A Hero's Journey

Mufasa

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. Too much dialogue. You should add some more actual text.

Well most of the writing on this site is done script style. It's kinda of a bad thing.

Anyone know of a none script style story besides mine.

Well most of the writing on this site is done script style. It's kinda of a bad thing.

Anyone know of a none script style story besides mine.

History of Kiryn.

Freohr's Story.

I'd do it in a different style, but I like the script style myself.

I actually noticed the script syle thing. I used to use it in my writing, too, but that was around four years ago and I don't use it anymore 8D;

But holy pixie sticks Lyle ilu

Even though I was tied up the whole time

I actually noticed the script syle thing. I used to use it in my writing, too, but that was around four years ago and I don't use it anymore 8D;

But holy pixie sticks Lyle ilu

Even though I was tied up the whole time

ilu= I love you?

XD

If so, thank you. XD

I plan on giving you a fairly big part, so don't fret that you've been tied up at the moment. XD

New Episode: The Journey begins.

*Hexblade, still carrying Bizz on his shoulder and Zero continue to walk atop of a mountain in Kilvas. After a while Hexblade drops Bizz on the ground and sits.*

Bizz: Ooof!

Hexblade: Here’s good.

Bizz: If you have to keep me tied up can you at least be a little more gentle!?

Hexblade: What? Did I bounce you or something while we walked?

Bizz: ._____.

Zero: *Pants, out of breath.* At least you don’t have to walk Bizz. How do you move so fast with all that weight?

Hexblade: How can you move so slow?

Zero: <_<

Bizz: How much ground did we cover?

Hexblade: A decent amount. Kilvas isn’t too big a country. We’ll be at the shoreline in three days max. While we’re resting here, why not tell me a little about yourselves? Since we’ll be traveling together for a while.

Zero: How long is a while?

Hexblade: Longer then a week. Shorter then 50 years.

Zero: .______.

Bizz: I don’t really feel like talking. Maybe if you loosened these ropes.

Hexblade: Not yet. I don’t feel like it yet.

Bizz .________.

Zero: You’re not a very good employer.

Hexblade: You aren’t really my employees. More like my slaves. Be glad I don’t beat you.

Zero and Bizz: .______.

Hexblade: So. Getting back to where we were, why do you two travel together?

Zero: Well, we were raised in the same village. So we’re sorta childhood friends.

Hexblade: Ah. So you’re lovers.

*The two of them scream simultaneously.*

Zero: WHAT?!?!?

Bizz: ARE YOU FREAKING CRAZY?!?!?

Hexblade: .....A simple ‘No’ would have sufficed.

Zero: We were raised in the same village. Well. We grew up in the same village. Our parents were absent.

Hexblade: I see.

Bizz: What do you mean? He’s barely said anything yet.

Hexblade: It’s not like it isn’t a story that hasn’t been told. You two, and I’m guessing your sister Jen as well, lived on your own in your late childhood, barely making it through the day alive. Then your sister was kidnaped and the two of you have been training for the day that you would go to take her back, and then you failed when I came along. That about right?

Zero: .....

Bizz: ......

*The two of them sulk.*

Hexblade: *He grabs a canteen, lifts his maroon mask off his face and sips some water. He wipes his mouth and places his mask back down.* And don’t think you failed your mission just cause of me. The way you two fought, there was no way you’d be able to take on King Naesala.

Zero: *Still Sulking.* He’s not the king anymore....

Hexblade: Hm. I suppose that’s true. But I say he deserves to be called a King.

Bizz: Why? He wasn’t very noble with his actions.

Hexblade: *Crosses his arms.* I don’t expect two kids from the slums to understand what he did. Just know this. Someone with noble actions, may not always be the best King. Sometimes you have to do certain un-noble things to do what needs to be done.

Zero: Like kidnaping us?

Hexblade: More like invading a castle for your long lost sister.

Zero: .....

Hexblade: So, are your sword techniques self taught? *He uncrosses his arms and starts putting some twigs together.*

Zero: Yeah.

Bizz: We sparred with each other.

Hexblade: Well, you made it to Naesala and I, so you’re not hopeless, but learning to use a sword by waving it around won’t get you very far.

Zero: Why do you care?

Hexblade: If you’re going to travel with me, you better not be just a liability. I’m not gonna be babying you two the entire way.

Bizz: Hey! Don’t talk to us like we have no skill at all.

Hexblade: *He keeps his eyes focused on the twigs he’s assembling.* It’s hard to take that with much credibility when you’re currently tied up.

Bizz: <_< (I hate this guy already.....)

Zero: So? It’s not like we have money to get a professional trainer. You took us the way we are.

Hexblade: That’s very true. *He lights the tower of twigs on fire using a match.* And I’ll make sure you get the proper training.

Bizz: How? Who?

Hexblade: Isn’t it obvious?

Zero: You? Why should we trust you? How do we know you’re any good?

Hexblade: At the very least I’m better then you.

Bizz: Well what about you? You know about us? What about you? Tell us why you need us.

Hexblade: That sounds fair. *He spins around.* There’s a bounty on my head.

Zero: .......And?

Hexblade: You can’t fill in the pieces?

Bizz: Why would you need us to protect you? You’re clearly stronger.

Hexblade: Well, I have some things I need to get done and I may need one or more assistants.

Zero: .....Yet your tasks and life are important enough that you think King Naesala is going to help you?

Hexblade: .........You’re pretty perceptive. Alright, I’ll admit that’s not all, but as of right now that’s all you need to worry about. I’m not talking about that anymore.

Bizz: Okay, what about you. Who are you?

Hexblade: As I have said, I am the Hexblade of the Demonclaw syndicate. They are an organization of elite warriors and I am among the heads of the group. Hence the bounty.

Bizz: Where are you guys from? Crimea? Begnion?

Hexblade: We’re not from around here.

Zero: Then where?

Hexblade: Ever hear of the planes?

Bizz: You mean like fields?

Zero: Sounds like a lame location.

Hexblade: If that’s what you think then our conversation ends here.

Bizz: Huh?

Zero: What!?

Hexblade: *He leans back and rests his head on a rock.* I’m tired anyway. Goodnight.

Zero: Kay.

Hexblade: ........

*A few minutes pass and Zero inches over to Bizz.*

Zero: *Whispering.* I’m gonna cut you out of those ropes and then we’ll make a break for it.

Bizz: Is that really a good idea? I mean, this guy is a freak and all, but we’re going to the same place, and he seems strong. He could be helpful.

Zero: Even if he keeps you tied up the whole time?

Bizz: .....Good point. Let’s split.

Zero: *He starts to unsheathe his sword. Without warning a sword impales itself in a tree next to Bizz.* AH!!

Bizz: EEK!!!

Hexblade: *Standing up. One sword is missing from his six sheathes.* Please, I want to get some sleep. Don’t try to escape. It’s pretty futile.

Zero: H-h-h-how d-d-did you-?

Hexblade: By the time I’m done training you, you’ll be able to do that. There’s your reason to stay.

Zero: .....*He looks at Bizz.*

Bizz: *Looks at Zero and gives him a look saying ‘This guy is crazy’.*

Hexblade: For now, shut your eyes and go to sleep. If you don’t make anymore attempts to flee, I’ll unbind you in the morning Bizz.

Bizz: Er. Can’t you do it now?

Hexblade: Not 5 seconds after you tried to escape.

Bizz: Er.....

Zero: Damn.....<_<

Hexblade: *You can’t see it, but under his mask, he’s smiling.*

To Be Continued.

Next Episode: Two on Six

New Episode: Two on Six.

Bizz: *She slowly opens her eyes. She stretches and realizes that she’s no longer tied up.* Huh?

Hexblade: Good Morning. *He sits at the fire cooking something.*

Bizz: What happened to those ropes?

Hexblade: If you like I can tie you back up again.

Bizz: Er. No thanks. *She sits up and brushes the dirt off her pinkish swordmaster outfit.* What are you making.

Hexblade: Some kind of meat.

Bizz: *She looks over to see Zero still sleeping. His mouth agape and drool trickling out the side of his mouth.* Gross. What kind of meat?

Hexblade: Not sure really. King Naesala gave us some supplies and it’s from there. It looks like some kind of fish.

Bizz: ....Appetizing.

Hexblade: Better then nothing.

Bizz: Not if it’s infected.

Hexblade: I’m sure it’s fine. Naesala isn’t the kind of person who’d do something so dastardly as to give us.....I’m sure it’s fine.

Bizz: <_< Mind if I ask you something?

Hexblade: Depends on the question.

Bizz: Why do you have six blades?

Hexblade: Heh. You’ll find out once Zero wakes up.

Bizz: .....Why?

Hexblade: Because we’re going to start your training today.

Bizz: Don’t we have ground to cover?

Hexblade: We have time to train for about an hour. Then we’ll start moving. *He hands her a plate of food.* Here. Breakfast.

Bizz: *Looks at the meat on her plate.* ......Looks great.....

Hexblade: *He lifts his mask and chews on a strip of meat.*

Bizz: .....What about Zero?

Hexblade: He sleeps in this late he doesn’t get any.

Bizz: <_< *She looks to Zero and starts trying to wake him up.*

Zero: *He grumbles as he rolls over.*

Bizz: Wake up idiot. *She hits him.*

Zero: Ow! What the hell!?

Bizz: *She offers him her plate of food.* Breakfast.

Zero: Oh. Er. Thanks. *He takes a strip of meat and starts eating it.*

Hexblade: *He hands Zero another plate of food. * Guess what kid?

Zero: *Rubs his eyes and takes the plate of food.* What? *He yawns.*

Hexblade: We start training after breakfast.

Zero: Shouldn’t we train when we get to the next campsite? So we’re not tired as we’re walking?

Hexblade: That would make more sense. But no. It gives you a better incentive to get better if you are tired for a longer period of time. Now eat up.

Zero: Kay....

Bizz: ....*She continues to eat from her plate.*

*A few minutes pass and they all finish their meal. Hexblade who is the last to finish, tosses his plate in the air and stands up.*

Hexblade: Now, if you’re both ready, *He catches the plate and tosses it in a supply bag.* let’s get started.

Zero: Where did that bag come from?

Hexblade: *Completely ignores Zero’s question.* Now, first thing’s first. Draw your weapons.

Bizz: Er. Is it really safe to be using actual weapons in training?

Hexblade: No. But your enemies won’t be using twigs. And neither will I.

Zero: *He draws his broadsword.*

Bizz: *She draws her sword.* So which one of your swords are you using?

Hexblade: All of them of course. *He draws all six of his blades and tosses them in the air. The all land at separate times, but they all land blade first.*

Bizz: O_O Now I KNOW that’s dangerous.

Hexblade: You will both be fighting me at once. *He grabs two blades with his hands respectively.* Attack when you’re ready.

Zero: Uh....you sure you can take two people at a time?

Hexblade: Are you kidding? Numbers don’t matter. It’s the altogether skill of the number of fighters. Now let’s go.

*Bizz and Zero exchange looks. Then the both charge. Hexblade blocks their blades and knocks them both back.*

Hexblade: If you’re not going to take this seriously, I’ll just hack off your limbs and be done with it.

*Bizz and Zero look at each other stunned.*

Zero: Sorry, it’s just....weird.

Bizz: Yeah....I mean, we don’t want to kill you really.....

Hexblade: If you’re training for a battle to the death, training like it’s not that kind of battle isn’t training at all.

Zero: Woah woah woah! *He gets up.* Who said anything about battling people to the death!?

Hexblade: Who said that there weren’t going to be those battles?

Zero: You can’t force us to fight for you and risk our lives! No way!

Hexblade: ....Can’t I?

Bizz: .....

Zero: No!

Hexblade: Hm. Well then you’re no use to me. *He charges Zero and swings a blade down.*

Zero: !!! *He blocks the blade with his.* You psycho!!!

Hexblade: Oh calm yourself. If I really wanted to kill you, you’d be dead by now.

Zero: Huh!?

Hexblade: *He waves his spare hand which is still clutching another sword.* It’s not like I’m sending you two to your deaths. Otherwise I wouldn’t bother training you. I’d find some other poor saps to help me.

Zero: <_< ‘Poor saps’?

Hexblade: Now. Try again. Like you mean it.

Zero: ....*He readies his weapon.* Bizz?

Bizz: *She gets up, brushes herself off, and clenches her blade.* Ready?

Zero: On three. One, two, THREE!!

*The two of them charge Hexblade.*

Hexblade: Now we’re talking. *He dodges their attacks and clashes his swords with theirs.*

Bizz: Wow. He’s fast.

Hexblade: I managed to carry you up the mountain at a decent speed. I should be fast enough to dodge a blow.

Zero: Nuff talk! *They continue their battle. Bizz attacks Hexblade’s left, while Zero attacks his right. Hexblade manages to block each attack.*

Hexblade: Hm. Not too bad kids. But now I’m gonna go on the offensive. *Suddenly the tone of the battle changes. It seems more like Bizz and Zero are trying desperately to avoid getting killed.*

Zero: Um? *He barely blocks another blow.*

Bizz: Rgh.....

Hexblade: What’s wrong? Tired? *He draws his blade to Zero’s throat.* Got you.

Zero: Ngh.

Bizz: *She draws her blade to Hexblade’s back.* I’ve got you.

Hexblade: *He turns his head. Bizz is grinning.* Oh really? *The four swords that were left in the ground start to shake. They lift off out of the ground and point themselves at Bizz.* This is why I am called the ‘Hexblade’. I can use all six of my swords by using my aura to move them.

Bizz: *She stares worriedly at the four floating swords that are pointed directly at her.*

Zero: Wh-what do you mean your ‘aura’?

Hexblade: That....*The four swords retreat and sheath themselves in their respective sheaths on Hexblade.* will be a lesson for another day. *He sheathes his other blades.* For now. It’s time to get moving. Come on kids. Time to get moving.

*Zero and Bizz exchange another look. Clearly both of them are worried for their lives.*

Hexblade: It’ll be hard to cover any ground if you two just sit there. Come on.

Zero: ....This guy is gonna get us killed.....*He starts walking after Hexblade.*

Bizz: *Her heart is beating rapidly.* Y-yeah.....

*From up in the trees a man with a crossbow watches them. He loads his crossbow.*

Odion: ‘Kill the Hexblade and make a fortune.’ Sounds pretty simple.

To Be Continued

Next Episode: Hunt.

Omg. That "Bizz" character is totally amazing. I love her. *Offers her Ramen in worship*

And great start so far, Lyle! Hexblade is as amusing as ever. XD

Lol. Bizz is based on a character in the forest. I took a few liberties of course.

Thanks for reading Song. Your input is always appreciated. XD

Lol. Bizz is based on a character in the forest. I took a few liberties of course.

Thanks for reading Song. Your input is always appreciated. XD

LOL! That comment was actually based on the fact that I know Bizz quite well and talk to her regularly. That, and that she has a ramen obsession. ;D And a swordmaster one

And it's no problem. XD I just hope I'll be able to get on often enough to read and comment it regularly. ;_;

LOL! That comment was actually based on the fact that I know Bizz quite well and talk to her regularly. That, and that she has a ramen obsession. ;D And a swordmaster one

And it's no problem. XD I just hope I'll be able to get on often enough to read and comment it regularly. ;_;

Lol. I'll keep that in mind.

Do I have Bizz's character down well?

And I probably won't update this as much as I do my other stories. Or did.

Lol. Kratos rocks dude.

XD

Kratos can suffer the worst rape possible then get acid poured into his eyes and burn in hell after being forced to watch the chihuahua movie ten times straight

Kratos can suffer the worst rape possible then get acid poured into his eyes and burn in hell after being forced to watch the chihuahua movie ten times straight

That's just sick......

I wouldn't wish that upon any person.....

Just rape him and pour acid on his eyes. That Chihuaua thing is just.....too much.