Jump to content
Furyhaven

Animation Question Once Again

Recommended Posts

So today I decided to start working on a rom again since the thrill of playing SSBU for 12 hours daily has slowly subsided, and an age old question once again popped into my head. I would really like to use the animations from FEif, and I would like to know if anyone knows anything yet about ripping the animations from that rom, or if anyone has any of them already ripped.

I saw here that someone did in fact get one of the animations into an english game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Y69cGm4ac

I know it's possible to do it the "Hard Way" but I was curious if someone figured out how to export the compiled animations or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very cool l was always thinking someone should rip the animations from fe7if it looks like in the video it works fine the only problem is it kills the music

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking the reason it kills the music is because it may call a custom sfx file that's normally not located in a vanilla FE rom.

Sadly the guy who posted the video didn't give much information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have done it a long time ago, but FEditor doesn't support japanese roms natively. I'd have to find the animation data and point to it.

I did manually screenshot rip most of the good animations frame by frame though.

7743bc42b00447f54055fa003ee8212b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have done it a long time ago, but FEditor doesn't support japanese roms natively. I'd have to find the animation data and point to it.

I did manually screenshot rip most of the good animations frame by frame though.

If you get them to me in that format, I can put them together for use very quickly. (I love GraphicsGale).

I'd still have to script them, though. (Easy enough.)

Edited by Siuloir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh you can? The only reason I've never posted them is because I wanted to clean the enemies and battle frames off first, and I didn't think it was appropriate, even given the Japanese disrespect and theft from our community, for us to steal from them.

But if you wanna do it, go ahead. I'm kinda lazy. Get it here!

http://puu.sh/dDPRn/d0c223849a.7z

Edit: Oh, I forgot, Lenh actually ripped the frames and fixed them herself, or maybe it was L95... been over a year... so yeah, the complete images are there if you want to use those too.

84a25ab29e.png

Edited by Klokinator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was more intellectual curiosity - 95% of their animations are just simple sprite-overs of existing animations, and the other 5% are stolen from Yeti.

Edited by Siuloir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...