Hard mode is too hard

Box

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much better is Lugh vs Lilina? I really tried to make Lilina work but she was just too frail. In my run, Saul capped speed really early so I found him very useful for combat magic.

How much better is Lugh vs Lilina? I really tried to make Lilina work but she was just too frail. In my run, Saul capped speed really early so I found him very useful for combat magic.

Lilina is the equivalent of a nuke when trained. However Lugh beats her in speed.

But Lilina can do some Bolting shenigans that you'd have to abuse mag levels much more on Lugh for.

Sue's a pretty good unit to use in fe6 HM. She might even be underrated. [sort of]

Sue is ok, but outclassed by Shin's con and strength. She couldn't double (attack four times) some enemies with the brave bow because of the massive AS reduction.

Lilina has high magic and good resistance, but is fragile and sort of slow. On hard mode you have to be worried that she will be doubled by some enemies or even one-shotted. In my hard mode run she was a walking target. One papercut could kill her. Pretty much like Micaiah in FE10.

Lugh has less magic, but higher speed. He can double some enemies.

Edited by The Taninator

Well Lugh seems like he's better than Lilina but not as good as Saul. Lugh seems frailer than Saul but not as bad as Lilina. He's got less HP and Speed than Saul but better Luck so I'm not sure how that balances out in practice.

Clarine also seems like she would be better than Lugh with great speed and luck in addition to movement. She's still frail but Lilina's problem was that she was frail and slow so she always died.

Also, for some reason Druids have the highest speed cap of all magic units.

I actually want to see a rigged FE6 LTC so that I can see Lilina's siege tome nuke potential that dondon mentioned.

When I have the time I do actually intend to give this an attempt. Videos and all Edited by Jedi

• 3 weeks later...

I did one play through of Hard mode and from that experience I learned to use Terrain. Stick someone on a forest with weapon triangle advantage and they're practically untouchable. Low hit rates are annoying but when it comes to hard mode they are very much your friend.

Other than chapter 7 and a few of the large castle maps, most of HM is reasonably straight forward. Status staves and siege tomes don't do anyone any favours though.

• 2 years later...