FE8 Reskin SS200

Kuru

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't care either way. It's your hack.

lol, perhaps. But like I said, I offered you that spot, why should I not keep my word? Nadhir will make a good bad guy, which leaves my she-demon alive for a sequel custom hack, if I can ever get to that.

I finally fixed my archer's outfit. It took me a while to find one that worked.

FIuRsCl.png

Sorry if the colors dont work again.

Also, here is the additional info for my characters:

Name: Fenricc

Class: Theif

Items :Lockpick, Vulnerary, Iron/Steel Sword(I'd like Steel so he can deal more damage, but if you prefer, Iron is fine)

Personality: Tends to be overconfident, Can be snide and condescending unless he is talking to Risa, Cares a lot about Risa, but doesn't like to admit it, generally doesn't reveal his true thoughts/feelings to anyone

Background: Was a streetrat for about 5 years, met Risa in their early teens, they look out for each other

Stats: D-rank in Swords, decent growths in STR,LCK, and SKL

Name: Risa

Class: Archer

Items: Short Bow, Vulnerary x2

Personality: Usually confident and level headed, but tends to forget things quickly, brutally honest, loves Fenricc(claims its in a nonromantic way), gets irritated with him easily, especially when he acts apathetic

Background: Had to fend for herself on the streets for almost 8 years, met Fenricc and they stuck together ever since

Stats: D-rank in Bows, decent SPD and LCK growths

Aside from what i specified, feel free to use whatever you think will work best in your game.

Also, what about the support conversations? It might get a bit awkward if two people didn't like the outcomes of their character's support conversations with eachother. I could write some, if people didn't care about what their character's conversations are. I'm quite good at writing. Just not spriting. Anything but that.

The mug looks great. Whose eyes are those? I can't tell now. XD Them Lyn's? I doubt that. Haha I need to know so I can work the blinking/talking frames. So you might as well tell me all the mugs you used for the splice.

Ok, thanks for all that info. I guess I will have to administer the growths myself. You know what, guys/gals? I think I won't touch too much of those growths, unless you really want me for your character. If you do, just post them if you haven't and I will deal with it. I do have a question, though. If I use nightmare to give characters 100% growth in everything, will it work? Or will it mess up things? I only ask so I can be careful with that. lol

And I did some editing on the first post...again. It's nothing much. I basically removed the old text I posted and made a spoiler for project progress. I'm glad how things are going. :)

Edit AS, you should write some supports. I could use help with that. So will you?

Edited by Terminator

They're Fir's eyes, the Myrm chick in FE6~ The hair also belongs to her, with the bandanna belonging to Rebecca and the body belonging to Lyn's.

I'd edit the colors a bit though, as the bandanna is pretty saturated and there are some pixels along the left side of her (her POV) that were missed when he recolored them.

I'd certainly love to try! But I need to know who the Characters are, who they replace, their personalities, etc. That's just if you want the suport conversations to sound good, though. I doubt you don't want them to sound good. Also, one thing I forgot to add about Rusty is that he comes from Jehanna, Just because I like Deserts.

Edited by AwesomeSauce

They're Fir's eyes, the Myrm chick in FE6~ The hair also belongs to her, with the bandanna belonging to Rebecca and the body belonging to Lyn's.

I'd edit the colors a bit though, as the bandanna is pretty saturated and there are some pixels along the left side of her (her POV) that were missed when he recolored them.

I believe you are right, Kon. (sounds like Kahn?) I don't know most of the FE6 characters, that is why I was unsure. I knew it was Lyn's body and Rebecca's bandana, but I couldn't distinguish the eyes. XD

Yes, I will work on the colors as you've said.

@AwesomeSauce You could just work the supports for your character if you want.

I believe you are right, Kon. (sounds like Kahn?) I don't know most of the FE6 characters, that is why I was unsure. I knew it was Lyn's body and Rebecca's bandana, but I couldn't distinguish the eyes. XD

Yes, I will work on the colors as you've said.

@AwesomeSauce You could just work the supports for your character if you want.

It sounds more like Kohn, actually~

And taking a closer look at the sprite, there are a lot more missed colors than what I noticed before DX So it might take a while to pick them all out.

Thanks for the heads up, Kon. Yeah, there were too many alike colors that I had to remove, plus I did some work on the hair and neck. Even though I think she could use some work in the neck area underneath her chin, (I think there is too much shadow there) I am satisfied with the way she looks and can work with that.

Here is the reworked piece. 2mhxymb.jpg

I'm sorry you've had to recolor my sprites Terminator.I wish i could have done better, but I'm still a novice. Hopefully it wasn't too much of an inconvenience to you.

Nah, don't worry about it. Usenti is a very useful program. If you allow me to work the neck area for her, I will. But if you like her the way she currently looks, then she can remain like that, I have no real problem with her looks.

After playing through the game, or at least Eirika's part until she meets up with Ephraim, it is only 8 chapters. That's all the way I will go with this reskin to begin. Like I said in the first post, if all goes well and you guys/gals like it, then I will continue with the rest of it. I'm saying this in case some of you are thinking that I will deliver the entire game in one try.

Ok, something else I will allow you to come up with, if you want, is the part where text describes your character. Example Eirika: The Princess of the Kingdom of Renais. She is elegant and kind. That's what I am referring to. Otherwise, I will just insert something random for your character. If you do want to come up with something yourself, then just look at your character and his/her personality and come up with something. You can include that with your character data.

Update: Because I inserted a couple more animations, I somehow screwed up and have lost all my work. :( This is bad news, but I'm not giving up. To be on the safe side, I simply will not use animations save those from the game itself.

Back ups as in saved copies? I should have thought of it. I thought nothing was going to go wrong.

Anyway, I have inserted the mugs again and have changed the classes adequately. But again, to recolor some sprites...blows.

Well, not really that many. But now I will be smart enough to make a copy of it after making some changes. I can just replace the old copies as I go along so as not to have that many. Maybe three is good, in case the copy also goes bad or something.

Well, good luck on getting back up to where you were, haha.

Thanks. I am nearly done with recoloring the characters that had to be recolored. Some, I won't mention which ones, won't be recolored since the color on the sprite actually matches with the mug colors.

It shouldn't be long before I start posting screens and character data on the first post, just give me some time. Oh yeah, also remind me of stuff I need to do, 'cause I tend to forget.

No big news, but I decided to just make a new mug for one of the characters 'cause I don't like the one with the braid. (The Roland/Raven/Vanessa splice)