Fire Emblem 4 0% Growths LTC

MartyTheDemonSlayer

Oops, typo. Yeah, Altenna will be skipped because she costs a bunch of turns, and I'm 9 turning chapter 9(maybe 8 turning if I can find strategies for chapter 10/11 that don't require the prayer ring.) Yeah, alll the children characters have absolutely terrible bases. I'm still forced to use Celice because he's the lord and Leif because he's the only 9 move rescue staff user, so they're still both necessary in spite of their 24 HP.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Altenna really should have been attached to Thracia's castle, and not the castle with all the darkmages and ballista. If you're recruiting Hannibal, there's a really high chance that Celice can just seize the darkmage castle the turn he's recruited, and this is without playing particularly quickly either, it's really annoying.

I find altenna to be pretty mediocre, even in normal play. There's the problem with not getting road bonuses, and her great defense comes at a point where all the biggest threats are magic users. Plus the gaebolg is so heavy. On 0% growths she would just be useless though. 24 health, and FE4 is the only game with no ways to boost health outside of level ups.

I love me some Altenna in normal play. It is really dumb that she joins when everything uses magic though. She's still helpful in rescuing Palmark and OHKOing some dark mages Gae Bolg though. She's surprisingly fast thanks to her blood so a with a speed ring the Gae Bolg isn't so heavy. Enemy AS isn't that high in this game and she always has the option of using swords because A rank.

I just have a lot of bias for her

I find altenna to be pretty mediocre, even in normal play. There's the problem with not getting road bonuses, and her great defense comes at a point where all the biggest threats are magic users. Plus the gaebolg is so heavy. On 0% growths she would just be useless though. 24 health, and FE4 is the only game with no ways to boost health outside of level ups.

I mean, she is mediocre in normal play but I assumed that her mobility, her +10 def and her ability to ignore terrain could give her some sort of obscure utility in a playthrough with no growths such as serving as a decoy to distract swarms of enemies that would get in your way otherwise. But admittedly, I haven't played this game in 4 years so I wouldn't know if such a scenario will actually arise in the last chapters to begin with. Just thinking out loud.

Here is the beginning of chapter 3.

Base preparations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFcJTfH-CN4

Madino castle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYVGFZQ5Hgc

Also, to fill the battle of Barhara, I've decided to run a little challenge. Right before I complete the first generation, people will be allowed to choose the top 10 units of the first generation (and their order) as well as the top 5 items of the first generation (omitting Rescue and Holsety, so that things are actually interesting.) You'll get one point for each correct character/item and one point for guessing the correct place on the list. If you get the most points I will write a poem in your honor and recite it during the battle of Barhara.

Curious to see how many Cross Knights Levin is going to destroy when they first come out while still avoiding being attacked by Elthsan. And then how you're going to deal with the remainder of them without Lachesis getting KO'd.

Lachesis staying alive with the Prayer Sword probably won't be an issue. At least not one that can't be fixed with some rigging if it really comes down to it.

Edited by Yojinbo

Lets play, from what I've seen so far...

Alec(for dat RNG abuse)

Ethlin(sibling crits, lover crits, got us light sword, rescue staff, healed)

Sigurd(was fine while he lasted)

Levin(lolsety)

Dew(Moneeeeeey)

Cuan(flexed his muscles and made bandits dieded)

Aideen(higher staff rank than Ethlin, could warp. Also points for being a pro baby maker)

Lachesis(masterknight utility)

Diedre(circlet made that little pass in C2 possible)

Holyn(decent bases, Luna, but he's on foot...)

As for items...

Rescue

Light Sword

Brave Lance

Silver sword(do you even have this?)

Holsety(because late)

Yeah I don't really pay attention to the items so I doubt I got any right.

The rules are that rescue and Holsety aren't counted in the item ranking because they're the obvious one and two (without holsety I have no idea how I'd do any of chapter 5 efficiently.) Also, jokes aside, Alec's RNG abuse won't be counted because Noish/Midir/Fin (at least early on) could be doing that.

The rules are that rescue and Holsety aren't counted in the item ranking because they're the obvious one and two (without holsety I have no idea how I'd do any of chapter 5 efficiently.) Also, jokes aside, Alec's RNG abuse won't be counted because Noish/Midir/Fin (at least early on) could be doing that.

Ah, okay. I think I'll do the same.

My top ten song recommendations for parts where you don't have much to say are:

Candle in the Wind

Quando Quando Quando

Baby Come Back

Ring of Fire

Living on a Prayer

Money Money Money

Can you Feel the Love Tonight

Time Warp

The Sound of Silence

Dancing Queen

Alec for MVP the strategies wouldn't be possible without him.

Also, jokes aside, Alec's RNG abuse won't be counted because Noish/Midir/Fin (at least early on) could be doing that.

I actually considered voting Alec as #1 for the lulz.

Living on a Prayer

Been looking out for that pun pretty much all of Chapter 2. Especially when Deidre "died" it would've been a good moment.

Can you explain why Sigurd is "falling off"? I get that he doesn't have as much raw Mt as Cuan but he should 4x pretty much anything with the Hero Sword and sometimes even Hero Lance and he can still get those sibling crits.