Fire Emblem 4 0% Growths LTC

MartyTheDemonSlayer

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the rescue glitch?

If you rescue a unit who is guarding a castle, then ending their turn using the end comand immediately gives them a new turn. This effectively gives them infinite movement. This effect lasts until they enter the same castle or the chapter ends. Marty is not using this, as he considers it a major glitch. If he was using it, his strategy would have been vastly different.

Progress update: It turned out there wasn't enough EXP in chapters 8,9, and 10 to promote Fee unless I wanted to rig stuff that was well below a .001 chance of success (if only I had a save from chapter 7!), so I had to replay the entire game. Even with every move planned out that was still very tedious, but I'm currently on chapter 10, so I'm almost back to where I was. I'll probably aim to finish the play through off in the next two weeks.

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

Marty - on SNES9x you can record movies (File -> Movie Record) which is basically the game mapping your inputs. You can reply your movies as well, and I'm not sure how much flexibility SNES9x has with it but on, say, VBA you can open them to edit and start from there or something. It also helps to keep all of your strategies archived.

@Lord Raven I had no idea, thanks. It's too late to be useful on this play through, but I'm sure I'll do something with a snes game some other time.

THat is kind of format that TASvidios acceptes as proof of a tas (but in there bizhawk emulator, as opposed to snex9x). This because it makes cheating impossible. They used to use snes9x though (i think it was moded to make it easier to use though.)

@Lord Raven I had no idea, thanks. It's too late to be useful on this play through, but I'm sure I'll do something with a snes game some other time.

Yeah, I think most people actually end up using that to record videos because you can just record the video from the emulator while the game plays through the movie.

It also makes things more flexible because you can save state quite a bunch to record from a certain spot earlier in the chapter, in case you mess up.

Edited by Lord Raven

I really felt like putting a video out today... so here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHnsnI9333Y&feature=youtu.be

Edit: Now would also be a good time to post your top 15 items of the generation, top 10 units of the generation, top 5 skills of the run, and top 10 items of the run, though you could also wait a bit longer if you want. Any item is valid.

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

I keep forgetting to mention this but you might want to mute your mic during arngena abuse if you're not commentating anyway.

Do skills given by items/weapons count towards top skills of the urn? Like Hero Sword's critical, Elite Ring's Elite, etc.

Edited by Mekkah

[spoiler=Top 10 Units gen 2]1.) Leaf

2.) Oifaye

3.) Laylea

4.) Shanan

5.) Aless

6.) Celice

7.) Daisy

8.) Sety

9.) Lana

10.) Janne

[spoiler=Top 15 Items gen2]1.) Hero Sword

2.) Power Ring

3.) Prayer Sword

4.) Prayer Ring

5.) Light Sword

6.) Balmung

7.) Rescue Staff

8.) Leg Ring

9.) Elite Ring

10.) Warp Staff

11.) Speed Ring

12.) Knight Ring

13.) Mistoltin

14.) Magic Ring

15.) Sleep Sword

[spoiler=Top 5 Skills overall]1.) Prayer

2.) Dance

3.) Steal

4.) Critical

5.) Elite

Honorable mention: Return

Top 15 items is a total crapshot for me. My ranking looks extremely unorthodox with Rescue Staff and Leg Ring ranked so low but I don't see how else I should rank them. They do save a shitload of turns but how are you even gonna beat the game in the first place without the 50-kill Hero Sword + Power Ring, the Prayer Sword/Ring, the Light Sword and Balmung? I'm really curious to see how Marty's gonna evaluate the items.

Edited by Yojinbo