EIMM - Buddy Cop Edition [Game Over] - THIS WAS NOT A GAME

euklyd

Gauging interest  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for this sort of game?

On 12/17/2014 at 12:51 AM, Prims said:

somebody should host a christmas eimm if we're gonna wait a while for boron's game

So back in the summer I said some things about idly considering a gimmick for some hypothetical future EIMM.

This gimmick being "wouldn't it be nice if everyone had someone they could trust; that's the best part of EIMM anyways right"

(that's a lie - the best part is shooting people)

Since then I've been idly kicking around ideas in my head, as well as kicking them against Refa.

So now, we present to you,

Everyone has a Buddy Cop Mafia

EDIT: For you people on mobile browsers, Buddy Cops investigate people with their guns.

It's pretty simple; it's EIMM with 2-man scumteams. This would be an anonymous (alias) game, since those are objectively the best anyways.

Not sure what sort of flavor to go with, if any; I'll probably throw together something holiday flavored since the FSN stuff I had on my drawing board isn't exactly, y'know, holiday. (While Nasu could probably bullshit it some holiday FSN flavor, I don't really feel like doing so.)

Balance isn't guaranteed, although I will of course try my best.

tl;dr rules

Everyone has a buddy, an alias, a character / role, a BPV, and of course a factional kill.

Outside contact is a thing.

Night actions/results make sense.

Don't be a dick.

More complete but still Preliminary Rules / Mechanics, stolen and modified from Paperblade

General:

No deadtalking, no screenshotting. Please.

- Edit posts at your own risk. I won't punish you for it, but other players might.

Posting in thread and communicating via Outside Contact is fine, just don't spam the thread.

- Invite me to SF PMs, invite me to Skype chats if you can (or just PM me Skype logs), PM me IRC logs.

- Don't invite people to PMs if they weren't originally a party to them, unless they are a host or co-host.

- Talk to dead people / non-players at your own risk.

No being a jerk, beyond what is normal for EIMMs. That being said, play to win.

N1 is 48 hours. N2 and onward are 24 hours.

Once I receive all actions, and publicly declare it, actions are considered locked and phase ends.

Basic Mechanics:

Everyone will have one Bullet Proof Vest (BPV) to start. All users have a base factional kill (one per user). You will be notified if your BPV has been hit. A BPV will only protect against one hit. If you are targeted by more killing actions than vests that you have during a night, you will still die.

- If you fail to submit an action during the night without prior warning, you also risk death.

This game uses aliases.

Every player is on the player list.

You win if any of the last two players alive is of your faction.

If your Role PM contradicts these rules, go with your Role PM.

New Rules / Mechanics:

All players will have at least one scumbuddy; your scumbuddy will be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow, you can trust your scumbuddy as long as you both shall live, etc. There is not any benefit in dicking over your partner.

- Role PMs will not contradict this rule.

- You can't shoot your scumbuddy, nor can you be redirected to shooting your own scumbuddy.

Flavorspec may or may not help; don't hurt your head overthinking things :):

You can't target yourself.

You can target the dead, but I can't guarantee that will do anything.

You will be notified if your action fails or is redirected. You will not be notified if your kill was Doc'd or otherwise similarly blocked.

Everything happens for a reason; randomness is lame and boring.

I can guarantee this game won't have Jesters. (I can also guarantee it will not have lynches. Probably.)

Signing Up [signups are closed]:

Post in the thread.

PM me an alias.

If you have Skype, you are strongly encouraged to add me; my Skype username is the same as my name on SF.

You are also strongly encouraged to get on IRC to talk to more people; you can read my post here to learn how.

EIMM is a lot more fun when you're talking to people.

Keep in mind that if you are in this game, you will have a teammate depending on you; if you don't really want to be talking to a teammate I can try make that work out, but please inform me of such when you sign up.

EDIT: actually if you want to just tell me how closely you'd want to be working with a teammate in general that might be nice. who knows?

If you really need to, tell me the name of a single user you do not want to be teamed up with.

stuff no longer relevant:

If you have comments or suggestions or whatever, speak up. I don't even know how this gimmick would be received by everyone, so feedback before we begin would be a good thing.

Things I would like feedback on:

- Flavor?

- Rigging teams?

- Last two factions win, or last one faction wins?

- "Euklyd this idea sucks give us a normal game"

Also, if you're interested, speak up / indicate so in the poll. PM me an alias etc, even. also a character if you feel like it

also if you have ideas for holiday flavor send 'em to me

you never know :V

Living Players: 3

FFM

Proto

Xinnidy

Living Aliases:

ArsArRagna

Kagari

Kanti

THE DEAD

dead players:

Blitz

Kinumi

Kirsche

Koneko

Mancer

Bluedoom

Juliette

Junk

Makaze

PKLucas

Poly

Prims

Weapons

#HBC J

Elieson

Radiant Dragon

Reinfleche

Eurykins

Paperblade

Ciraxis

Kay

Nightmarre

SB

N1 dead are:

gay, Mafia Delayed Hijacker, was stopped from preaching the ways of SF Mafia by cis-het scum.

- Suzy Snowflake (Christmas carol)

Grace, Mafia Shot Predictor, wasn't given any grace period himself after his previous acts of magnificent bastardry.

- Minato Namikaze (Naruto)

Mimi, Mafia Co-driver, couldn't live without her hat (or her BPV).

- "All I Want For Christmas Is You" (Mariah Carey)

Mistletoe, Mafia Jailor, wasn't immune to the kiss of death.

- Freddy Fazbear (Five Nights at Freddy's)

Semira, Mafia Gunsmith/Fabricator, was too obscure of a reference and faded into oblivion.

- Krampus (traditional)

Snapple, Mafia Roleblocker, went crack, snapple, pop.

- Abomasnow (Pokemon)

N2 dead are:

Going my way, Mafia Jack Frost of all Trades, couldn't handle the heat.

- Jack Frost (SMT)

I Am Prims Also Aliases In EIMM Is Fucking Stupid, Mafia BPV Breaker/Restorer, could have chosen a better alias.

- Blizzeta (Legend of Zelda)

I'm ten years old, Mafia Doctor, clearly wasn't old enough to put his life on the line.

- Larry Butz (Ace Attorney)

J. Esus, Mafia Martyr, died for our sins. AGAIN. Rude.

- Jesus

Lolis Drunk on Egg Nog, Mafia Loverizer, had a bit too much to drink.

- Daken (Marvel)

Locke, Mafia Thief, was sooo 17th Century.

- Miria Harvent (Baccano!)

Pisces, Mafia Motivator, was banned from use in Apex 2015 and faded into obscurity.

- Sheik (Legend of Zelda)

Water, Mafia Delayed Strongman, is all washed up.

- Tohno Shiki (Tsukihime)

N3 dead are:

Impact, Mafia Murderer, wishes she were in Smash Bros needs a new eye was too hard to write flavor for.

- Juri (Super Street Fighter IV)

Kinori Shinotobi, Mafia Gravedigger, clearly isn't ready for Professional Smash Bros.

- The Villager (Animal Crossing)

Plank, Mafia Hider, wasn't able hide from the grim reaper himself.

- Plank (Ed, Edd n Eddy)

Rufus, Mafia Action PGO, couldn't get her robot to protect her from the real threats.

- Gaige (Borderlands 2)

N4 dead are:

Pikmin, Mafia Watchervoyeur, didn't make it back to her onion before night fell.

- Ema Skye (Ace Attorney)

Raven, Mafia Merger, was finally shipped off to the Near Death Star.

- Professor Farnsworth (Futurama)

N5 dead are:

Blitzen, Mafia Role Thief, was shot up by Santa Claus himself.

- Blitzen (Traditional)

Elf on the shelf, Mafia BPV Maker, couldn't overcome Archie's type advantage.

- Maxie (Pokemon (Omega) Ruby and (Alpha) Sapphire)

Lighthouse, Mafia Fullcop, was subjected to Human★Disqualification, and died from complications of being a dirty hobo.

- Byakuya Togami (Danganronpa)

Merkabah, Mafia Roleswapper, wishes the protagonist picked Law.

- Metatron (SMT)

Phase End for N6 is Wednesday, Dec. 31st, at 00:00 PST, or the moment I get all actions in, whichever is earlier.

Three players remain; this is the final night.

Edited by Euklyd
iris is a big bulli

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JUST a suggestion - if you want to do this fully anonymously, then have everyone sign up via PM. :P:

Every player is on the player list.

OC with an anonymous playerlist sounds super awkward; this is how we've done the last few.

Are there any objections to me announcing the playerlist (not aliases) as people sign up? I don't really see a reason not to.

I figure Anon games + having the player list open = if people chose to do so, they can go down the list and be like, "Welp, this person seems like X, so by logic/process of elimination, Y and Z must be these people.", so it's kinda counter-productive to have the player list of the participants open, imo. But do what works for the game/setup and just have fun with it. =P

i hate to break this to you but it matters not since you OC through your screenname and not you're alias. the alias list is the list of people to target

edit: there are only 14 anonymous accounts anyway and these games can get huge. figure from there

Edited by Curly Brace

so the first couple people to say /in also asked about cyor / provided a character
it must be fate

If you wish, PM me a character as well, preferably at least tangentially holiday-related. Otherwise I'll choose something relatively generic for you.

imo:

-pick your teammate, so people don't get partnered with dudes they don't know

-everyone aligned with players in the final 2 should win

/in anyway

Edited by SB.

I'd add the definition of your witty Buddy Cop thing to the OP somewhere, rather than having it be a mouseover.

Mobile view can't pull that up unless the user breaks into the post for BBcode and sees it, which is a pretty huge waste of time. I genuinely thought it meant something until i checked it out from my PC, and you know how often I do that

Edited by Sara.

you should totally sign up RD, lol

anyways, I can't believeyou also thought of a buddy system eimm with fsn, Euklyd (I was thinking of a 30man eimm with hp system, lol using fsn with heavy flavor references, lol)

also, totally signing in

/in

I'll win one of these yet

just need to get culted

i've won one and nearly won a second except fuck kill priorities

and this was back when it was last man standing only.

Edited by SB.

Dunno if I'll in, but last 2 teams and allow people to pick teams imo would be best. Also reveal the playerlist.

you should totally /in

@SB, yeah, that was the game where I won too, lol, but I get more credit for winning withouut being culted

@Poly talk to people to win and PM me if you want some strategic advice to win (the stragteies are pretty nice and they will work most of the time, lol)