QOTD 3 ★ Q600: What is your favorite Sanrio character? [With bonus question! Important announcement in the question post on page 370!]

Specta

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of Mandarin or Cantonese based on what I've heard about the level of variety in local dialects. But I don't know a lot about languages! There could be plenty of languages like that.

I think that Spanish and French are the two least intimidating languages for me.

Oh, I completely misunderstood. I thought you meant intimidating to learn. Honestly, I have no idea what the answer is for me to this one, but I'm going to go ahead and include my incorrect answer.

Honestly it would depend more on what the person themselves was doing, rather than the specific phonemes they used. It would be easiest to intimidate me with English, because of how language works - the whole "a language you know goes to your head, but your language goes to your heart" kind of thing. If someone threatened me in something other than English, and I understood, I would take it more... objectively than in English.

Ngl, the native dialect of Chinese I've grown up with hearing, I never wanted to learn as a child, because it sounded really angry and like they're cursing you out all the time to a child's ears, even when they're saying something perfectly normal.

To this day I can only understand about 75% of it and can't speak it. I only speak almost-standard Mandarin that's taught in schools.

Chinese is an amazing language, but it can get downright vulgar. Like, I swear a lot in English. I swear a lot more when I talk than when I type, since I kinda just use English swears as filler since let's be real they're not really that vulgar. Chinese? I don't even brush the surface of the amount of swears used because some of that shit actually offends me. A level of vulgarity that actually offends me is...really really fucking high.

Though I guess it can be attributed to Chinese being the language I use with my parents (mostly) and English with my friends.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Oh, I completely misunderstood. I thought you meant intimidating to learn. Honestly, I have no idea what the answer is for me to this one, but I'm going to go ahead and include my incorrect answer.

oh wow I did too

uh

no clue

2 bottles of lotion, a cup with 2 copic markers, a paintbrush, 5 pens, 4 color pencils, a regular pencil, 2 combs, and a pair of scissors

1 figure of kotomine kirei and a figma of phantasmoon

a mio and yuuko figure

my monitor

2 liters of soda

5 water bottles

a chalkboard, vaseline, 2 boxes of tape, some gum, 2 pairs of glasses, body soap, a credit card, 2 animal statues, a tape roller, my wallet and phone

My computer, a can of Sprite, mouse and mousepad, pens, pencils, a bunch of random paprer probably from school, the deck of Torot cards from the Persona Q/P4AU sets/ 3DS game case/ 3DS Persona Q case, a certificate from states in Future Problem Solvers where they misspelled Cromwell Crowmell, the remote to the TV, random League of Legends RP cards, the case to Project X Zone.

I have no desk. So I'll go by the top of my dresser. I have a bookshelf too (I keep most of my stuff on there, only books on one shelf of it) but that'd take too long?

Around 13 mints I snag when I go to SubwayTM

A backscratcher

my alarm clock
Picture of me as a toddler with my mom and dad

stuffed dog I got on the day my grandpa died when I was in 3rd grade

2 sticks of deoderant

2 cologne bottles of different brands

3 sticks of glue

4 unopened packs of note cards

bottle of rubber cement

various writing utensils

earplugs

candle

...I also have a toy sword collection on the floor next to it. Been adding to it ever since I was 4 or 5 or something, but there was a point where I got enough where I got a big rectangular box thing with a slot at the top where I can actually keep them. It was designed by my sister, it says 'Sir John' on it and I got it when I was 7 or something. I still haven't outgrown keeping toy swords, but now I actually have a real one.

laptop, keyboard, mouse, a cup of water, my playstation 3, some atlas books and a bottle of contact lens solution

Edited by Nobody

trophies, jewelry, a camera, a psp, a 3ds and dsi, lotion, notebooks, a macbook, a photo of my mom, books, game cases, a flashlight, staples, statuettes, a tablet and its pen, headphones, earphones, a pair of scissors, tissues, an umbrella, a watch, various hair accessories and writing utensils, binders, and an old newspaper