Your Favorite Anime

Oreki san, watashi kininarimasu!

I want to know which anime your favorite are since there is no topic like this, at least i found no topic like this. I have watched many Anime and have read many Manga and Doujinshi but i want to know what other like.

another reason for this topic is for people who don't know anime very well and get a good impression on it, (like some of my Tomodachis at school, who were first like "isn't it this crazy japan shit with tentacle rape and Oppai?" and i introduced them to a good manga(beelzebub) and now they are otakus)

you are allowed to say something like "boku no pico", "Mahou Shouio Ai" or "Kuroinu: Kedakaki Seijou wa Hakudaku ni Somaru" or Doujinshi like "Cult of the Lust God" but i would not recommend it since some people my be new in the world of anime and the majority will look at you in a negative way or pissed off -.-'' and your prestige will drastically sink.

I'd appriciate if you make a top 3 or 5 or whatever and write the tags that are most fitting

My list:

Romance/Psychological>Horror/Splatter

1.School days (Romance, Slice of life) (best Anime in EXISTENCE imo)

2.Sakurasou no pet na kanajou (Romance, Slice of life)+Toradora(Romance, Slice of life)

3.Monogatari Series(Psychological, Romance)+Corpse Party(Horror, Splatter)

4.Shiki(Horror, Splatter)+Mirai Nikki(Splatter, Romance)

5.Akame ga kill(Splatter, Superpower)+Steins;Gate(Time-Travel, Romance)

Edited by Flareragnarok

Are anime movies allowed?

1. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (Action, Adventure, Drama, Military, Fantasy) Truly a Masterpiece, #1 Rated Anime on MyAnimeList for a reason I believe. One of the few animes I highly recommend watching in Dub over Sub.

2. Ghost Hunt (Mystery, Horror, Supernatural, Comedy) A great anime about a team that investigates psychic incidents. Manga continues where the Anime ends.

3. Sword of the Stranger (Action, Historical, Samurai) Anime movie set in the Sengoku period in Japan, has some amazing fight scenes by BONES Animation Studio.

4. Clannad: After Story (Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural) The sequel season to Clannad. I only include this on the list as the second half of After Story brought me to the verge of tears till it was over. One of the most emotional stories I have ever seen.

5. Wolf Children (Fantasy, Family, Slice of Life) Another anime movie, about the life of a mother raising her 2 children who are half-wolf, half-human, and the struggles she goes through.

1. Durarara!

2. Stein's Gate

3. Baccano!

4.Pandora Hearts

5.FREE WITH LESS SKIN Ouran High School Host Club

To lazy to state reasons...

And they're not in my favorite particular order, just listing.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

I'm not the most hardcore anime/manga fan, I haven't really got that far out of only the popular stuff. I spend a lot of time watching movies and TV shows just as much as anime so...

1. Attack on Titan - Despite the over the top fearfulness many of the human characters suffer from, this show is an awesome dark blend of fast-paced action, mystery, drama and suspense. The best thing about the show is you never know who is going to die next, it could be anyone.

2. Death Note - The story is really good, until a certain event. The world's most bizarre serial killer vs. the world's best detective, and it's from the killer's perspective, what could go wrong? A notebook that kills whoevers name is written in it serves as the plot device of the best suspense/detective manga series ever.

3. Bakuman - Kids try to become manga artists, the thing about this manga though is that it seems really realistic, like an actual "how to" tutorial with some genuine drama, comedy and romance mixed in. A bunch of kids striving to enter the art industry, especially good if you have a similar strife. It also gives a really in-depth look at how the anime and manga industry works in Japan, I always enjoy that sort of thing.

4. Sword Art Online - I like when this show is actually serious, which only seems to be in 50% of the arcs. The 1st arc of season 1 is really good, so is the first arc of season 2, then there are all the other arcs which are like "what?" Season 1 first arc is how it opens, a bunch of kids across the country play a virtual reality MMO, then it turns out they can't leave and anyone who dies in it actually dies in real life, adventure ensues.

5. ??? - I don't know what else to put here, I've watched other anime but I don't know one that's worthy to put here.

Edited by Knight

Here are mine, I tend to like older anime better.

1.) Trinity Blood

2.) Vision of Escaflowne

3.) Gun X Sword

4.) Galaxy Railways

5.) Record of Lodoss War

Movies

1.) Howl's Moving Castle

2.) Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust

3.) Kiki's Delivery Service

4.) Spirited Away

5.) Escaflowne

Anime series

1. Ranma 1/2

2. Code Geass / Steins:Gate/ Yu Yu Hakashu

3. Baka and Test/ Gurren Lagann

4. Okami-san and her seven companions

5. Sword Art Online 2 (mostly for Mother Rosario. Season 1 reminded me of .hack to much)/ G Gundam (The only Gundam series I've ever liked)/ Bleach

Movies

1. Summer Wars

2. Kiki's Delivery Service

3. Howl's Moving Castle

4. Spirited Away

5. Fullmetal Alchemist Conqueror of Shamballa

I typically only watch anime based off video games. The Tales of Symphonia OVA (easily my favorite), Ys OVA, F-Zero Falcon Densetsu, and the Fatal Fury animations come to mind.

I also like Detective Conan and RWBY (though my friend has told me that there's debate whether RWBY is actually an anime or not... I'll mention it regardless~)

Anime/Manga series:

1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood:

2. Code Geass R1/R2

3. Persona 4 the Animation/Golden

4. Bleach

5. Death Note/Bakuman (I just can't decide)

6. Naruto

7. Tokyo Ghoul

Edited by YoungXehanort

Hmm it's hard for me to decide i have so many favourites.

Top 10

1. Black Butler

2. Code Geass

3. Black Lagoon

4. Jormungand

5. Another

6. Toradora!

7. Durarara!!

8. Darker Than Black

9. Gurren Lagann

10. Sword Art Online 2

So my list and some reasons why I like them.

1. Gurren Laggan - Hype hype even more hype

2. Code Geass R1/R2 - the tactician I wish I was

3. Durarara! - IZZZAAAYAAAAAAAAA!!!

4. Ghost in the Shell - epic premise. great story. Badass mc. oh, and SPIDER TANKS.

5. Kill la Kill - don't loose your waaay!!!!

lulz

some anime others mentioned, my opinion to them:

Durarara: Izaya and shizou= best "couple" in existence also Square Enix sponsored the anime -> Definetly not a bad anime also i think it is hilarious how Izaya tries speaking russian, he is cerainly better then simon but i still needed the subtitles to get what they were saying.

Another&Death Note: Shhhhhiiiiiiiiittt i totally forgot this @o@ i own every Manga and i don`t even mention it in my most fav list ;__;

Gurren Laggan: This time i am going to watch it for sure, prepare to be actualized my list~

DC/AOT/DBZ/OP/Bleach/Naruto/FMA(B): Hype for a good reason, i hype them too (FMA 1st opening)

Game animations: Overjoy when you played the game, slight confusions but really good impression when not played

Movies: Basically Hayao miazaki (my fav. are "Princess mononoke" and "laputa castle in the sky")

SAO1: i love it, wanted it 5th place but decided other

SAO2: i hate it for a reason

Clannad/-After story: Dem Feelz, got me into the more emotional anime

Ouran high school host club: KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE (Oh god the Nostalgia)

i wonder why nobody mentioned Guilty crown, inou battle wa nichijou-kei no naka de, Jojo`s bizarre adventure or something like this...

Series:

- Cowboy Bebop

- Mobile Suit Gundam

- Space Cruiser Yamato

- Neon Genesis Evangelion

- Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Films:

- Akira

- Princess Mononoke

- Ghost in the Shell

- Millennium Actress

- Grave of the Fireflies

YEAH NOW WE ARE TALKING, LOOK AT THIS

(you somehow remind me of a german guy named ninotaku making anime news on youtube and living in Berlin bc these all were recommended anime by him :P )

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

IDK much about anime but..

1. Clannad/Clannad After Story

2. Nichijou

3. Lucky Star

4. Log Horizon

5. Sword Art Online

As you can tell I like Slice of Life and trapped in a video game anime.

Edited by Lopey

• 2 years later...

I don't watch a lot of anime cause I'm too busy. So here's my favorite anime, in no particular order, out of the one's I've seen.

• Fullmetal Alchemist - My very first anime. I actually cried once during the entire thing. (and no it wasn't Roy Mustang's best bud's death, it was the death of the girl who is inseparable from her dog.)
  • Your lie in April - I never thought I would actually like this series. Then I binge watched it. And cried twice.
  • Gurren Laggan - BELIEVE IN THE ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Pure Memes. And a surprisingly large amount of good character writing and musical references that fit the character.

1. Stein's Gate

2. Berserk

3. Samurai X: Love and Betrayal

4. Planetes

5. Gankutsuou

6. Death Note

7. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

8. Fullmetal Alchemist / Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

9. Neon Genesis Evangellion

10. Fate/Zero

11. Darker Than Black

12. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

13. Durarara!!! 

14. Cowboy Bebop

15. FLCL

Wish I could explain my reasons why, but I don't have time for that at the moment, but I'll explain my individual choices if anyone's curious why.

Edited by Logos