ATTN: Wings of Courage readers

Dragoncat

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who should take the Daein throne at the end?

• Micaiah
    • Pelleas
    • I have another idea(specify)
    • Control option so I can view results. Don't choose this.
  2. 2. Do you want a timeskip so there can be a generation 2?

• Yes
    • No
    • Control option so I can view results. Don't choose this.

Don't worry, it's not abandoned!

Just what it says in the poll. I'm having trouble deciding. I know the thing about Soren, but honestly, can you see him wanting to do so? I can't. So we can assume his parents weren't Almedha and Ashnard...but a random dragon laguz and a random beorc. Does it even imply that anywhere in RD...

So, as we know, the Dawn Brigade isn't fighting to free Daein from Begnion, instead chasing rumors that Nyra wants to awaken the dark god and working to have her dethroned or something before she can.

I haven't actually completed RD, farthest I've gotten was part 4, just haven't beaten the whole thing yet, working on it. Had to start a new playthrough though because I forgot most of it.

If I go with Pelleas, it will be a similar situation as it is in RD. He'll be older than Nyra by maybe a year, making him the true next in line. If I go with Micaiah, I'll most likely have to change it so Pelleas never existed, and I guess she'd earn the throne because she saw Nyra's true intentions before anyone else.

Yeah. Vote and help me brainstorm. I'm also considering a timeskip so there can be kids, but have no idea how to make that work...If you vote yes for that I'd appreciate an idea.

Edited by Dragoncat

Probably after the group deals with the final enemy? You can then have them marry each other, or, if they had the kids prior to the final battle, then you have to work something out sooner. The second generation could face a new rising problem, but that is up to you. You can also just have that as some extra content, you know? Something that really doesn't tie to the story at hand but still part of it.

Snowy provided an idea for gen 2's problem awhile back. But you know, I think I'll just do a few unrelated epilogue chapters. That's a real good idea.

*glances at Cerai x Boyd borderline smut fic* I'm calling that canon, and I'm saying it resulted in their first born being conceived. Dunno exactly when. It's probably after the final battle, how long after idk.

Well, if you wanna follow his idea, then you should. Good luck to you on whatever you decide to do in the end. Btw, you don't have to have my character get married and have a child.

Obviously I want a gen-2, but I support Michy on the throne!

So far you have the unpopular opinion for the latter. She'd still be important either way. If Sothe wasn't there I'd stick her with Pelleas, as a couple...but Sothe x Micaiah is pretty much canon. So no, if Pelleas is king, she won't be queen. Can't do both...

inb4 "canon" Boyd x Mist...I never said I'd be sticking with all the support endings that actually exist. Rolf x Mist is cuter, makes more sense, and you saw how well that OC x Canon worked out.

Oh hey, Dragoncat, if you can't find a way to insert my character, don't worry about it. Just leave him out, I don't mind. Maybe if you continue with some other story later on, or if you make the 2nd Gen, then maybe you can use him there.

I'll probably stick him in as a wanderer, kinda like Ana's Jerec. Remember that the Whitefires have no more room. Unless he wants to sleep in the stables xD

Course they'll have to build on when gen 2 happens...as it stands, there's 6 kids. 3 of them are Darcen's, 2 are Cerai's, 1 is Leo's. Snowy wanted Kelly to have a "large family". Poor Darcen doesn't know what he's getting into lol.

Haha, no, no sleeping with the horses. I rather wait till you introduce the 2nd Gen. Maybe you can introduce him there. He doesn't have to be a kid from someone, just someone who happens by.

Yes but he'd refuse it in a heartbeat.

Oh...really? Well, a good writer would find a scenario in which Soren would find himself thinking about his identity, and if necessary, he could ascend throne. Thats...well...the point of good fanfic, is it not?

No offense, but that sounds pretty snotty to me. To me it sounds like you're saying 'Well, if you can't find a way to make my personal dream of Soren on the throne come true, then I guess you're just not a very good writer!'

It's Dragoncat's story, she can tell it how she wants, and she can just as easily justify Soren not becoming the king of Daien as she can justify him quitting the Greil mercenaries to go off and become a professional kazoo player.

Edited by Snowy_One

Suggestions are never rude, especially if you plan on breaking canon to justify an alternative. (like changing a character's lineage) Good writers dont do that, and i was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Shame on me for doing that, i suppose. Personally, id rather you have some OC ascend the throne other than changing an established backstory of a character around in order to make sure he hasnt a chance. And this story of yours doesnt seem intended to be an AU.

Okay, you have a point about me changing his lineage...however where in RD is it said? If it's never said anywhere, just a widely accepted theory, then...

And it's kinda supposed to be an AU. It's an alternate PoR sequel. It explores what RD wouldve been if Begnion hadn't been able to take over Daein.

The suggestion wasn't rude, but you coming off as "if you don't use my suggestion you're a bad writer" was. Also you never showed interest in WoC until now, so...I'd say you have no right to suggest things, but that would be rude on my part...

Edited by Dragoncat

I don't really like either Pelleas or Micaiah, but Micaiah seems like she'd be a better ruler, plus she's the one that takes the throne at the end of RD anyway.

It doesn't matter to me whether or not there's a gen 2 and a timeskip. But if there is, Jerec only has a daughter named Kathryn. His wife is a Crimean woman named Melanie. Melanie has purple hair and pink eyes. Kathryn has her father's red hair and her mother's eyes. Kathryn is often called Kathy for short and she takes after her father by wielding a lance and taking the Soldier/Halberdier/Sentinel class line. She's in the Crimean army too and serves under her father (Jerec, after awhile, is accepted into the Crimean army as a captain).

Melanie also serves the army by providing supplies and medicine, as she becomes an herbalist and merchant. She can also treat some wounds if she must, but she doesn't have a class.

Edited by Anacybele

I think you mentioned that pair before. I'm surprised he becomes a Crimean captain, I mean Crimea and Daein...if they knew where he was originally from they might not let him in. Especially in this headcanon, Daein attacks AGAIN.

I'll keep that in mind, I'm already considering a Kieran x Marcia offspring for gen 2 btw xD And if Melanie is like Aimee, yeah, she would have a class. I think it would be vendor. But yeah...

Gawd, the first poll is so divided...I mean Pelleas is winning, but only by 1...

Edited by Dragoncat

Yes, but Jerec also has a friendship with Elincia through Ike. And she's the Crimean queen, isn't she? :P

Well, true, even Aimee has a class. I'll have to think on that one. xP I had some thoughts on a Kieran x Marcia kid awhile back, btw. I believe I had decided they'd have a son and Kieran would constantly compare him to Oscar's daughter and try to get them to compete... lol

Edited by Anacybele