SentryDown plays FE7if

SentryDown

3PAeq73.png

I think this has been done before, probably, but I'm going to have a go at it anyways.

Here's what's going on with this LP:

• This is a BLIND run. As in, I have never played this hack before, and anything I post is being done as is.
  • Savestates will be used. I've heard how imbalanced this hack is, I'm not risking some character I'm going to need for down the line.
  • I will NOT be providing translations. I only have a rudimentary ability to read kanji, especially when the Japanese used is most likely archaic (to fit with the medieval fantasy theme)
  • I will be doing my absolute best to provide information on major changes from vanilla FE7.
  • My personal comments will be in italics, unless it's important, then it will be in bold.
  • I'm probably going to be ripping off of TheMoniker's LP style. Please forgive me.

That should be about it. I'm not going to really try explaining what FE7if is, I'm sure you can simply just google that.

Onto the show!

[spoiler=Prologue - Literally the Prologue]

pxqwvIY.png

I have no idea what this says. As far as I can tell, it is the same as vanilla. All about the Scouring and what not.

3PAeq73.png

Title screen. I would have thought this to be pretty impressive, until I remembered that the CG used was already in the game. Still, it's nice.

ki1C2RQ.png

The main menu. Basically, the options are "Start New Game" and "Extra"

wjKx6VU.png

No idea what this says. Translation help would be appreciated.

h4MvXdi.png

???

HBoYwwq.png

Not much to say, chapter name has been untouched as far as I can tell.

Before we continue, I'd just like to say that the main menu/main theme of this hack so far took me far longer than it should have to realize what it was. It's the opening to Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Connect by ClariS.

RjSKBHm.png

My alternate name I use online is Oak, so that's what I've named myself here. Birthday in Feb, blah blah. You know the drill. Yes, my bloodtype is actually A.

Going to skip the intro text because it's something we all know already.

3jfS4gJ.png

First thing to note. This mook has 35 hp. That's 15 more than vanilla. Also, Lynn has more health too. Mook dies moments after this shot was taken.

QwJyrvf.pngSaOm85n.png

Things of note, Lynn's stats are higher than vanilla, including a +1 bonus to move. I have an odd feeling this is a trend we'll be seeing with a lot of characters. Also of note, the Iron Sword has 8 more uses, 1 more mt, and 5 less hit than vanilla. Is this a trend?

owihMAu.pngkn4nc7k.png

​Yes. Batta's stats are considerably higher than in vanilla, as well as the weapon being stronger and all sorts of other things. Doesn't really matter though since Batta is scripted to die by a crit. RIP Batta .

okzWxvz.png

Post chapter story, etc. etc. We all know the drill. What will happen next time, I wonder? (Spoiler: We meet Sain and Kent)

Growths

Lyn

HP - 75% (+5)

Str - 50% (+10)

Skl - 75% (+15)

Spd - 75% (+15)
Luk - 70% (+15)

Def - 25% (+5)

Res - 45% (+15)

Total - 415 (80)

Holy bejebus that is a massive power upgrade to our good lord. A +15 to Skl, Spd, Luk, and Res? Are you kidding me? Unless the enemies we're going to be facing are that much more powerful, I can't see why this is necessary. Just looking at this hurts and sets off warning signs that this game is going to be one where the endgame boss is going to have max stats with +30s in all of them.

Overall fairly boring start. Hopefully it'll start to pick up soon.

Tune in next time, for Ch. 1.

Edited by Tangerine

Ah, that one hack that everyone hates for only two reasons, which of course are imbalance and stolen mugs and maybe possibly music (but I kinda like it I guess it's not horrible just made by criminal scum or something). Good luck to you.

Ah, that one hack that everyone hates for only two reasons, which of course are imbalance and stolen mugs and maybe possibly music (but I kinda like it I guess it's not horrible just made by criminal scum or something). Good luck to you.

Terrible, awful gameplay, the fact it's a reskin with new characters shoehorned in (The majority of which are stolen), and he fact the creators don't give a shit.

Seem like pretty big reasons to me :/

Ew why would you do this to yourself

This hack is so bad...

FE7CM would be way better if you wanna play a reskin plus you're not giving more eyes to a hack made by thieves

Funny enough, I was actually trying to decide between doing an LP of this, or FE7CM. Only reason I didn't go for CM was because TheMoniker was already doing it.

Also I just landed in California for vacation, so I'll see if I can get Chapter 1 out sometime tonight.

Edited by SentryDown

Funny enough, I was actually trying to decide between doing an LP of this, or FE7CM. Only reason I didn't go for CM was because TheMoniker was already doing it.

Also I just landed in California for vacation, so I'll see if I can get Chapter 1 out sometime tonight.

Me and about 7 other people, it's good to see something different!

Good luck with this. I've beaten the hack 3 or 4 times on the normal modes and attempted a 5th playthrough for a let's play but I got burnt out fast. The hack is pretty shitty but for some reason it managed to draw me in and keep me around for quite some time.

Wow, already a few chapters in and I'm already getting bored of this hack because it just seems so bland, and the music is bad.

[spoiler=Ch1 Tutorial Edition]

There is literally no major difference between this chapter and the chapter in vanilla. Like, nothing major other than stat changes, which even then are negligible.

kcJdotm.pngrHxvQbr.png

Stats of our new compatriots. Not bad, Kent has more Con and higher Skl,/Spd so I think I'll be using him over Sain.

8QGFU3V.png

Stats for the Iron Lance. +3 uses, +1 Mt, +2 Wt

jq6Nloi.png

Of course, this chapter is all part of the tutorial, so we get to watch Sain get made fun of (and axed in the face.)

QulipII.png

Lynn slaying some bandits, blah blah.

PDeu5Fd.png

Here's the boss's stats. Not going to do a comparison for this guy because no one gives two damns about Brigand Leader #2. Also he's level 8 and has 43 HP.

O9s8IFH.png

(BANZAII!!!)

vWe8GBl.png

Promptly slain by Lynn after two rounds.

5OuwQ39.png

You go girl!

URofZYY.png

What the fuck will happen next time? Who knows?

Growths

Sain

HP - 80% (0)

Str - 60% (0)

Skl - 20% (-15)

Spd - 30% (-10)

Luk - 65% (+30)

Def - 25% (+5)

Res - 25% (+5)

Total - 305 (+15)

Pretty big change to the lovable green social knight. The nerfs to his speed and skill hurts a lot, and I don't think a big increase in luck is enough to justify that. His defences are still ok.

Kent

HP - 85% - (0)

Str - 40% - (0)

Skl - 45% - (-5)

Spd - 45% - (0)

Luk - 25% - (+5)

Def - 30% - (+5)

Res - 25% - (0)

Total - 295 (+5)

Kent remains relatively unchanged. I'll be using him over Sain, despite the lower total growths.

I have no fucking clue why this won't spoiler properly.

Edited by SentryDown

• 2 weeks later...