Fire Emblem 4 0% Growths LTC

MartyTheDemonSlayer

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claude x Aideen takes too many turns, and even if it was viable, you wouldn't be able to use the rescue staff during chapters four and five (you'd get it too late in chapter 5 for it to be relevant). Having it longer in the secondary generation would save like, 2-3 turns at most, as you have to wait until Leif promotes (by chapter 9 at the earliest) to make good use of it. In the current setup I have the staff for 5 full chapters and a tiny bit of chapter 8, which saves the most turns overall.

I tried having Levin x Fury in one of my test play throughs, but Holsety isn't really necessary in the second generation. It makes a few parts a bit easier, but doesn't actually save any turns, and Levin!Sety only has B staffs and as such can't inherit Rescue. On the other hand, Claude!Sety can inherit the rescue staff and this saves about five turns from chapter 9 and might save one from chapter 8 once I refine my strategy a bit.

Is it me or was the gameplay in this video sped up more than the others? Sometimes it was a little difficult to see anything happen. The only way to tell Deirdre died was by her death quote. Otherwise it seemed like a solid strategy. Wondering why you didn't expose just Cuan instead of him and the swordfighters near the end though, he seemed to be doing wonders with the Hero Lance while Holyn fell just a bit short even with a Luna proc.

I thought YouTube would object to the video length, but I was wrong, so i won't be speeding up like that in the future. I put the sword fighters at risk because even with the shield ring cuan is at risk of death and his evade is practically nonexistent, so I needed others to take some hits.

Yeah, Lachesis healed all she could. Most of that rigging at the end was so that Lachesis could clear one last arena fight. The boss kill strategy was actually no worse than earlier ones (about 1.2% chance of success.) I think I could have made it a lot more reliable, but I would have had to replan my moves for all of Agusty castle and I couldn't be bothered. Don't worry, the worst rigging is still ahead (the Arvis fight and Celice's many boss kills come to mind.) It seems most people want Noish to die, so I guess he gets killed, even if all those units are at the end of their usable lives anyways.

I think it's probably because he's been the mount with the least use, other than Beo. Alec at least was a good RNG abuser, Midir was cool with Charge, and Finn was cool with Prayer and also everyone loves Finn.

EDIT: Also does Fury do nothing in the desert? I would think she'd be able to increase reliability in some places, unless she just gets in Levin's way or something, and flying healing could be useful too if you can get her to promotion. And I guess if Fury isn't useful, Physic!Fee won't be in use either?

Edited by BBM

Altenna has shit bases on 0% growths because growths have some part in the calculation of the kids' bases. Paperblade had a picture of her somewhere but I can't find it.

Edit: Btw awesome job, man.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Fliers generally aren't very good in FE4 either since they don't get bonus movement from roads. FE4 is probably the least flier-friendly game in the whole series, and the fliers are all actually pretty amazing statwise.

That being said, Marty will probably skip Altenna, she costs a few turns.

And growths do factor into their bases, it's all here at the bottom: http://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/miscellaneous/calculations/

Edited by General Horace

I dont think growths do, but their final stats do. I totally forgot. Eh, she still has the Gae Bolg for the crits, plus she has flying utility. Right?

In case you're curious, here's the post

Edit: Horace ninja'd me :(

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Fury could do things to reduce reliability, but she has to be glued to Claude so that they pair in time, so she doesn't see any use.

Yeah, why would you want to reduce reliability even further? Kappa