Having a Hard Time Finding Amiibos?

Sentacotus

Having a hard time finding your favorite amiibo? Here's a site I found that updates by the minute on what is in stock and where. It can save time looking at several sites hunting down your favorites and you can even set it to alert you when they come in stock so that you can get it before it runs out. Hope this helps you guys.

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/games/amiibo/

EDIT: If you have any other tools or sites to help find amiibos that might help others here feel free to post them.

Edited by TacoMan42

Ooh, this could be useful if my Ike preorder at GameStop gets canceled. Of course, I'll also keep keeping an eye on our stock at my work. The retailer I work for isn't listed in this link, so yeah. But that's probably because only employees, military, and military dependents can shop there.

Still, anything to get my hands on my favorite hero!

Looks like I'll be paying Toy's R Us a visit come Boxing Day.

Thanks for that, by the way.

No problem hope you can find the amiibos your looking for.

Ooh, this could be useful if my Ike preorder at GameStop gets canceled. Of course, I'll also keep keeping an eye on our stock at my work. The retailer I work for isn't listed in this link, so yeah. But that's probably because only employees, military, and military dependents can shop there.

Still, anything to get my hands on my favorite hero!

Yeah AAFES and PX stores wouldn't be listed it only lists general retailers. You should be good though. Gamestop is usually pretty good with their preorders (if there's one thing they are good at its that) since they've done it for awhile. I'm guessing that places like Toys R Us probably haven't dealed with preorders of this magnitude in their gaming sections.

Edited by TacoMan42

OMG, you know about AAFES?! You're the first person I've met on here that has knowledge of them! It seems like only soldiers and their families know anything at all about us. lol

...Or did you see my explanation awhile back in the main Amiibo thread? lol

But anyway, yeah, GameStop is pretty good about preorders. They've yet to disappoint me with them. In fact, when I had the Pokemon X/Y guide on order, they told me others tried to buy my copy since it was the only one they had left, but they made sure no one touched it but me. I have a good local GameStop. ^^

OMG, you know about AAFES?! You're the first person I've met on here that has knowledge of them! It seems like only soldiers and their families know anything at all about us. lol

...Or did you see my explanation awhile back in the main Amiibo thread? lol

But anyway, yeah, GameStop is pretty good about preorders. They've yet to disappoint me with them. In fact, when I had the Pokemon X/Y guide on order, they told me others tried to buy my copy since it was the only one they had left, but they made sure no one touched it but me. I have a good local GameStop. ^^

Yeah my dad was in the Airforce so I've been to quite a few as well as other military posts and bases versions of it Army has Post Exchanges in addition to AAFES while Marine Corp and Navy have BX's. Yeah I'm fortunate as well to have two in my area with damn good service and workers. I wonder if it is also due to their business being severly cut into by digital downloads, best buy, and amazon.

Ah. Actually, though, the whole PX/BX/Shoppette thing was changed a couple years ago. BXes and PXes are now just called Exchanges while Shoppettes are now the Expresses. But people tend to still say PX or Shoppette anyway, so it's no big deal. lol

I just wish we got our products in a bit sooner. We always get them later than GameStop or Walmart. And there's a GameStop right in the small mini mall in front of my store.

I also kinda wish a few people would buy some of our Peaches to make room for other characters. We have too much of her! lol

And it could be, but we still get plenty of business where I work. We've been meeting sales goals fairly consistently. One advantage we have over everyone else is tax-free shopping. Nothing at AAFES facilities is taxed. We also sell some products that aren't found at Walmart and Target, though they are found in places like Belk and Macy's. These mainly consist of expensive hygiene and beauty products though.

I doubt Amazon has affected us though, as AAFES also has an online store.

Edited by Anacybele

Ouch I didn't realize that when I posted it. Hopefully the US tracker is still helpful for our neighbors up north.

unfortunately 80% of the time they won't allow shipping to Canada since they want us to shop through their canadian divisions. Even if they do, the shipping/transaction cost is ridiculous. If I was to buy a single amiibo from gamestop, I would have to pay 10 dollars in shipping and convert my CDN to US which would come out to about 30 bucks.

Edited by kingddd

Ah. Actually, though, the whole PX/BX/Shoppette thing was changed a couple years ago. BXes and PXes are now just called Exchanges while Shoppettes are now the Expresses. But people tend to still say PX or Shoppette anyway, so it's no big deal. lol

I just wish we got our products in a bit sooner. We always get them later than GameStop or Walmart. And there's a GameStop right in the small mini mall in front of my store.

I also kinda wish a few people would buy some of our Peaches to make room for other characters. We have too much of her! lol

And it could be, but we still get plenty of business where I work. We've been meeting sales goals fairly consistently. One advantage we have over everyone else is tax-free shopping. Nothing at AAFES facilities is taxed. We also sell some products that aren't found at Walmart and Target, though they are found in places like Belk and Macy's. These mainly consist of expensive hygiene and beauty products though.

I doubt Amazon has affected us though, as AAFES also has an online store.

Oh I see and yeah I think the whole online boom, best buy, and digital downloads has probably affected Gamestop alot more forcing them to do preorder business good and give good collector item deals found nowhere else. To be quite frank I'm suprised they've still managed to stay around and I'm hoping they do it'll be a sad day when physical copies are no more. Places like AAFES will be fine though because you'll always have soldiers around and theres something to be said for the tax-free benefits and military discounts.

unfortunately 80% of the time they won't allow shipping to Canada since they want us to shop through their canadian divisions. Even if they do, the shipping/transaction cost is ridiculous. If I was to buy a single amiibo from gamestop, I would have to pay 10 dollars in shipping and convert my CDN to US which would come out to about 30 bucks.

Really? That's freakin ridiculous. I can understand making you shop through the Canadian divisions but as far as shipping cost? I know Canada isn't as close as people make it seem at times but its not like your importing from overseas from Japan. Aren't Canadian dollars worth more than USD?

Yeah, AAFES also has very nice deals on clothes, imo. I've gotten shirts for $5 there.

Oh, GameStop will stick around. They're pretty much the only gaming store chain that's in the used game market and they give great preorder bonuses and stuff, so yeah. They have some older games that are no longer found at Walmart or Target or even Best Buy. They also have a rewards system where, if you're a GameStop Power Pro member, you gain points in your account as you keep making purchases. You can then redeem those points for cool stuff online. I got my awesome Zelda wallet because of that system!

Really? That's freakin ridiculous. I can understand making you shop through the Canadian divisions but as far as shipping cost? I know Canada isn't as close as people make it seem at times but its not like your importing from overseas from Japan. Aren't Canadian dollars worth more than USD?

It was a couple of months ago but it's dropped a lot since then. It's because the exporters in Canada were really hurt by the high CDN loonies so they had no choice but to force the devaluation of the CAD on purpose to satisfy those exporters.

You'd be surprised that shipping from Japan is cheaper than from America in my experience but that's mostly because the CAD is on par with the JPY.

Edited by kingddd

It was a couple of months ago but it's dropped a lot since then. It's because the exporters in Canada were really hurt by the high CDN loonies so they had no choice but to force the devaluation of the CAD on purpose to satisfy those exporters.

You'd be surprised that shipping from Japan is cheaper than from America in my experience but that's mostly because the CAD is on par with the JPY.

So in short the CDN is no longer worth as much as it once was so if you're importing things from elsewhere it dosen't have as much purchasing power. Maybe the currency is on par with the yen but it still dosen't change the cost of the overall shipping in distance and method. Where they still have to ship inter-continentally and pay for fuel and time whereas if you imported from the US the distance is far shorter and can be done a variety of ways (from JPN you're limited to air and ship which is expensive). It dosen't make sense to me then again I'm not a Economics major just a collector ; ]

Edited by TacoMan42

So in short the CDN is no longer worth as much as it once was so if you're importing things from elsewhere it dosen't have as much purchasing power. Maybe the currency is on par with the yen but it still dosen't change the cost of the overall shipping in distance and method. Where they still have to ship inter-continentally and pay for fuel and time whereas if you imported from the US the distance is far shorter and can be done a variety of ways (from JPN you're limited to air and ship which is expensive). It dosen't make sense to me then again I'm not a Economics major just a collector ; ]

the CDN economics in general is stupid anyway. For example, it costs more for me to travel to Toronto than to New York.

On one hand, that's some very useful information.

On the other hand, the site links look super-dodgy. I'd use that site to see the status of your favorite Amiibo, then go to the site directly and search for it.

Welp, if anyone's having trouble finding Zelda, I now have one. :P (got it from my mom for Christmas, but I don't like her, so... It's not my mom's fault though, she never knew I didn't like Zelda.) I'll probably put it on eBay if I don't find anyone around my area that wants it.

Edited by Anacybele

On one hand, that's some very useful information.

On the other hand, the site links look super-dodgy. I'd use that site to see the status of your favorite Amiibo, then go to the site directly and search for it.

They have direct links to the retailer's sites anyways so you're covered : ]

I plan on getting a Captain Falcon Amiibo for Smash and Mario Kart. Also some amiibos I gave up on for being too expensive and rare.the real thing that makes me angry is how expensive GCN adapters are. $40 okay, but $60 and above is highway robbery. When is Nintendo making more? Same goes for certain Amiibos

Welp, if anyone's having trouble finding Zelda, I now have one. :P (got it from my mom for Christmas, but I don't like her, so... It's not my mom's fault though, she never knew I didn't like Zelda.) I'll probably put it on eBay if I don't find anyone around my area that wants it.

You do know that the Zelda amiibo will always give you high quality weapons for Zelda in Hyrule Warriors, right?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

You do know that the Zelda amiibo will always give you high quality weapons for Zelda in Hyrule Warriors, right?

No, but I'll hardly be using Zelda in that game, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

I think you should just keep the Zelda amiibo since it was a present from your mother, Ana. One of my friends is apparently getting me a Luigi amiibo for Christmas, and even if Luigi's not one of my favorites I'm going to keep it anyway because it's a present.

And do what with it? I have no place to display it anywhere. My shelves are pretty full and I'm not even sure where I'll put my Luigi and Ike Amiibos when I get them (as well as Toon Link and Rosalina, maybe Robin). And what if I have a friend over someday and they see my room? They'll get the wrong idea if I have a TP Zelda figure sitting here.

"Oh, you like Princess Zelda! Me too!"

"Actually, I don't like this one, my mom only got it for me because she thought it was hard to find and because I like the Zelda series. She made a simple mistake, is all. Not her fault though. She didn't know."

"...Then why are you keeping it?"

Yeah, I'd be asking me that same question if I was the friend.

Also, why the sudden interest in my decision on this matter? Is it really that big a deal? And it's not like I'm holding my mom accountable for anything and being a brat about it. She was only trying to give me something cool.

Edited by Anacybele