TheMoniker plays Corrupt Theocracy

TheMoniker

Also, be careful with this thread. The last thread that i read like this was a (hillarious) LP of the the pokemon firered hack "pokemon dark rising" (Lower quality level, by the way) called "pokemon dark writhing" (on the nuzlocke forums), and ended with a lot of yelling and someone leaving the pokemon hacking comunity. (Granted, in this case, the hacker left long ago, but still)

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8792665/1/

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished reading Dark Rising, and have been silently following this one.

Though the threads are similar, the Dark Rising one involved some cross-forum drama (namely, the guy who LP'd it going to PC to say something about it). I haven't seen Blademaster in a while, but I'd like to think he'd handle it better than the creator of Dark Rising. Still, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Now, if you guys want me to make a terrible hack, as a way to illustrate how NOT to do a FE game, I'd be willing to oblige you. :P:

For the portraits:

Sandy is a Karla recolor with Lyn's ponytail, Craft looks like Geese with different eyes and some changes to his jacket. Star is Farina's face and upperbody with Lucius' cape and Ursula's body. Donovan is Zeiss' hair, Lance's face, and Lloyd's body.

Well, that just goes to prove if you splice ENOUGH, you can make the portrait unrecognizable. Good job recognizing the components!

From what i recall you can see it on male mercs in development screen shots, but it is in the female "slot". Also, i belive it was left in the fe7 and fe8 code, so activating it is a matter of one nightmare click, which is probably why you see it so much in hacks.

Ah, I see. Man, playing these hacks is really educating me on this sort of thing.

Honestly, the splices of the four starting characters in Part 2 are pretty good, with the exception of Sandy.

You mean Star, right? The yellow-hair peg? Sandy is the Lyn/Karla splice, I think she looks pretty good.

Also, be careful with this thread. The last thread that i read like this was a (hillarious) LP of the the pokemon firered hack "pokemon dark rising" (Lower quality level, by the way) called "pokemon dark writhing" (on the nuzlocke forums), and ended with a lot of yelling and someone leaving the pokemon hacking comunity. (Granted, in this case, the hacker left long ago, but still)

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8792665/1/

Thanks for the recommendation. That's a few hours of my life I'm not getting back.

Use strategy to beat the level 50 tornadorus

Also, another question. From the picture that LP painted, the hack in question won a gameplay award despite its suckiness, and I just have to ask...is the pokemon romhacking community seriously that...messed up, or at least that forum, specifically? If that hack got praised, its basically hugbox community Up to Eleven!

I finished reading Dark Rising, and have been silently following this one.

Though the threads are similar, the Dark Rising one involved some cross-forum drama (namely, the guy who LP'd it going to PC to say something about it). I haven't seen Blademaster in a while, but I'd like to think he'd handle it better than the creator of Dark Rising. Still, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Now, if you guys want me to make a terrible hack, as a way to illustrate how NOT to do a FE game, I'd be willing to oblige you. :P:

Yeah, if you read the corrupt theocracy topic(all roughly 2.2 pages of it), Blademaster basically admits he only made it to say he actually made a finished hack(which means that, despite what some have said and I have implied, this actually WASN'T entirely serious), so he WASN'T making it going "oh man, this is gonna be the best hack EVER, it will have NO FLAWS..."

Hello babes and bros, welcome to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 10: Chapter 9: Part 2: Plot Train Wreck

Also including, the EPISODE 11 PRELUDE!

Note: To get the episode title, you must read both.

C3FDATl.png

LAST TIME, ON DRAGONBALL Z...

n4SRSKE.png

We'd best get everyone contributing here.

fxZ7020.png

All these mercenaries are equipped with slim swords, and their stats aren't exactly high. The results are kinda funny.

CyznXdZ.png

Beautiful, but you're missing two critical stats...

kW2sQu7.png

The extra point of speed lets Donovan double the fighters, making him infinitely more useful. With weapon weight gone, doubling is just a straight your speed-their speed calculation...

KZiQSmV.png

A few turns later, and we're doing really well! It should be easy to clear the chapter now...

rw45tcO.png

Not a good note to start on, but at least defense.

8otmp1C.png

He'll need that RES later, but really...I played up your usefulness Craft, WORK FOR ME!

xgrYS9e.png

THING!

WwxwsIG.pngwQ4r7pr.png

Even more money! Trust me, we will NOT be short of cash anytime soon!

WHEN SUDDENLY, A MID-BATTLE EVENT!

qT9gbcF.png

Red-hair: It’s time that we started speeding things up.

Hey! We're doing fine!

Green-hair: I agree. But it’s probably because of those Bandits. These Mercenaries were obviously just to weak to deal with them.

WE'RE. DOING. FINE.

TxkGN83.png

I agree with that plan. I love steak.

Red-hair: Making me work…I hope I can kill them myself one day.

You don't even need to work! We have this handled!

AuWlxKH.png

Craft: just who I wanted to see…

KeJ81Bz.png

I'll focus on those guys in a minute. They arrive on enemy phase start for whatever reason, so we can't study them quite yet.

UsSfQvr.png

Donovan is injured, hopefully he'll be fine...

cIS7Fjy.png

Such a pro peg.

sYF2y8t.png

Here come the greenies to "help".

WYZa0aQ.pngkEd0lgE.png

I WONDER IF WE'LL GET TO FIGHT HIM LATER

5nxJBlW.png6IW7NTX.pngR1m1ELM.png

Such a good general...such a good custom weapon... Hey wait, generals can't use swords! I probably should have looked more closely at this guy, but don't worry, all will be revealed in due time.

QJg0luj.pngqTnbymX.png

The soldiers are a joke(but so are the enemies), however, they are packing silver lances.

In case it wasn't clear, Holy is the nation we're collecting taxes for. Yep, the evil one.

These guys basically show up the INSTANT you have things under control, to force you to hurry up(in the earlygame, every kill is valuable!) and throwing things into chaos again.

fzJR7NJ.png

We need to hurry, but all our units are injured! Thank goodness for vulnerary buffs!

fAx3OiR.png

Such a PRO peg!

YCDe4Hk.png

Craft does things despite the odds.

un174Z2.png

What's in here?

5x4rQw2.png

Untypical guy: Axes such! Being at war with a country mostly maned by axe users, we need to have weapons lance users can use to beat them with. And I have one of those weapons right here! Take it! Show those bandits whose boss!

I think making villagers talk about everything they hate is starting to become an in-joke now.

KWDRLFV.png

Yep. Normally pegs suffer in earlygame because of bandit plotlines necessitating axes, but NOT here! CRAFT is the one who suffers, because there are no lance users at the very start and he can't hit anything.

BpCRbod.png

We have to at least weaken them! GET ALL THE XP POSSIBLE!

jsDfsDR.png

SUCH a PRO peg!

JxByxRm.png

Dang, they did get one kill.

XL3iuzQ.png

And now they're headed through the center. We can't let them have the bosskill...

JrZJKu0.pngFMaCwYW.png

Tired: I just want to go to sleep… I hear that there even exists a staff that can put you to sleep nowadays…

There are a LOT of yellow houses with just filler dialogue.

jSKdGkx.png

I didn't REALLY visit the house, I entered the merc's range instead! Thank you, savestates!

KiJalwS.png

SUCH A PRO PEG!

ReXxpVt.png

Sandy re-gets her first level. It's pretty good.

VSVsIov.png

Craft...

6fIhp4t.png

Hits. Definitely.

4zxqhtr.png

SUCH A PR-oh. Nevermind.

m209E0d.png

Excellent, excellent. Keep it up, mr sexy lord!

mN6tVhb.png

*sigh* we have to kill the boss now, don't we?

jzjlZtQ.png45bHmb0.pngzk9Xc3x.png

Excuse me, exactly which one can't she give you? She's still carrying one of those 5,000 g bags...

XE0x9Ar.png

How convenient! I guess that's what happens when you anger a lady.

9h7fiL1.png

Lfhmqdl.png

Last rewarding house!

bQDD8zx.png

Earlybird: We paid this month already. But I’m guessing you still want something eh? Take this shield as thanks for fighting those bandits.

xFcLDZM.png

For a second I thought I was gonna get a delphi shield to make Star EVEN BETTER. But nope, it's a statbooster!

afe7aRy.png

Last guy! Let's have Star finish him!

zMqNTRE.png

But first, I would like to point out that the arena DOES work, which seems to be a "big no-no" for just about every hacker ever.

1pVZkby.png

Oh, and the shop? Pointless. When we will get a shop with something other than vulneraries?

SeDcSa5.png

At least I can convert some of these bags.

GmmHmjl.png

Clap clap clap. GET STRENGTH.

sxelMSu.png

Bull: Insolent pup! Learn to speak properly to your superiors!

Donovan: Here is the money we collected from the people.

Worm: Well, everything is in order here. As for your pay…

Pay!

vURRTqK.png

Donovan.

I know you are a hero.

I know Blademaster paints you as noble.

But.

You.

DO.

NOT.

TURN.

DOWN!

FREE!

MONEEEEEEYYYY!

Donovan: at an inn that is giving us free room and food as thanks for helping with the bandit problem. Otherwise we are staying at Mandrake’s church.

aJy4eoH.pngLQsErON.png

*facepalm*

ftutxlz.png

Craft: people. I hope we can get paid soon. We can’t stay at the church forever.

You do realize your leader literally turned down the pay?

Donovan: And the inn only gave us room for two nights.

jKlZi5M.png

Craft: I want my money! More money equals more beer! And more beer means more fun! And women!

Craft, you DO realize that the cause of the money problems is RIGHT THERE? Your "leader" didn't even TRY to negotiate for your pay!

Donovan: But you have two beautiful women right here.

Star: Yeah, you’re right! And you’re SOOO O attractive Craft,

This is now how these scenes are supposed to go.

Sandy: Sorry, but I’ve had enough men for one life time… I’m going to sleep.

Craft: Yeah, me too. Night.

HunrZOV.png

Donovan: Yeah, Beyard and Fauna were great people.

Oh, so they ARE related! I guess that explains the face...sort of...

C3kSXJu.png

Donovan: Hmmm?

eCWjXIn.png

And then these two just pop in.

Star: Yes…they were my parents. They taught Donovan and I how to fight…

Donovan: Why do you want to know?

Red guy: Do you know who they were?

Star: They were once soldiers of Repub. Why do you ask? They were executed and we were deemed free by a Holy court.

They're dead, huh?

Also, how exactly were they executed by a Holy Court? Neighboring nations don't just execute nobles of other nations! Such actions actually WOULD be grounds for a war!

Fiora(?): So they are dead… Not good…

Star: Why do you care about them anyway?

Red guy: …If we tell you, what will you do?

Donovan: Leave you alone. Like I care about the past of my dead cousins.

He's lying, but not in the way you might think.

Fiora(?): Cousins? You are…?

Donovan: Beyard said he was my uncle, but never told me more than that. He said we were related though.

Red guy: I see…well then, we are…

yeFhyMg.png

And then it just...ENDS? Seriously?

YYDFAX7.png

What a great "cliffhanger"! You know what, let's do MORE plot!

BBrikrC.pngeJYo7LO.png

These chapter titles. Very descriptive. Ironically, they're honestly a bit better than stupid cliche stuff like "Heart of Fire", that doesn't have anything to do with the chapter. At least they have that going for them!

VV5pBdv.png

I was just WAITING for the hack to make that typo!

Anna: they bring Donovan and co. news that would set their fates in motion…

SV3LbVL.png

Wait, a map scene that DOESN'T involve the game spewing enemies everywhere?

DYB5QIk.png

Donovan: to find Beyard and Fauna since they were once these high ranking generals in the Repub army?

Farina(?): Exactly. We needed them to comeback with us

kGX6EwC.png

And now the hack adds random repeats to its error library.

Farina(?): honest, to find out they are dead is not surprising. They both disapeared in Merc 18 years ago while they were on a trip with the late Lady Ulala.

Lady Ulala too? WHY IS EVERYBODY DEAD?

To conveniently get them out of the way so Blademaster doesn't need new portraits of course

Al7oCCM.png

Red guy: recently when General Troy told us about them.

Odd word choice here. "We found out they were still alive" AFTER the players and the characters know that they're dead!

Star: To think that mother and father kept such a secret from me…

Donovan: Well, since they’re dead we will help you out instead. It’s better than nothing I would say.

Well.

So, these two random people come up, and Donovan just ABANDONS his tax collecting job(which despite the bad bosses, is actually quite lucrative!) to go help them in a war.

This plot.

Red guy: Their descendants would be just as good I guess.

Their descendants would NOT be just as good!

Red guy: Very well. We will go and meet Lord Elliot on the marrow.

The marrow? As in, BONE marrow? How will we even do that? Did Eli kill enough people to make a mountain/lake of the stuff? That's disgusting!

Star: Not so fast. We need to get one more friend of ours first.

Donovan: Ricky right? I’m sure Mandrake will want to come too. He always wanted to go to Repub.

This means more recruitables.

Farina(?): Can these people fight?

Donovan: Mandrake is somewhat skilled in Solar magic and Ricky is an apprentice fighter. I’m sure they will be strong enough.

No idea why he renamed "light" to "solar", especially since it's kinda inconsistent throughout the story.

And no, Ricky is most certainly NOT strong enough.

hA7re10.png0t8GdvZ.png

Not the WANT REVENGE! How did those bandits convince it to aid them?

Crazy lady: They have already started to attack the town!

Donovan: Oh great, not again. I’ll go wake everyone.

Farina(?): Blaze and I will fight too! I’m sure we can be of help!

wDbSTY7.png

The screen moves up and down a bunch, presumably deploying the bandits.

aSxFqjv.png

Even greener: I will get you your revenge… I will AVENGE YOU!

END DIALOGUE

MN8kXNq.png

Our cursor starts over here, And yep, that's right. No less than THREE fog chapters before we get toarches or thieves!

jWTXOAc.png

If you didn't recognize it, it's the map with Ninian. In canon, this is actually still Port Badon, so it makes sense in a REALLY WEIRD way. Also, we are nowhere near the house we started in in that map scene.

rJEyU73.pngFNPAdwY.pngPoDzpke.png

3Bvabtn.png

The star pic is for comparison.

Well, this is the first hack I've seen where the first unit you get two of is pegs. Flora seems to trivialize Star immediately, but I'm not going to use her, because for all I know she could actually secretly suck.

tJtRzZM.png8FGJ4Z9.pngecr6oGR.png

Blaze is one of the very few armors around. I used him last run, and he wasn't so great after the earlygame, so I'm going to ignore him this time.

Phew, we covered a lot of ground! Until next time!

NEXT TIME: Remember when I mentioned that "overpowered mechanic" earlier that Malakov missed?

Also, another question. From the picture that LP painted, the hack in question won a gameplay award despite its suckiness, and I just have to ask...is the pokemon romhacking community seriously that...messed up, or at least that forum, specifically? If that hack got praised, its basically hugbox community Up to Eleven!

Yeah that's basically the gist of his hack runs. He also did Ruby Destiny LoG first and has a Light Platinum run on indefinite hiatus.

yeah i remember you mentioning an overpowered mechanic that would've made my life easier, i still wonder what it could be

Maybe it's something as stupid as hold down every possible button to always hit and crit no matter what.

Edited by Blackzero

Yeah that's basically the gist of his hack runs. He also did Ruby Destiny LoG first and has a Light Platinum run on indefinite hiatus.

Dangit, now I have to read those too! How am I supposed to play Corrupt Theocracy like this?

Star uses the female aid formula. Flora uses. . .the male one?! I'm confused!

I didn't even know they were different, but I guess so.

Hello babes and bros. Welcome to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 11: Chapter 10: Support Rant

uXnAR6B.png

Donovan and Craft will be leading the charge.

Also, something I should have said earlier: When Blademaster takes FE7 maps, he normally starts us in a different position, putting sort of a twist on things. For the first few chapter though, it's just doing maps you've already played, but in a less interesting manner.

NwTIpLA.png

I fear there are enemies up here, so I am very careful...(I don't need to be, there are no enemies behind our starting position)

bF8Wcer.png

But...I thought you talked about the past...oh, forget it.

Jake: All characters are given to you until chapter 13! There is one person you need to recruit there! Good luck!

How helpful.

m59ND63.png

fjZdrku.pngxsM86jR.pnglJClE1T.png

How many twists can you put on this, Blademaster? We still have over 20 chapters to go here.

NZ6mYyY.png

This should help Craft...except it'll be a while before I actually remember to put it in Craft's inventory, and I will pay for it.

The enemy phase begins...

It goes for a while...

9EO89x0.png

And then ends? Where IS everybody? This is kind of unsettling...

S5X9RWP.png

MORE.

xMM7Yny.pnglTGQ74B.png

vtpAw7S.png

Despite the fact that we've clearly abandoned our tax collecting jobs, we're still getting taxes from the citizenry anyway, and presumably we DO keep it all this time.

Our heroes.

NG5wtkX.png

There's someone!

9Dl5Rq4.png

And another one!

EmGPwog.png

This is the squishiest unit on the team. Seriously, it's awakening prologue normal mode all over again.

Of course, the bandits are WAY more threatening...

wYZzfXc.png

You guys need to start exercising those growths I've talked about!

l93RlTl.png

Here we go, now we're in a real engagement.

UxurSQ5.png

The armory, naturally, sells rather specialized weapons. No convoy means there's no real reason to stock up.

gUHUr1I.png

This house appears open, but we can't actually visit it, apparently. Let's go to the shop instead...

fkYr0Wi.png

A-a torch? Like, an honest-to-goodness, REAL torch? T-this isn't a fake torch or anything, right?

I'LL TAKE TWO

iGORsps.png

Let's murder!

qbpB8fT.png

*sigh* don't worry, we'll fix this soon.

hbF5g00.png

There, perfect.

LNPol9y.png

I think the game is rewarding me for savestate abuse.

q3VYRVA.png

G63pepT.png

Wow, mr sexy lord has over 100% HP growth. Even if he apparrently can't use his growths in the other stats.

Also, he's gotten speed literally every level...now I kinda want to know the growths for these characters.

ekNnzIo.png

FINALLY!

z27Jks5.png

It doesn't reveal much. Or anything at all, really. Torches aren't really effective unless they're combined with thieves, but they're all we have for now.

z0Fw2fg.png

She couldn't have doubled him, so this really is convenient.

XdVokLH.png

Come on Sandy, stop slacking! This will REALLY bite you in the butt later if you don't pick it up!

1XFUqUk.png

Welp

Yeah, I'm fairly certain the only way to save this village is to rush a peg through an area you couldn't possibly know to rush a peg through, and for all you know said area could be filled with enemies.

Considering what Jake said, though, there's probably nothing important in there.

9Cp9BNs.png

Now I'm scared, time to move and secure this one.

5KqwhQh.png

Going up here, the village was destroyed by...a Merc? What?

Granted, this isn't exactly the only place I've seen this happen! Later on in the hack, something even MORE ridiculous will happen...

Wait...

n4E9TiX.png

Oh NOOOOOOO...

he doesn't actually destroy the village

G4eYNGb.png

Heal!

jxzaH1R.png308mpMj.png

More enemies enter the town, or maybe they were there the whole time.

MMyYRlN.png

It hurts.

iJeUgQc.png

So many people are hurt, we ALL must retreat!

LsmWbaG.png

Last red one!

UgY97EW.png

Gush girl 2#: That Donovan is just so amazing… I wish he was still doing his old job… I would have paid so much to-!!!!!

Do you see what I mean about over-played sexiness now?

ocskkuz.png

Gush girl 2#: Here! Take this and go and never speak of this again!

8fYyZhZ.png

Such creativity. Especially after the very first village just gave us 5,000 gold straight, and he gives us bags permanently from there on out. Maybe he found that giving bags was more convenient?

2PhY4PB.png

I didn't plan this the best. Now I need to toss a torch.

azGtrUX.png

Note to self: Do not make Star tank mercs with an axereaver.

5ZQXoE7.png

Last one!

uBlgzFm.png

Anna: so not much past has happened yet. Good luck!

WOW

SO HELPFUL

4xkDajm.png

THERE'S the growths I know and love!

Ney2wH9.png

Beautiful!

mTQpGb1.pngd1SIgd0.png

So many earlygame shops that we don't need!

m9xGfKq.pngsJJyqU4.png

I HATE vulnerary-only shops! They aren't exactly exclusive to this hack, but still, it's just a disappointment!

JAdyN1Z.png

We're alone in the town now. None of the remaining enemies move.

eYLbW0Z.png

YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS

6Sm4Dle.png

Suddenly I'm having second thoughts.

lYakWjp.png

She can double him, and barely manages to win. Phew!

We have no healers, so grinding with the arena requires lots of patience, and buying and chugging buffed vulneraries.

Which I'm not doing.

Us7Ovhr.png

Donovan EASILY wins his match.

Okay. You guys READY?

vYeGR4x.png

SUPPOOOOOORRRTTTSSS!

2bXJeXL.png

Craft: Star! Star! Star!

Star: Here! I made this shirt for you!

Craft: Awww… How sweet. I’ll put it on later today.

Star: Thanks Craft! Love you!

dlek99D.png

Such good support

Much awesome

Anyways, Blademaster said he buffed supports...let's take a look!

aVlcZdQ.pngtZF6x0h.png

That's... +10 avoid, +10 crit, +1 attack(the iron axe has 8 MT), and +14 hit, assuming unbuffed iron axe hit.

This is ONE C LEVEL SUPPORT.

For comparison, in normal FE, you would get 5 avoid and maybe 5 crit, and MAYBE 1 or 0.5 attack/defense on top of it(in one C support). Blademaster doubled those and ladled extras on top of it! This is why Craft and just about everyone else can be so good! Once you get their supports rolling, they become unstoppable weapons of death, as long as they're all clustered together!

TL;DR: LET'S DO MORE

LHQlRCD.pngwAFq8Ug.png

Craft: I’m doing good Sandy. I could be drunker though.

Sandy: Me too. Let’s get a drink with everyone later.

rB6hEmS.png

Wow, all you need for huge bonuses is to invite a girl to a drink these days. You don't even need to go get the drink.

DzP5rrA.png

Now he has two! He's gained 18 hit, another point of attack, twelve MORE crit, and twelve MORE avoid!

This is INSANE!

wbRovaD.png

Let's do a Sandy/Star/Craft triangle!

U5N0Qdm.png

Sandy: Star! Star! Star!

Star: Guess what?

Sandy: What?

Star: I love you!

Sandy: Aww, I love you too!

HWMP6Ro.png

There's little to say about the convos. Just the bonuses they give.

hHUj5aC.png

Craft and Star will be the A in the triangle, leaving Sandy with one free support...

C4vO9qi.png

Donovan: The perfect woman as always Sandy.

Sandy: I know. I’m just so perfect and unflawed!

aM8zCoH.png

Do I even NEED to comment on these supports?

Sandy has three C supports now, let's look at her!

5pFTIjI.pngg5Ugxxy.png

OVER 50 CRIT(granted, she has the Mani Katti)

OVER 70 AVOID

ALMOST FREAKING 180 HIT

IN THE SECOND CHAPTER

ON A LEVEL 4 UNIT

Malakov, THIS is the OP mechanic I mentioned!

Come on, let's finish the chapter!

mBBuEjq.png

Sword users AREN'T SO THREATENING ANYMORE

S3Mm8gS.png

Excellent, excellent.

MKd3RA6.png

We don't need stats, just supports.

They help, of course.

W2vfcH2.png

The boss charges out of the fog!

LHX2yA7.png

SO THREATENING

CPPf5le.pngYL35UwC.png

I disagree with the description.

4RjQJ20.png

He's no trouble at all. Loving that death quote.

9u86yl1.png

He ISN'T the last enemy on the map, this bandit in the corner is.

z71b7yl.png

11 speed on a bandit! Beautiful!

LQclJJU.png

Craft: guy sleep?

jprGrQ9.png

Sandy: He just doesn’t like doing anything ever. A pretty simple guy.

Flora: You look…familiar. Do you know a person named Shark by chance?

Awesome Mccoolname! Can't wait to meet this guy!

Sandy: You mean my brother? Yeah, he’s the one who introduced me to Donovan and Star. Fun stuff that was. I’m going back to sleep, so night.

uLdoHd1.png

Blaze: They are related to people who are currently aiding Lord Eli’s counter strike. What is going on here?

Flora: I’m sure General Troy will know.

That was an unremarkable bit of plot, let's just move on.

cicx30a.png

NEXT TIME: Another "Route" mission!

Wait...Blademaster mispells "Rout" as "Route"...

And escape involves following a "route"...

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

Oh wow, easy +50s to Hit and Avoid with maxed supports? What a great way to march into the second half of the game saying W H A T D I F F I C U L T Y

How long does it take to get those supports by the way?

Edited by X-Naut

Thanks for the recommendation. That's a few hours of my life I'm not getting back.

Use strategy to beat the level 50 tornadorus

Yeah, pretty much. I used to be a member of that community and that was vary much true. Also, i have actualy played the first bit of dark rising, mainly because i liked the idea of turning the intro sequence into an actual dream. I actualy thought it started out okay (if rather unpolished), but then it got retardedlly grindy, and the design got worse, and half the issues were things like (badly) changing the tileset on mount moon and calling it the "water cave".

Oh, and by the way, blaze's sprite is kyle's sprite from the fe8 prototype, so don't go thinking that it was original or anything.

Oh wow, easy +50s to Hit and Avoid with maxed supports? What a great way to march into the second half of the game saying W H A T D I F F I C U L T Y

How long does it take to get those supports by the way?

Yeah, I really just have no interest in trying to challenge myself in this hack. This way, I can still show off all the ridiculous BS that is the lategame without actually being affected by it.

They don't take long at all to get. The ones in the last chapter took 5-10 turns, and the ones this chapter don't take much longer.

Oh, and by the way, blaze's sprite is kyle's sprite from the fe8 prototype, so don't go thinking that it was original or anything.

Yeah, I knew I recognized it from somewhere...

The upper right red village has a Wind Sword.

Dang, that would've been worth getting, even if we do already have one magic sword.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 12: Chapter 11: Part 1: Town of Emptiness

3yM1ijb.pngDMIV0o5.png

Try to guess what map this is. Go on. I'll give you some time.

Bm13Bao.png

Jake: Teaming up with Blaze and Flora, Donovan and co. go to meet Mandrake and Ricky so that they may leave Holy and help free Repub…

chC4EAj.png

We appear over here, notably with two extra units in tow...

rWpLx3E.png

Ricky: behind once and for all! Yes!

Mandrake: I too am happy to be leaving. Our new Pope has lost his way. It is as if we no longer even worship the sun god(who is evil)

Flora: This is why he must be stopped.

See, this is kind of confusing here. The plot seems to be that the church has become corrupt(HENCE THE TITLE), and that they no longer worship the Sun God, which, if you remember from the intro, is Pyron. But the thing is(spoilers) that Pyron is the MAIN VILLAIN of the overarching plot! It just doesn't make sense!

Flora: Our current plan is to free Repub and then invade Holy.

wVfNEys.png

Saving an entire nation

Then defeating another

Sounds simple

This is best protagonist

Donovan: Remember to stock up on supplies too!

GEE, IT SURE WOULD BE HELPFUL IF WE HAD A CONVOY!

jfIfJC5.png

We scroll down to...woah.

2QCjsbO.png

Worm: showing up soon! Take em out! But try and capture those Repub soldiers!

Yeah, Blademaster doesn't do anything interesting with these two bosses-who-helped-us-earlier. We'll be fighting Bull next chapter.

END DIALOGUE

yfIvBWB.pngP9d9mXa.png

Why does our cursor always start in these places?

Long as we're here, might as well look at the enemies.

zBn6CDs.png

These knights are the most threatening mooks around, and they are by no means amazing. They're level 5, which means they give plenty of XP.

nl4iyEO.pngTG7cX8U.png

Worm is still Worm. Look at his stats compared to the mook above. Odd, isn't it?

2eHdkNh.png

The town is entirely empty...

RVYlmWz.png

And we still start over here!

Z3RCQkb.png

Making both the player and the enemy walk across large swaths of terrain unopposed! What good game design!

Also, if you didn't guess, it's Geitz's map. The earlygame sure has a lot of town maps, huh?

Now, for our characters!

0Oy4VcV.pngcctRw9D.pngUh7sa6f.png

Mandrake is a seemingly ordinary bishop, albeit one with surprisingly high HP. I didn't use him in my first one, so I WILL be using him here. Hey, a dedicated light user could be important! I want to have one S-ranker of every weapon type by the end of this.

rFe6icV.pngdJ9MpTc.pnga3kF3fd.png

Ricky is...well, he's SUPPOSED to be a good character, I think. He seems like a Ross or a Nino type character, however, he has neither the extra 10 levels + promotion gains NOR the insane growths needed to make such a character work. He's a depressingly average character in a hack where everyone is amazing. I can tell you from experience, since I made the mistake in my first run: DON'T use him.

Bh9iv3Y.png

Flora breaks for the entirely unguarded bottom house. You basically need a peg to get there. WILL IT HAVE SOMETHING GOOD?

MM0LhtJ.png

On the enemy phase, literally everyone moves but the knights. It isn't annoying or anything, nope.

QBP469L.png

And again. SUCH GOOD DESIGN

qLks3pS.png

I realize Flora's inventory is full of important things, so I send her back.

olvEnKD.pngfll5REK.png

Wrong girl: And Ricky has a lot of it! He may be weak now, but he will be strong one day!

No, dangit! I JUST SAID he wasn't! Oh, forget it. For all I know Ricky might be a masterful troll on Blademaster's part.

MSsir2Q.png

Well, it's time to engage. Geitz's map really isn't good for this sort of thing. If the AI was programmed by default to set up defensive positions and try to pincer you, they could attack you from all sides as you progressed through the town, but nope, they all just jam themselves in the "shortest" route.

YKhoE4E.png

THE AWESOME POWER OF SUPPORTS

6B2MDqt.png

Mandrake gets his first kill. He might have trouble keeping up without supports...

Also, while I feel Blademaster actually did a good job with the Part 2 unit palletes(they look sorta cool), why does everyone have to be BLUE? Dark blue Lyn Lord, blue merc, blue-dyed pegasus, bandit with blue shorts, and now a blue monk! VARIETY!

7qLWXfj.png

We're having no problems. We should be able to win here.

to0oxlC.png

Suddenly, reinforcements! Because we didn't have enough enemies to jam into this tiny path!

gUyQuQB.png

SUPPORTS

tdEGD4R.png

Excellent jobman why can't anybody get strength

WDSMWKg.png

Hey guys, I found a job for Ricky: The ferry!

1vQIeoU.png

Double perfects! I can tell already, Star's gonna be good!

rj75NqG.png

JCUrlhA.png

Get all the skill you can, Craft.

FBU2rOn.png

Best lord.

Vq4zLJq.png

We killed all the physical units. Now, we need to cut through the clergy for a few turns!

61oJcua.png

More enemies!

O3ovsPN.png

Hurrah!

ULBmzBH.png

The opposite of hurrah!

ny591Jv.png

Mandrake gets his first level. Beginning to have second thoughts...

R40k8QW.pngfzDsqa8.png

As usual, the shop is pretty useless. I get an extra sword anyway.

gClANba.png

Murdering healers in an escape mission! Our heroes!

4ZEC2RM.png

At last, now Craft can kill those sword-users! That...don't really exist in this chapter anymore!

ztSocof.png

I leave some healers alive, for Mandrake to use as chip XP(he does 4 damage with a light tome), and they block the way, forcing the enemies to find creative ways around.

An5VtX1.png

Ugh, what a bad way to break a streak...

XOIjHa5.png

Do you think this should be more threatening?

NEXT TIME: More supports! Also, obscure stuff!

I guess you could say she's gonna be *shades*

A STAR!

that was terrible klok.

after all you could have said that she's gonna shine, she's as strong as a shooting star or defiantly something more creative. . .

looking forward to the inevitable crash of something later

come on mandrake don't fail now, prove that there's a point to a light magic base class. . .

Shit I think you've played too much FE7CM...

You just noticed this now?

Looks lik "mandrake" is also a fe8 prototype sprite.

Yeah, I was wondering...

I guess you could say she's gonna be *shades*

A STAR!

You did it again! I wish I'd thought of that!

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 12: Chapter 11: Part 2: Secrets, Supports, and... Card games?

LBVpp7A.png

This is IMMENSELY annoying...but I guess you could use this for grinding with chip XP.

dL6ma7b.png

MEANWHILE

mAHOXoa.png

Anna: Fine. Take it and go. It’s the only one you get. Now beat it!

3z5QBkB.png

Yup, the only way to get a member card is this random house with a whole lake separating it and the player! And yes, there ARE secret shops. In fact, this chapter had one in vanilla. Hmm...

yV82CxD.pngMiLUYiI.png

Crit girl: When that happens, you’ll need a critical! Take this Axe! And with it, critical like no other!

4WqA1CD.png

Another good thing for Craft!

jrH99X1.png

Donovan best magic user

Waitaminute

1V210kK.png

And yeah, there is a secret shop. WHAT COULD IT CONTAIN?

GOtkcJU.png

...Okay? We're not strapped for cash, so I grab one.

scmig6g.png

Much better! You still need speed, though...

P6urMGS.png

Last red house!

asBmEL4.png

Item dispenser: And with this robe, you can take better care of it! Yay!

kLvB9As.png

I like how Blademaster is at least trying to give us an opportunity to build a statbooster stockpile.

nBFyTpP.png

Star, please don't ignore the fundamentals! Speed is good, but you need attack!

xBvkZ1i.png

See, study Craft. That RES is maybe suffering a bit, but EXCELLENT form!

1JS0Lu9.png

Almost everyone is gone. All three of those generic knights move.

75afzyz.pngQuWjr59.pngbHuBKlU.png

Hey, that reminds me...

oUu8jft.png

Nope, it's unaltered.

6SDCXix.png

Time for AWESOMENESS

EZUDqjf.png

Star: Fire Emburem?

Uh...

Craft: The card game? Huh. I don’t know. She’s better than Donovan and me.

GdoPxIJ.png

Craft: Well, Sigurd and Wolf are pretty good cards too. And me and Donovan use both of those.

Star: Yeah, well I only have these stupid Fiona and Wendy cards. Can you give me some better cards?

This is the worst world building EVER!

Craft: Like Hector or Alan?

Star: Nah. Someone like…Stafy or Titania!

Craft: Ha! I wish I had those cards! I’ll try and get them for you though.

Star: Thanks Craft!

5ytYZDB.png

It should say "OP-ness increased".

CGN5k4S.png

Healer murder!

DC44OZg.pngJhO2OLe.png

This is terrible.

tnyy0kV.pngwGMzmr3.png

Sometimes, I feel Blademaster should have removed half the armories/shops and merged their inventories into the remaining one. The good news is, this the last map where we'll be dealing with this for quite a while.

BOnDlgN.png

Last house!

FpqOxUG.png5gediJr.png

Wow, what a good way to inform your player of a secret shop, a random out-of-the-way yellow house at the end of the level!

UCH3r9x.png

WHEN WILL WE GET A GOOD SELECTION

TyVhzzk.png

Let's just do more of this.

VSVRIkU.png

Craft: Yeah, she is. I should teach her how to play better.

Sandy: You really should. She always loses money.

Craft: She just isn’t a good risk taker. She’s pretty lucky though.

Sandy: You really like Star don’t you? Aren’t you like… six years older than her?

Craft: My dad was 14 years older than my mom. So, I’m doing pretty good at think.

Sandy: Wow…my mother was four years older than my father.

SJkcYeM.png

This conversation goes kinda well with the one we just did...but Poker and Fire Emburem apparently are the same thing.

KI2oHDb.pngzRq61ya.png

Star: Donovan, Ricky, or Craft?

Sandy: Easy. Donovan. Though Craft is fun too. Ricky is a nice kid to hang with, but I still like Donovan more.

Star: Oh. I like Craft the most of them. But you are a lot of fun too Sandy!

Sandy: Great! I like you alot too!

L6wCnFp.png

I'm not sure how to interpret Star's "I love everyone" shtick. However, those who have been keeping track will realize something.

OxqotZh.png

Maxed supports. Let's look at the stats, I'm sure you're all eager.

3p2ItgF.pngzn7f2WF.png

Now that we have the Mani Katti stats...

+73 hit

+5 attack

+47 crit

+62 avoid

And probably some defense and a bunch of crit evade too!

So, this makes me wonder...does FE break if you actually surpass 255 hit? Because 100 isn't the highest weapon hit goes, so it would probably be quite possible with Sandy!

IeBbli5.png

Luring!

NzSpc1H.png

Nope, the boss doesn't move.

ohAk2wn.png

Best lord

He never gets an empty level

It is literally impossible

pexi46C.pngvLPgMsa.png

The boss is no trouble, even without support powers.

EYTQQvi.pngocU0vlT.png

Excellent, keep up that speed!

kDT0ism.png

Star can use this. Remember, no weapon weight!

lpTTVgx.png

Sandy: I know…he was another one of my customers I really didn’t like.

Flora: Customers…?

Donovan: Don’t worry about it. Let’s keep going. The faster we leave, the better.

I'll bet this hack offends REAL prostitutes.

g4FoTB3.png7MroPFf.png

Next time: Yet another new map + SIX new units!

Actually it's +80 Hit (Luck only gives half hit in GBA, not full) but it's not like that matters when you're facing 20-something displayed from the most accurate enemy on the map.