• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care
  2. 2. Demigods?

• Yes, but only lords
    • Yes, both lords and others
    • No
    • Don't care

FE already borrows a lot from mythology. But I can't think of an ancient culture that doesn't have its gods/goddesses interacting with mortals in their legends, sometimes even having romantic relations with them and producing demigods. My question is, would you like to see something like this in FE? Would you like a lord who's a demigod, would you like to see more than just a few mentions of the world's divine creators/protectors?

I wouldn't mind it. A lot of the FE worlds need more world building for religion. Tellius did the most out of the ones I've played. Elibe has St. Elimine, who we hardly hear anything about. Magvel's gods are mentioned even less, unless you count the evil Demon King.

And a demigod lord would be cool. They don't have to be uber powerful and they don't even have to know they're a demigod from the beginning. Them finding out can be an important plot point.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since Gods tend to be dragons in Fire Emblem it means more half dragons and half dragons are always cool. I'd like to see a lord who is half dragon, uses a sword in their base class but can use swords and dragonstones in their promoted class with dragonstones being super rare but super powerful. Maybe even only one.

Well since Gods tend to be dragons in Fire Emblem it means more half dragons and half dragons are always cool. I'd like to see a lord who is half dragon, uses a sword in their base class but can use swords and dragonstones in their promoted class with dragonstones being super rare but super powerful. Maybe even only one.

Wow that seems a bit overpowered, but cool anyway.

Edited by Dragoncat

But Naga said that she and Grima weren't really gods. I don't know about any of the others though, the only actual FE gods I know of are Ashera and Yune, who have only taken human forms and even used to be just one human god named Ashunera. So a god doesn't necessarily have to be a dragon.

I'd prefer that they weren't one anyway, unless they looked more like the laguz instead of the manaketes.

But more religion building would be okay with me, though it's not easy to get me interested in that. I was never that into religion.

Edited by Anacybele

Yes, definetly

A friend of mine and me are still beginners at this but we are planning to do a hack like that with gods, demigods, angels and stuff like that

also it is a transapocalyptical story

it will have norse mythology as base and not greek

don`t expect us to do stuff like blazer or arch, we are still beginners and we still have to learn and improve

Edited by Flareragnarok

But Naga said that she and Grima weren't really gods. I don't know about any of the others though, the only actual FE gods I know of are Ashera and Yune, who have only taken human forms and even used to be just one human god named Ashunera. So a god doesn't necessarily have to be a dragon.

I'd prefer that they weren't one anyway, unless they looked more like the laguz instead of the manaketes.

But more religion building would be okay with me, though it's not easy to get me interested in that. I was never that into religion.

Meh. Super powerful unkillable entity that was here when the world started vs super powerful unkillable entity that has existed since before modern humans. No difference really. People are gonna worship them none the less.

Meddlesome deities? No, get out.

Any reason why you think that way? Only thing I can think of is you think it would be ripping off Greek/Eqyptian/etc mythology?

Any reason why you think that way? Only thing I can think of is you think it would be ripping off Greek/Eqyptian/etc mythology?

Not sure why I let myself post that earlier...

Personal issues. I've no use for gods. Let's leave it at that, please.

I thought a little about the demigod idea from a gameplay perspective. Specifically about a unit having special abilities.

There'd need to be consequences for using these special abilities. Say a unit uses an ability--buff the entire army temporarily, unleash a powerful AoE attack, warp the entire army, etc--then leaves the map and can't participate in the next chapter or two. Storywise, maybe using these special powers puts them in a coma for a couple days or a week, I dunno. But the unit would have to be one you'd like to use regularly, or else you'd just spam the abilities as often as possible... Having certain chapters be beatable only with an ability is a cop-out preventative measure...

Uh, so, yeah. I just think it'd be neat if there was something that caused certain units to "take a rest period", and applied that here.

Meh. If it got involved too much it would drastically change the tone of FE, if you have the religious themselves be players. With the current tone, it just sort of seems like this would be shoehorned in.

As for the gods having an active role, we already basically have that in Naga, Tiki in Awakening (sort of), the Divine Dragons in 4 (especially Forseti), Doma and his sister whose name I can't remember, and Ashunera, not to mention the devil analogues.

The only games that really lack religious god-type figures are the Elibe games and FE8 where the legendary figures are purely historical military heroes. Ironically, these probably have some of the more developed, traditional religious establishments, Tellius being the only one that might be above them.

As for demigods, that's basically the crusaders/holy weapon users in 4/5, characters with powers bestowed by the "gods." Along those lines, I'm down with the manakete lord idea. Maybe make his dragon stone his super weapon, like BB for Roy.

To the point of my ramblings: unless you're going to have a religious conflict, trying to incorporate much more religion (aside from maybe supports) would just seem forced. I'm perfectly fine with FE doing a plotline like this, but I don't think they should make a habit of it, nor would I be terribly upset if they didn't.

Edited by bottlegnomes

FExMarvel Universe:Asgard would be so interesting.

Shame that once Thor joins, you've pretty much hit the easy button unless something ridiculous happens.

Beta Ray Bill would be the BEST mid-game joiner.

Personal issues. I've no use for gods. Let's leave it at that, please.

I don't have any personal use for setting people on fire from a distance but it's something that serves me well in Fire Emblem.

(not trying to start something. Just making a shoddy attempt at perspective humor).

religion building could be interesting, as long as it isn't the integral part of the narrative a.k.a. the entire narrative lies on lore rather than actual characterization or development

no useable demigods since it breaks the balance from a gameplay perspective.

Now that I think about it wasn't Micaiah kinda a demi-god being the "voice" of Yune or whatever and eventually even being possesed by her?

EDIT: I guess this would even fit Tiki in this category?

Edited by TacoMan42

I'm for all kind of world building as long as it's not in form of an infodump. Supports are the right place for that.

I'm not overly fond of demigod stories, but if it's done well, why not.

Now that I think about it wasn't Micaiah kinda a demi-god being the "voice" of Yune or whatever and eventually even being possesed by her?

Not really. Demigods are the children of mortals and gods, which neither of those are.

But you're on the right track. And I'll just say that I love how Yune took the form of a little birdy.

I don't think I've ever heard someone being called a demi-god just because a gods speaks to them or chooses to speak through them. Usually it's something like being a mortal with partial divine parentage or a minor deity of sort.

I guess a appropiate term for Micaiah would be more something like a priest, a prophet or Yune's private secretary.

Edit: Dang, I got ninja'd... by twelve minutes... I really need to stop making so many rewrites for something that amounts to 3 lines in the end.

Edited by BrightBow

As long as it doesn't lead to the JRPG cliche of "Oh no, it turns out the god is evil, let's kill it!" then I'm fine with it. I said no to demi-god lord because I fear it might become this sort of thing but if not then I'm fine with that.

Edited by Knight

Though I'm not sure how I feel about a demigod story I'm all for exploring more into the world's religion. It would be great to explore how it is integrated into the world and what the characters actually believe in.

As long as it doesn't lead to the JRPG cliche of "Oh no, it turns out the god is evil, let's kill it!" then I'm fine with it. I said no to demi-god lord because I fear it might become this sort of thing but if not then I'm fine with that.

RD was kinda that. Ashera wasn't evil I guess, but she DID try to kill everyone and start over...