Which girl to marry in FEA?

Kuru

I started another playthrough and wish to know which is the best wife for the Avatar. I just want to have a strong child, the strongest available. During my other playthroughs I had the Avatar marry Nowi, and Manakete Morgan wasn't that bad at all, but if there is a better partner in order for the child to be stronger, which one?

Ohh man with this kind of thread I can only guess the results you're gonna get. GO WAIFU WARS

It kind of depends on the difficulty you're playing on. If you're super into the game and/or are playing on the higher difficulties, tell me, but if you're just playing for fun/on a low difficulty, then just marry whoever you like.

Lucina's the best wife (doesn't matter which one, though I prefer Sumia!Lucina, the main point is that Morgan will get Aether), and I'd argue that Yarne's the best husband, simply for the excellent all-around stats.

Edited by Alastor15243

In-game no-grind Nowi is pretty good for MaMU. You won't find any Morgans who are outright better, but there are a lot who are about as strong.

If you are grinding, Maribelle!Lucina. Lucina is supposedly pretty great in no-grind too as long as you save the non-Donnel Paralogues so that the S-rank doesn't come late.

Maribelle!Lucina is probably not who you would go with for no-grind though--Lucina (and presumably her Morgan) makes an amazing magic unit at maxed stats, but until then she would rather be physical, and Maribelle is not helping her there. Probably Sumia for no-grind.

Sumia!Lucina is faster than Maribelle!Lucina but has less Magic (at maxed stats). Sumia's daughter Cynthia would love to be fathered by Chrom, if that has any effect on your decision.

If you're on Lunatic+, several girls who would otherwise be good become bad choices, like Sully and Nowi.

Edited by isetrh

Thanks, guys/gals. I really appreciate that you take the time to reply. I am on Hard mode. I've tried Lunatic before but gave up on it after I realized that it was just a time-waster and luck-based related to get results and finish the game. Hard mode is alright for now. I've finished the game several times in hard mode, but never really paid much attention when it came to considering which partners were the best choice, heck I didn't even partner up much back then. Now, though, I want to go with the best wife I can get. I contemplated Lucina being the one, as well as Nowi, just because of the Manakete I can get. See, I love Manaketes, and during my other playthroughs, I think I had around four in my team: Nowi, Tiki, Nah, and Morgan. That was overkill for the enemy, poor them. lol But I want to try something else other than Manaketes.

So, I think Lucina in the end because of Aether, would be my choice? (Also, Out of topic, but I considered re-classing the Avatar to something else, like a Wyvern Rider. Will this affect his growth in certain stats? And, can I revert back to Strategist later?)

It slightly depends on how much you're going to grind. If you mainly care about Morgan performing well during the main game, Sumia, Nowi and Cordelia are your best bets, depending on your asset/flaw- all of them work very well fighting with Avatar, while Sumia/Cordelia gives a lot of Spd/Skl and Nowi gives a lot of Def.

If you're going to keep doing stuff after the Endgame, a 3rd gen Morgan will be more powerful in the end, at the cost of coming much later with lower growths. Overall, Sumia!Lucina > Chrom!Cynthia > Lon'qu!Severa > Virion!Severa/Gaius!Kjelle > Vaike!Severa. I wouldn't recommend marrying anyone outside of that pool if you want a really strong Morgan, though other Lucinas can be good too. Lucina and Cynthia's Morgans should be either +Spd, Skl or Mag, Severa and Kjelle's Morgans should be +Str. Don't pick Spd as a flaw ever.

Depends on what your trying to do and how early you want your Morgan. Personally I'd go for a 3rd Gen Morgan with Lucina since you get her relatively early (Ch 13 I think). This will give Morgan Aether and if your Morgan is male (avatar female) he will also get Rightful King which is useful.

Edited by TacoMan42

Depends on what your trying to do and how early you want your Morgan. Personally I'd go for a 3rd Gen Morgan with Lucina since you get her relatively early (Ch 13 I think). This will give Morgan Aether and if your Morgan is male he will also get Rightful King which is useful.

Um male avatars produce female Morgan.

Aaaaaaand faith in humanity lost.

Anybody but Tharja/Lucina is fine

Also, Libra is best girl

Don't forget marrying aversa/tharja is a crime against humanity and manakete kind.

If you like a strong manakete Morgan you could marry tiki as shes a great character and isn't a loli like nowi :)

Unfortunately Tiki's very close to the worst possible mother for Morgan, and in terms of the three manaketes, she's definitely the worst of those at least.

I actually had the same question. I'm starting a Lunatic run and I'm planning on my final class to be a War Monk with Limit Breaker. Who would be the best mother for female Morgan without too many negative growths and modifiers?

Unfortunately Tiki's very close to the worst possible mother for Morgan, and in terms of the three manaketes, she's definitely the worst of those at least.

But if you marry Nowi, you're going to jail

If you marry Nah, you're weird for marrying one of your close friends' daughter

And I don't even Tiki x MaMU a possible pairing

The answer is: NEVER MARRY A MANAKETE

But if you marry Nowi, you're going to jail

If you marry Nah, you're weird for marrying one of your close friends' daughter

And I don't even Tiki x MaMU a possible pairing

The answer is: NEVER MARRY A MANAKETE

Wrong, Maybe, and Wrong. Nowi's well beyond the age of consent, and if she isn't, the same thing would apply to Nah, who is much younger (though still not a child), and Tiki x MaMU is a possible pairing. The avatar can marry ANYBODY of the opposite gender.

From what I've seen, a Sumia!Lucina!Morgan is considered the best Morgan in the game. However, this comes at the cost of the Avatar not having a second child.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50838 for reference.

Aaaaaaand faith in humanity lost.

Anybody but Tharja/Lucina is fine

Also, Libra is best girl

Are we talking mechanics or character opinions here?

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

Wrong, Maybe, and Wrong. Nowi's well beyond the age of consent, and if she isn't, the same thing would apply to Nah, who is much younger (though still not a child), and Tiki x MaMU is a possible pairing. The avatar can marry ANYBODY of the opposite gender.

Sigh

Love and sexual relations are OK if both parties are a) Mature enough to understand sexual relations b) Old enough physically to produce an offspring

This is why fornicating with Emmeryn would be considered wrong

As for Tiki, what I meant is that their supports are totally incoherent, at least to me.

I mean, she decided not to show her love to the charming prince that saved her from mind-control and an eternal jail because she knew he would die one day, before her, and she did not want both of them to be sad.

And now you're telling me she fell in love with someone she've known for barely 6 month maximum while that man did not save her or meet her in a special way? Despite knowing that he's gonna die before you as Marth did?

Plus seriously, he has a god damn Brand of Grima that is glowing in purple dark magic, get a hint already.

Plus Avatar and Marth are totally different, that's just another lack of work from IntSys, Chrom ressembles Marth way more.

For Nah, her body at least seems older than the one of a 10 years old human. And iirc all children are around their twenties. But oh well IntSys suck at explaining things to make them coherent ~

Edit: Internet issue made me double post, sorry for this

From what I've seen, a Sumia!Lucina!Morgan is considered the best Morgan in the game. However, this comes at the cost of having the Avatar father a second child.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50838 for reference.

Are we talking mechanics or character opinions here?

Character opinion for me :3

MODEDIT: oh okay i see how this thread went

Edited by Integrity

From what I've seen, a Sumia!Lucina!Morgan is considered the best Morgan in the game. However, this comes at the cost of having the Avatar father a second child.

Yeah, the consensus is "Aether!Morgan > Male!Morgan > Female!Morgan

Love and sexual relations are OK if both parties are a) Mature enough to understand sexual relations b) Old enough physically to produce an offspring

This... is not the place for this kind of argument honestly, suffice to say that I personally consider that second point to be unnecessary because the first covers it, and if we are to continue this conversation it should be via PM.

MODEDIT: don't doublepost but i'm not going to warn you because i like your sentiment

Edited by Integrity