Fire Emblem 4 0% Growths LTC

MartyTheDemonSlayer

I guess I should have been a bit clearer in my commentary. He's still pretty good in chapter 3, but chapter 4 is when he really starts to struggle. There are a lot of fast enemies he can't necessarily double, a lot of them use magic and he has low resistance, and even though he can take down enemies with hero weapons and stat rings he really can't take much punishment anymore. I more meant to say that he'd soon fall off, he's still a great unit in chapter 3. By chapter 4 he's still one of your better characters, but everyone is obsolete where you have Levin one rounding and dodging everything at 1-2 range even before you get Holsety, and the mounts just can't cut it alone anymore. Silvail is where he kind of hands the reins off to Levin, because you know, stupid cross knights with their 1-2 range.

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With or without growths, Quan's an invaluable member of the team. He will be missed. I can't tell you how upset I was when Quan left on my first play through.

Quan sucks he can't even attack twice like Ayra

This was an amazing way to handle the chapter! I always knew base level Levin was power but not THAT powerful. I always had Jamke handle the Cross Knights because Jamke is awesome.

You also make a good point about infantry contributions in C3. This map is just really cool all around.

For a moment I was scared you sac'd him.

me too, I was terrified.

As for the chapter with growths, you can seize Silvail by turn 6 with growths (and master knight Lachesis)

I was thinking a promoted Beowulf might have actually been useful, since his bases are a little better than Sigurd, but he doesn't get any strength on promo :(

Also he joins like halfway through the game and nowhere near promotion, so if it's even possible to have him promoted by Ch4 in this setting it'd prolly take ages of planning.

I don't think it'd be too hard, he starts at level 9 and can actually win a little bit in the arena's since his stats aren't awful

You could feed him all the kills on the Orgahil pirates with the hero sword instead of Ayra, and if you're really ambitious, he could even have the elite ring for that.

He can clear up to level 6 at base in the chapter 3 arena pretty easily too, between those enemies and the chapter 2/3/4 arena it'd be enough to promote him with little effort.

Also, unlike Sigurd, he doesn't get oneshotted by Langbart, so Beo could actually kill him for Sigurd to seize earlier than if Levin has to do it.

Although getting 50 kills on the hero sword might be a little harder in 0%. Still doable for sure I think though.

Edited by General Horace

Ah alright. I think I lose a turn on Madino and a turn on Silvail then? I'm not sure if that's avoidable, short of an absurd amount of rigging. I'm also not sure if getting Beowulf could save a turn. With some charge rigs he could take down Langabart quickly, but I 3 turn Lubeck with Levin anyways, so I doubt using Beowulf more would save a turn anywhere.

If you three turn anyway, he probably doesn't do anything then, although he'd be farther ahead to deal with the next castle, but Fury probably does stuff there anyway to obselete him there.

And yeah, it's a turn at each castle, but I don't think it's possible to save either turn on 0% growths.

If I was willing to rng abuse for days I think the 3 turn of Madino could be possible (I mean, Sigurd technically could dodge all those armors), but yeah I'm never going to waste that much time burning RN's. I think a few other areas are kind of in the same realm of "technically possible to cut a turn but who would ever RNG abuse that much."

Yeah, in FE4 you start losing turns a bit sooner just because of some of the map architecture (wooo 1 tile wide choke point in chapter 1) and the enemy's tendency to stick together in large formations makes it tough to charge straight forward. Anyways, here's the end of chapter 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVbiaBTJ7ks&feature=youtu.be

Her bases are amazing, but I already have Levin to kill pegs and Lachesis needs to keep both Dew and Levin up with the pack, so I just don't have the time to rescue her forwards. She definitely could do something though, there are just better options.

I think I'm actually done with sacrifices for the first generation (well maybe one person in chapter 5.) The second generation is where things get really quiet. I don't recruit Aseaello, Hannibal, Altenna, Corple, or Linda, and there are going to be a fair number of sacrifices too.

Holy shit get rekt Pizarl Ayra went all Hokuto Shinken on his ass.

And the music that plays at the Noish sacrifice oh goodness that's hilarious. I'm sure Alec is glad to be relegated to RNG abuse duty now.

This is amazing, keep it up. I'm sad that you didn't get Yewfelle or Gae Bolg. I know they would cost over 9000 turns but it just feels wrong. This play through really is a testament to the power of foresight in FE4. You're planning for things waaaay far down the line.

I think he could have gotten Ichival if he really wanted to, but I just don't think it would have done much. Briggid's move is too lame.

Same with the Gae Bolg, but Cuan would have just stood around with it I guess.

Edited by General Horace