=ruined. Good job wasting a perfectly good dude, Blademaster.

Eli: Mark, looks like we have a battle on our hands.

Mark: So it seems.

*scroll to our other guys*

unhiKq3.png

Henry: Nova, you fall back.

Nova: Wait, please let me help you! I was taught in the art of the Songs of the Dragons. I can aide you by refreshing you guys when you feel low on energy.

Troy: I have heard of those songs from my brother… They are a very rare art to know in Dragon and are only known there.

Henry: Alright then, kid. Just don’t go dying on us!

Nova: Alright! Just watch me work!

END DIALOGUE

FLInyCZ.png

Hey, we get our prep screen bright and early! How nice.

Zxr3uxn.png

And it's ALREADY being used to restrict our choices! Mark the worst crutch character gets the axe, but seriously, is there REALLY any reason why we can't just send everyone?

1EcNhSi.pngjGr9iOc.png

Upon starting the chapter, Anna re-does her narration spiel, and then the screen is black, and you need to enter/exit the status screen to fix it. I burry my feelings on this and forge on...

vOW1Mzy.png

So yeah, we have a new guy(Nova), and he's a bard. He'll be pretty helpful. As you can see, this is another "custom" map, and despite all of those forts, there aren't any reinforcements, or at least none that I noticed.

THQ0J6H.png

The whole bottom portion's entire point for existence is to provide us with a village. It feels odd to have giant unused portions of the map like that...

IaBswHp.pngUdVHCtJ.png

I just don't really get Nova. Maxed strength? What? Either way, he's not in any danger.

5E6StJR.png

Our general here is more than capable of wiping just about everyone, but the unpromoted mooks assisting him serve only one purpose: To distract a few hits and die. If you look back at the enemy formation, it seems like we'll be coming under a lot of fire, but remember that some of the enemies are healers, which takes off a bit of pressure.

9PzWWoH.pngQVCUiwv.png

Here are the stats of the boss.

SrdDhKE.pngJynvdDd.png

And here are the stats of the guy next to the boss.

fUMVypE.png

We get Barry up there to help straightaway.

aOfy5nM.pngHESToJh.png

PzMpw0M.png

And then he gets one-shotted. Arrogant/10

5dDXaA2.png51jYqLK.png

Hey, hey, HEY! Let's keep this family-friendly!

1FLgtRB.png

This paladin is actually a threat.

HzECeFi.png

I realize my mistake in entering this engagement immediately after doing it, but luckily Eli dodges.

bOHcp0H.png

Another mook attacks him, and hey, you can see his stats now! Sheesh, 18 strength at base...you know, some people say that Ike or Chrom or Hector is the best lord, but Eli here blows them all out of the water.

ls4Pqke.png

The paladin victimizes poor Bowen. Poor Bowen even gets doubled!

WDZNElu.pngE2gw75s.png

Man, these guys are worthless! 5 strength+slim lances does not result in power!

jAkY4OX.png

Eventually, they find a suitable target.

mVjcMq9.png

NdrQQ3a.png

Flo here(the most worthless unit on the team) reaches the village.

2w5rF3q.png

Man: We aren’t even citizens of Holy and they occasionally tax us for protection. Hmph! They never listen to the threats of Repub! It’s good to see you taking some action! Here, take this lance! It’s a Sliver one!

E0wV69k.png

The townspeople around here sure are generous! I'll definitely be taking the lance.

2T3dkxJ.png54z8wzK.png

Naturally, Barry gets to murder the paladin, who is the TRUE chapter boss.

0iKWqyP.png

I look for a way to turn off autoend turns...and discover its not there. Huh?

60GoHME.pngPVdtyNK.pngVjkMqFw.png

A turn or two later, and it's all over.

QSlIw6J.png

Eli: tough…

Mark: Like I said My Lord. They were just cannon fodder. You can’t judge the whole Armies strength with just that.

Nova: The soldiers themselves had no finesse. They just charged in and struck. The Dragon army is swift and skilled, easily striking critical blows against their foes.

This will be important later!

Henry: Well, I doubt that is the last time we will be dealing with them.

HWAFynB.png

q88VAA2.png

GUESS WHAT THE NEXT CHAPTER HAS?

maybe you can do the next chapter with just soloing with Barry?

Maybe.

...Seriously?

Hack=summed up

i remember the non tutorial missions being balls difficult, mostly because of terrible map design and enemy spam.

I actually had an easy time with them, mostly because of the fact that Blademaster gave you a rather abusable mechanic, which I take it you didn't discover...don't worry, you'll see it later.

SECRECY!

Hello babes and bros. Welcome to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 4: Part 1: Chapter 3: The First Copied Map

WS6yTVl.png0BrbJmY.png

I'm almost entirely sure that these fadeouts, technically, are caused by a lack of a proper fade-in rather than an intentional fade-out. Before I reveal it, see if you can guess what map it is!

yHEbFZ9.png

Jake: had started to move. Led by Captain Max of the Holy army

vexj0aM.png

Jake: to become his victims being the Wind clan’s region…

"The first region to be his victim's being the Wind clan's region"...lots of bad sentence structure in this hack.

zxlZTRS.png

0Llolal.png

Oh look, it's a random friendly soldier who doesn't show up in-game!

Bluedier: taking advantage of this fog!

Eli: Thank you for that report soldier.

dB5CXT3.png

Eli: Yes, it appears the Holy army is using the fog to gain a tactical advantage against us.

Elimom: Is there any news about Ether or Raptor?

Eli: No, but I am sure they are out there somewhere.

j7adGde.png

Bern guy: Ether is a strong child. And Raptor is with him. He will be perfectly safe.

You know...if you think of this hack as a PARODY of fire emblem, it actually gains a sort of twisted brilliance...the only problem with it being that I'm almost entirely certain Blademaster was entirely genuine in making this hack.

Anyways, meanwhile...

WSlOu41.png8PYgwH5.png

Another over-the-top boss! Man, I like them, they actually have funny dialogue.

VmYvPIZ.pngJzamlZK.pngW7WcR2n.png

I'm not entirely sure how to interpret this, but it's pretty funny.

END DIALOGUE

W2ftTkz.png

Here's our team! Do you see anything...WRONG with this picture? I'll give you a minute...

ELI ISN'T A REQUIRED UNIT. It was the same way last chapter! Luckily, he isn't needed to seize thrones or anything, but still...

oAHAMDd.png

This map is the first fog of war map from Lyn's mode! You know, the one with the "honourable" knight who told you of the poison?

hz8Q4eJ.png

And it happens AGAIN.

wq1MfAM.png

Yup. We can't see ANYTHING.

Rdbjr4b.png

Such threatening mages.

f5s5r81.png

Man, they actually had a formation going here!

nnM39r8.pngHvpKgVH.png

This is the point where I realize that weapon weight is gone. EVERY WEAPON IS ONE WEIGHT!

wZRAPXb.png

Suddenly, TONS OF ENEMIES

E2N52xk.png

We move up to counter them, but EVEN MORE appear. Of course, they only serve to slow us down, what with the punch we're packing.

l3tYPnZ.png

Oh no, a sword. I'm real scared.

78NcQCR.png

Ooh, uh...I actually kinda forgot about that...

nIjlfVT.png

Suddenly, some new dudes show up!

Raptor: Lord Ether, it looks like Eli and his forces are already engaging them.

Ether: Even with the heavy fog? Eli never ceases to amaze me. Troops move out! Let’s put an end to these obnoxious wimps!

Glad to see the enemies aren't the only ones who can trash talk!

q7NBQfW.png

They come from over here, and they brought TONS of good allies with them!

f47Uufq.png

These are just like the enemy ones last chapter!

Dc03248.png0ZXyKLX.pngDfdcGXl.png

Here's Raptor. He's crutch character V2, and he has a door key for some reason.

HIo5F8z.png9nveJgs.pngHUiIZ8W.png

In a normal game, Ether would be declared better than Raptor, But this is Corrupt Theocracy, and Raptor is infinitely more useful.

I9U4VVZ.pngtNqb7Uk.png

Henry and Barry take care of the top front.

H6TX3KS.png

Flo needs to heal!

CxrdZ4w.png

We apparently don't follow the Geneva conventions. It's a route mission, so we literally CAN'T leave them alive.

twjc3LX.png

Uh, nice level! Dat Over 100% HP growth...

atgbOBq.png

One last Flo level, annnnd I'm cutting it here. See you guys next time, if you can bear to watch this horrible hack.

A route mission, huh? So you're just supposed to travel places, yet you slaughter all your foes? You suck.

Oh...oh dear lord, you're right! WHAT HAVE I DONE?

If you look Blademaster actually did spell it "route" instead of "rout"

A bit late, and not sure if it's intentional or not... but fun fact: in my language, "Gelo" is a slang word for "idiot"

Makes sense.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 4: Part 2: Chapter 3: Reinforcement spam

aPZUjV1.png

Quick reminder, this guy and some other noob just brought a bunch of friendly dudes, and now we have to wipe the few remaining enemies.

wZg6oBF.png

He's another, EVEN OPPER Paladin, much better than the friendly ones.

5YZeIDH.png0O6656S.pngOMjvl5f.pngcbtGd9E.png

Okay...?

ALNJriC.png

The paladins tend to cluster, but they do reveal the boss..."Pastel", an "excellent" renaming of "Pascal".

8uckthn.pngvsPu53y.png

Once again, he is far, far worse than the paladin standing next to him.

OtBWSpB.png

ITS HAMMER TIME

YELgJNq.pngbOZ1LK3.pngqDc1Jfj.png

What a difficult boss.

Not.

K4m8RI0.png

Okay, let's finish the paladin, and leave...quickly...or else they will arrive...

Gk0qbPf.png

WHEN SUDDENLY, THE ALLIED PALADINS SURROUND THE ENEMY ONE! Yeah, our "friends" will prevent us from attacking this guy at melee range, and thus we can't kill him. They can't be relied on to kill him themselves, and this will be a VERY bad thing in a minute.

KFCo0Oh.png

Just look at them up there in the corner! Let's visit this house while we're at it...

pFKy49w.png

What's a "toarch"?

mylRhFt.pngpPicEqa.pngEqnrbm9.pngZq6nlyN.png

If you playing this hack AT ALL, then that's messed up. BAM!

nhwQNjU.png

Apparently, these guys have a talk.

FyG9dIF.png

Eli: Lord Ether! You are safe! Lord Danri and Lady Elixer will be pleased!

Ether: Those two worry too much. Especially mother… Well then, let’s finish up this foolish battle!

Eli: Right! Let’s go!

GLa8NtW.png

Now, you may remember something from the original map that this hack uses. You know, how all the reinforcements would come from the forts once the fog rolled in? All the brigands and stuff? Surely Blademaster wouldn't feel the need to include several turns of that, right?

WRONG.

vNvV2yj.png

As I said, these guys can't be relied on. And now, because of them preventing us from killing the paladin in time, we have to deal with the reinforcement spam.

T7G7eIE.pngd3uT9ZH.png

If you look back up, you can see one of the forts has a monk. A PURGE monk, no less. With weapon weight gone, siege tomes are now hilariously OP.

FcUNzqs.png

Can you notice anything a little bit ODD here? I'll give you some time to notice it.

zEHinIj.png

Uh oh. Barry can only SORT OF murder these guys. We'll be needing Eli down here!

t3S0n7t.png

These two can also talk, I guess.

D9e3bMV.png

Ether: with lady Ulala?

Troy: …I guess you could say that is correct in a fashion Lord Uther.

Ether: Tell me, how fares Lady Ulala? To be honest… I am quite infatuated with her. Since you are with her so often, I figured you might know something…

Troy: …I must apologize, but I do not Lord Ether. Now, if you’ll excuse me…

UwS17JO.png

Ether: Lady Ulala will someday be mine! I know it to be true!

So yeah, these crappy characters have their own little romances going on. And it sucks.

EmMy8fW.png

We should NOT be getting these numbers in the earlygame!

a3YxcMe.pngsWEJX6f.png

TEAMWORK allows us to kill the paladin, albeit too late to stop the reinforcements.

U5pqZNL.png

Seriously?

bpqgLcq.png

Man, lots of talks this chapter!

ELdCVj6.png

Barry: In a way, yes. I am just teaching him some Axe handling skills. He is doing quite well. His skills are almost as good if not the same as mine!

Raptor: Interesting. Would you perhaps like this Axe then?

Barry: A silver axe? Oh no, I could never take such a weapon from a knight like yourself!

Raptor: No, no, no, I insist!

WspO3mt.png

Raptor: No, no, no, I-

kcJSnsV.png

And then, leaving us with the implication that it goes on forever, Barry just gets the axe anyway. Now he's even MORE awesome.

q54WBFz.png

twj2HAB.png

Hey! The map is clear! We should be done! Where's the last few guys hiding? The green troops aren't moving, which is odd, because normally they're amazing trackers...

q4qsTXx.png

Oh, there she is! Remember when I talked about something odd earlier? That was because these forts spawn units in mountains. Peaks. These units can't traverse the mountains. And they're more than two spaces away from traversable land. Do you realize what that means? It means that if Flo was dead and Troy's longbow was broken or simply not acquired, this chapter would be UNWINNABLE.

0/10. Worst game design.

e1kqaJi.png

I think I'll just let you see that this lady's doom is implied, rather than actually shown.

Fo9FoWr.png

Elimom: Ether…you’re back!

Ether: Dearest Father and Mother, you had nothing to worry about. Raptor and I have both returned safely!

Eli: Now that we are all safe for the moment, I think it would be best if our troop moved on to the Water clan castle. Without Beyard to protect them, they are somewhat defenseless.

Ether: Well then, if that is the case, Raptor and some of our soldiers will be joining you! Father, you can hold down the fort on your own yes?

Beyard(?): Is there any particular reason why?

Ether: Of course! Lord Eli, may I ask you to step out for a moment?

Eli: Oh, of course.

*Eli leaves*

Ether: Father, I love Lady Ulala. I wish to be wed to her and this is a chance to go and garner her favor!

Elimom: Oh ho! I knew you were acting differently around her! I am in full support!

Beyard(?): I too am in full support of your feelings. I will do my best to see your dream fulfilled!

Ether: Yes! Thank you Father!

Trust me, this romance stuff will only get worse. In all honesty, I almost like it better when it focuses on romance instead of the worst war ever.

u5vMarR.png

c2jcDRf.png

Next time: A "Route" mission!

i'm pretty certain if fio dies its game over, or not, but i remember ALOT of characters having game over coding on them

yeah i believe that when flo dies it's game over

in all honesty, i feel like there are some actual possible ideas that could have worked in this hack.

it's just that there so diluted through boring stuff, that it becomes tedious.

and may ch 5 burn for all i care, though ive only got to ch 7

Mark and Raptor also have a talk in this chapter.

You get a Brave Sword if you do it. I would have done it, but there's no way I'm going through the hell that's chapter four again..

Yeah, I missed a few convos, as we'll see.

i'm pretty certain if fio dies its game over, or not, but i remember ALOT of characters having game over coding on them

Honestly, despite the fact that she's clearly the weakest unit on the team, she never actually dies. So I wouldn't know.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 5: Chapter 4: Part 1: Cluster**** the Second

CVrMHIF.pngWPTgglI.png

Once again, I feel obligated to mention that this isn't a defense mission. This hack has exactly one of those, and it ISN'T this chapter.

It's the next one.

6XQJkT4.png

Anna: heavily rain down on the Repub forces, thing are beginning to look rather bleak. The main bulk of the Repub army is currently engaged in combat all across the Earth clan’s territory. And outside of those areas, the only real defense left is Eli and the Wind clans armies…

v3Xh7kX.png1pmDG5N.png

Suddenly, tons of enemies and allies start appearing everywhere! This is another stolen map, it's the first chapter where the black fang appears and the one where you get Nils. I can never remember the numbers...

fK09pZZ.png

Ursula(?): I have more reinforcements inside if you need them.

Yes! Give them!

Eli: No, Lady Ulala. We already have received word that General Mac will be here with more reinforcements soon. Let your soldier protect the castle incase the enemy breaks the line.

Not appearing this chapter: General Mac.

Ulala: If that’s what you really want…

FjGDq0i.pngPIDPjFa.png

Evil guy: I expected something much more beautiful. I guess once Captain Max shows up and takes over this foul place, he can spruce it up a bit so that it may at last have some class.

Yeah, there's honestly not much water here. Blademaster could have done a neat water custom map, but that would have been, you know, /effort and all.

END DIALOGUE

YWukCcs.png

The game is consistently making us leave one unit out. And it's ALWAYS Mark.

xt2I7vM.png

Here's the enemy formation! Yup. You aren't seeing it wrong.

AhZD8ia.pngrnvsEGV.png

The generic mooks are pretty weak, but the prepromotes are INSANE. Seriously, we spend some time just chopping the majority of the enemies to bits...and then these guys come in, and they can one-round some of your weaker units! Come on!

9kijUnW.pngBB7B3it.png

The boss if VERY outclassed here, and he doesn't move at all.

fJ9NcHI.png

The knights are the toughest mooks around, and as long as we have Barry and our other anti-knight weapons(basically everyone has one!) we'll be fine.

uogbbvj.png

The majority of our units are...all the way back here. Blademaster, on quite a few occasions, makes you spend the first few turns just moving your units, and watching greenies fight. The next chapter will basically be the ultimate exercise of how NOT to design a defense mission.

NvA6YE3.png

This is starting to get consistent. And I don't like it.

sSl57Bd.png

If you look, you can see some palabarricades suddenly appeared! They're intended to slow down the enemy advance, possibly as a sort of wave mission where you had to slowly retreat back to the castle.

Sorry Blademaster, regardless of how you WANTED the chapter to turn out, it quite simply didn't turn out that way.

agXM2EX.png0PAqtVC.pngbBqzbkO.png

These guys aren't too tough on their own. But they come in sets of two, and the front one has a fort. As a result, all the normal enemy mooks will cluster around them, get killed, and then the prepromotes will mop the floor with them AFTER they've taken out a huge portion of the rest of the army.

So much green combat...so many enemies...SO MUCH BORING...

j74f14h.png

Sorry. This will likely be permanent. I am NOT going through this with animations on.

sH2UFip.png

We starts with a rescue. This will later serve a purpose.

Gw9m46h.pnge6mXMKw.png

If you look above the battle boxed, you can see how things are turning out. The prepromotes move AFTER everyone else, and it's just...a massive...boring...slog...

rZepsRy.png

FINALLY! Although, the paladin doesn't really do anything.

ePvhMhR.png

Game Design 101 Lesson A: DON'T DO THIS

5AZHup9.png

The forts heal the little damage they do take! This is insane!

81ppaDf.png

Maybe items can soothe my pain?

UA71zyH.pngjw3o4EG.png

Uh...

btMA0J3.pngOnubLxe.pngvtolK7G.pngARxOHyY.png

I just had to screenshot all that because it was so insane. We walk into a village, and some insane guy comes and rants to us before giving us an item. Honestly, sometimes it gets really, REALLY hard to tell whether or not this is actually some sort of genius parody.

8TtXLGg.png

O0aGZWX.png

*sigh*

Vztddtk.png

Some of the soldiers actually start moving through the mountains. Good thing we're starting to get troops over there.

RPZ4xfK.png

Awww, you almost had him! And now we have to kill you! ...Maybe.

DKQ7ABw.png

...Nope.

gz4uQn5.png

Suddenly, the ultimate tactic is SET IN MOTION: PALADIN NUKES! We airdrop paladins at various critical points near the enemy formations, and they help to clear them out so we don't have to!

WOiIbJV.png

YOU SHALL NOT PASS

MLGWvQj.png

It's working!

CGtkT3A.png

But then a critical flaw appears...

CUTTING IT HERE! CLIFFHANGER! OH MAN!