Is it worthwhile to replay through Shadow Dragon before starting this?

Hey all, I'm gonna start playing this game after I'm done with Binding Blade and I was questioning myself wether or not to replay Shadow Dragon beforehand? I heard most chapters of Shadow Dragon were in Book 1 of New Mystery of the Emblem, however will I miss out if I don't replay the Shadow Dragon exclusive chapters? And if yes, is it possible to just skip Book 1 altogether? I'd rather replay Shadow Dragon with its extra chapters if I can just skip Book 1.

Basically, it's a remake of FE3 book 2 and you have to play Shadow Dragon if you want to play the SD things (or play the SNES version), though it's not necessary if you only care about playing FE12

Don't forget to forge a Lance called Sirius to kill the C20 boss on FE11 with it (you'll understand once you play New Mystery)

Edited by Gradivus.

Note that many characters in fe12 appear in shadow dragon's infamous gaiden chapters only, or the normal mode only prolog. so as long as you are playing to get the references, you might as well make it a gaiden chapter normal mode run so that you get all the references. It would be annoying to play through the entier game just to get all the backstory and then not get where several of the characters came from.

Edited by sirmola