Fire Emblem 4 0% Growths LTC

MartyTheDemonSlayer

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played through Gen 1 in a while, but Verdane's C1 forest and basically all of C2 was full of suck from what I recall. I'm also curious to see how you handle the cross knights since I'm so used to putting Jamke in a forest and watching him laugh as he kills everything to death.

Levin really is the best!

I've been toying around with a playthrough with growths and I'm sure glad there are the in chapter saves more then ever, and i'm sure this is like ten times more useful on 0% growths.

Since I'm rigging so much when planning I use save states to make the process faster (and if I reset at all in the first generation Claude x Fury doesn't work out on time because jealousy is weird.) But yeah, chapters 4 and 5 are Levin doing everything with a really good support squad. Sylvia + Lachesis move him around quickly and Sigurd gives him a leadership boost because even with Holsety his evade isn't quite perfect on 0% growths. It's really unfortunate, I can't feed too many kills on to weapons because Levin is needed to kill everything at the end of Gen 1 (Holyn can do a bit but nothing amazing.)

do weapons other than the hero sword really need crit though? Like it'd be nice having a light sword with some crit, but then again, who can really use it well?

I guess Elwind getting kills isn't the worst thing in the world though.

If you reset you still can make a square with Ayra and Aideen in getting Claude/Fury to happen, unless the site is wrong. I hope it's not, because I really want Nanna instead of Janne for my run.

Edited by General Horace

Oifaye is my designated light sword user because of his 9 base magic making it good enough to one round a lot of enemies at 2 range (like all the javelin draco knights), but he has crit anyways so it's not that big a deal. The hero sword gets 50 kills by chapter 8, which is when it's necessary for Celice to start critting bosses, but it would probably help out a lot in chapter 6 if I could get it to high kills (with Celice's pitiful 5 + 5 strength it's actually in danger of running out of uses at the beginning, and bosses/ armors who can't cleanly be one rounded exist.) But it manages to do what it needs to, I suppose, and there are very few opportunities to feed it kills in Gen 1. Do you have any goals in your run or is it just for fun?

I'm just doing regular LTC, nothing special. I actually just figured out how to recruit Jamka and clear chapter 1 in 17 turns, which was a total pain. I'm not recruiting everyone, and the killer bow probably won't do anything special, but if it's possible I figured i'd do it anyway.

I don't think I'll be able to do Claude/Fury though, I don't think I have enough turns. I honestly think i'll only be able to pair Ayra, Aideen and Fury (but not with Claude...)

I actually think the only units that cost turns are Hannibal, Altenna, and maybe Sety.

How did you recruit Jamka without losing turns? Did you put Aideen/Dew in a risky position and send Cuan ahead to manipulate the enemy positioning in the choke point?

What sort of turn counts are you hitting? The fastest play through I've watched is the Nicovideo 161 turn play through, but that was full recruitment and AAAA rank (which is really impressive in such a tight time frame), so I know that below that is easily possible, though of course with a bunch of RNG abuse. I've actually never tried to LTC FE4 with growths.

Aideen and Dew actually run away from the fighters, I recruit Ayra really far over to the left, and she lures Jamka down south and Deirdre warps Aideen to Gandolf's castle, there's barely enough move to do it. Cuan also needs to survive a lot of shit up in the forest, (including a round of combat with Jamka) but oh well.

Honestly i've only completed the prologue and chapter 1 so far, 9/17 turns respectively. I'm not bothering AAAA ranking though. I think i'm looking at 21 turns for Chapter 2, but that's just from looking at the map.

Did you get that turn count from counting the squares and factoring in Sigurd's max movement? I imagine your greatest problem would be the armors near Agusty getting in your way at the end. Maybe if you were super aggressive with infantry during Macklily castle and managed to get them past Macklily before Sigurd seized it they could help clear out enough enemies ahead of time to stop the armor knights from getting in Sigurd's way. I use Deidre prayer abuse to do this in my 0% growths play through, so that could be helpful in yours. I just think that if it was only Cuan/Sigurd charging ahead they might get blocked out, though it may not be as big a problem as I'm anticipating.

The plan is to send Midir + Light Sword Alec up the top of the map and kill them over the cliff, I imagine that will work out.

I might make a separate topic later so this topic stays on the topic of 0% if I run into issues or have questions, once I figure out what my benchmark turncount will be i'll post it here for reference. If I find something that may be relevent to 0% i'll definately post it though.

Edited by General Horace

Hmm in my 0% growths play through I just send Midir, though I suppose light sword alec might also help out a bit, but likely not enough to save a turn. I lose a fair number of turns from chapter 2 on wards because on I sometimes have to pull a few enemies out or re-position units whereas with growths I could just full charge everything. Plus having to use Levin to kill everything in chapters 4 and 5.

Aideen and Dew actually run away from the fighters, I recruit Ayra really far over to the left, and she lures Jamka down south and Deirdre warps Aideen to Gandolf's castle, there's barely enough move to do it. Cuan also needs to survive a lot of shit up in the forest, (including a round of combat with Jamka) but oh well.

Honestly i've only completed the prologue and chapter 1 so far, 9/17 turns respectively. I'm not bothering AAAA ranking though. I think i'm looking at 21 turns for Chapter 2, but that's just from looking at the map.

How did you get Deirdre to a castle before jamka shows up?

Ethlin's return staff!

EDIT: And yeah I didn't really need Alec up top, Midir did it on his own. Need to find a way to get Dew some more exp though.

Edited by General Horace

Here are the videos for castle preparations/the march to Nodion and Heirhein castle. I'm quite busy right now and will be for the next few weeks so I can't promise much about the rate at which I'll get future videos out, but I will eventually finish recording the entire run. I've decided that I'll use the base preparation videos as an opportunity to talk about long term goals within the chapters so that these explanations don't interfere with me describing the specifics of my tactics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwLTzqzunKI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2a1GxGphN0

I don't have the turn by turn actions of every chapter planned out yet, but I pretty much know all the turn counts/strategies of the first generation. The second generation I might still have a little bit more work to do in chapters 6, 8, 10, and the the final chapter, but irrespective of those changes I still know what bench marks I need to hit in terms of levels and money and all that.

I'm listening to the first vid and it's getting better and better. One thing I wanna say before I forget though: the music that starts somewhere between 9 and 10 mins in is really loud compared to the track before and your commentary, to the point where I would consider reuploading. Maybe it's just me? idk

edit: Why did Ethlin not attack the boss from beside Sigurd?

Edited by Mekkah

Definitely improved on the commentary, good stuff. Maybe trying to avoid using too many long sentences would make it even better. For somebody who's new to FE4 or FE in general the amount of information provided at once could become overwhelming. Probably easier said than done though.

You could probably make some Lua scripts, there's been a few done already, sitting in the TASvideos thread waiting to be used. Shouldn't take long to find the right addresses, that way you can get some comparable scripts to the ones developed for the GBA games