QOTD 3 ★ Q600: What is your favorite Sanrio character? [With bonus question! Important announcement in the question post on page 370!]

Specta

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention every book in the Codex Alera series and every book in the Dresden Files series.

Reread?

Not quite.

I've only read one book from the Dresden Files and part of the last Codex Alera. I liked both enough to want to give the others a try, but I always forget about them whenever I have some money to burn.

hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

I should finish reading that one of these days. Edited by Starman

I've only read one book from the Dresden Files and part of the last Codex Alera. I liked both enough to want to give the others a try, but I always forget about them whenever I have some money to burn.

I'm pretty lucky. The most recent one is the first I had to purchase, my friend lent me all the prior books. But then he moved, so I had to get the last one for myself.

I've only read the first Alera book...

There is only one

Ulysses

So...have you read Finnegan's Wake, and do you have any thoughts to share? (I have not, just curious...)

I really liked Portrait of an Artist, but it's unlikely that I had a good understanding of it when I read it and so I have even less to say about it now.

I figure I do wanna read Ulysseys someday.

Edited by Severlan

Every book everyone has ever told me to read. Foremost; The Count of Monte Cristo (which I'm half-done, or I was half-done the abridged version, had to give it back to the school library, got the full version, am half-done that, but it's so long that it intimidates me), Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Lord of the Rings, a bunch of other books people have told me are really good.

So...have you read Finnegan's Wake, and do you have any thoughts to share? (I have not, just curious...)

I really liked Portrait of an Artist, but it's unlikely that I had a good understanding of it when I read it and so I have even less to say about it now.

I figure I do wanna read Ulysseys someday.

I read Gravity's Rainbow and Infinite Jest, Ulysses is the last of the Unholy Trinity

I didn't like Portrait, didn't read Finnegan's (from what I gather, Finnegan's is unreadable)

need to finish reading wise man's fear

the qur'an actually

or read this actually

"I have that book, but I haven't read it yet" and "oh I have that on my iPod" are my two most commonly used phrases. Out of all the books I have though, I keep on meaning to read the Ramayama, but seeing as it's like 3,000 pages, I just haven't had the time to get to it.

I also started the Hitchhiker's Guide series, but then I started school, so I haven't got much progress since. I was midway through the second book.

I did finish the four great classic novels this Summer though, now I have to reread them all in Chinese sometime. I did slug through the first chapter of Journey to the West in Chinese, to see what I was getting into. Apart from the odd new character I had to pleco, I was actually quite pleased with how well my Chinese has grown over these past few years.

Edited by Maji