• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eternal Sword (Tales of Phantasia) It enables time travel, so I'm a bit surprised to not see it here yet.

Dymlos (Tales of Destiny)

Langrisser (Langrisser series)

Alhazard (Langrisser series)

Beam sabers in general (not to be confused with light saber)

Eternal Sword (Tales of Phantasia) It enables time travel, so I'm a bit surprised to not see it here yet.

Dymlos (Tales of Destiny)

Langrisser (Langrisser series)

Alhazard (Langrisser series)

Beam sabers in general (not to be confused with light saber)

Actually, I would've mentioned it as well.

Speaking of which... I'm adding:

Eternal Sword (Tales of Symphonia/Phantasia/Eternia) (It's more of a plot point in the former, and an actual weapon in the latter two games)

Last Fencer (Tales series)

Excalibur (See above; other games have it, but I cbf to think of those now)

Enserric from Neverwinter Nights.

Man, I really need to actually get through the campaigns of Neverwinter Nights at some point.

All I've heard is that particularly one is pretty boss and from HotU I believe?

Edit: I always liked the uniques from Diablo II such as the "Lightsabre" Phase Blade and the "Flamebellow Balrog Blade". Their models looked cool.

Edited by Tryhard

I have to agree w/ people saying the Monado, it's probably the coolest sword I can think of in terms of what it allows you to do gameplay-wise.

Well said, Riki. Out of all of the swords in gaming that are called divine or legendary, I feel that the Monado deserves it the most in my honest opinion.

Edited by Rxmonste

Man, I really need to actually get through the campaigns of Neverwinter Nights at some point.

All I've heard is that particularly one is pretty boss and from HotU I believe?

Edit: I always liked the uniques from Diablo II such as the "Lightsabre" Phase Blade and the "Flamebellow Balrog Blade". Their models looked cool.

Yeah, you get Enserric early on in Hordes of the Underdark and he's good enough to last the whole game. HotU is the best campaign in general since there's no 'it is earlygame and you attack once every six seconds and hit 40% of the time and die in two hits' phase. Also for a variety of other reasons, but.

Enserric's deal involves trash-talking your opponents and it's sort of great.

I only played a tiny bit of Neverwinter Nights, but is Waterdeep in it? I'm asking because Lords of Waterdeep is a great board game.

You start there in Hordes of the Underdark, I think?

The Galatine in Warframe seems pretty cool. Asala and Vigilance in Dragon Age, too. Also have a bit of a soft spot for the generic scimitar in Dark Souls.

Edited by algae

hm..if anything, a lot of my favorite swords come from Muramasa: The Demon Blade, specifically Shusui Muramasa and Muhyo Muramasa.

The only sword outside of that game series would have to be the Killing Edge from FE though /w/

Mother of god I have sooooooo many!

The Monado - Xenoblade Chronicles

Masamune - Final Fantasy VII

Ultima Weapon - Final Fantasy series

Yamato - Devil May Cry 3

Tyrfing - Fire Emblem 4

Lionheart - Final Fantasy VIII

Caladbolg - Final Fantasy X

Eternal Sword - Tales of Phantasia

Z Saber - Megaman X

Durandal - Final Fantasy XII and Fire Emblem 7

Yukianesa - Blazblue Series

Mutsunokami - Final Fantasy series

Dreamseeker - The incredibly fucking broken ultimate weapon for Chrono in Chrono Trigger DS

Master Sword is totes overrated.

I only played a tiny bit of Neverwinter Nights, but is Waterdeep in it? I'm asking because Lords of Waterdeep is a great board game.

The original campaign had you collecting the four parts of the Waterdhavian creatures at the start, obviously they are from Waterdeep, but like algae said you don't actually ever go there until the start of HotU.

Basing from how cool they look, and how awesome of damage they deal.

Great Owl Sword- Dark Cloud

Erdrick's Sword- Dragon Quest Series

King Sword- Fire Emblem Thracia 776

Asura- SaGa Frontier

Golden Sword- Legend of Zelda Link to the Past

The Master's Sword- Actraiser (it sings while it works!)

Citan's Katanas- Xenogears

Flame Sword- Ys I

Fou-Lu's Swords- Breath of Fire IV

Imperial Class's Swords- Etrian Odyssey IV

The original campaign had you collecting the four parts of the Waterdhavian creatures at the start, obviously they are from Waterdeep, but like algae said you don't actually ever go there until the start of HotU.

I thought you started in Waterdeep in the original? A... plague-ridden, tortured Waterdeep. Or is it another city entirely?

Edited by Parrhesia

I thought you started in Waterdeep in the original? A... plague-ridden, tortured Waterdeep. Or is it another city entirely?

It took place in Neverwinter, I'm pretty sure. I think Waterdeep is a completely different city. Pretty sure even Chapter 2 has you going north to Port Llast which is nearer Luskan.

i.e: FWZfzlx.jpg

Mind you, I know very little about Forgotten Realms.

Edited by Tryhard