What kind of youtubers/videos do you watch on youtube?

Let's Plays for the most part, for the next part music. Sometimes other stuffs mixed iiiiiin

Probably the only well known LPs I watch are.... the channel I don't watch fairly often ^o^ And that would be the Yogscast (mostly from BlueXephos/Lewis and Simon). Oh well actually there was also SocialDissonance/TeamworkCast for the Monster Hunter related videos~

Others that I watch/watched frequently are... maybe even in order of discovery... KickButtToaster, gevault, SplitableInfinitive, RockPaperMario, Buttvault (a group that DIED that included those former four), PyrodragonXII, 0xfoo, Hadonia37, and GoodEntertainment (which involved KickButtToaster and gevault)

I have only once found somebody else who knew any of those lesser known channels/LPers I listed so I am super curious to see if I can find any more... Mostly the reason I pay more attention to those lesser known channels is all because... well, the very first LP I ever came across was KickButtToaster's, and then I ended up finding aaaaaaall the rest chaining from that channel. And I've also preferred the lesser known ones for the comment sections that have waaaaay less drama than the popular LPers with much larger fanbases/hatebases

Edited by Freohr Datia

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont subscribe or regularly watch anyone on youtube and i dont understand the fascination with LPs, but ive seen a couple of "Game Theory" shows recently and i like what they do

Same, I mean, multiplayer games are fun to watch and get hype off of but singeplayer LP's...? I feel like I need the person physically next to me to make it fun so it's not a 1 sided interaction thing. Even worse when it's something like Fire Emblem and the LP is done through text+screenshots

Here's a few of my subscriptions that I watch more than others:

AngryJoeShow

ashens

Caddicarus

DidYouKnowGaming?

dodgedlol

GameGrumps

gbay99

JonTronShow

OverClocked ReMix

PewDiePie

ProJared

RBS 6 Nations

Sky WIlliams

Smooth McGroove

sp4zie

TamashiiHiroka

TeamFourStar

The Game Theorists

The Geek Critique

The Slow Mo Guys

Top Gear

videogamedunkey

Vsauce

YongYea

Games and comedy channels in general i guess. I do watch a few documentaries/informative films every now and then. Otherwise, i stick to humour and something that'll make me crack up laughing

Even worse when it's something like Fire Emblem and the LP is done through text+screenshots

Well, i dont mind seeing those if the captions are a laugh. If they're all boring and monotonous, then i agree with ya

Jeez.

Uh, here's part of the list.

The NormalBoots guys [DYK Gaming, Jontron, Projared, The Completionist, and several others]

Egoraptor [When he do the sequelitis stuff yearly]

Game Theory &Co.

James Rolfe's stuff in general [Aka. AVGN]

Doug Walker's stuff [Nostalgia Critic, etc.]

Linkara

Angry Joe

Ben the Sage

Cinema Sins

Matt Santoro

Rhett and Link

Smosh [shoot me. I mainly watched the "what if ____ were real]

Smosh Games [Meh]

Watch Mojo

Brentalfloss

HISHE

TamashiiHiroka

Vsauce 1, 2, &3

Lewtoons

Underbelly

Geek Crash Course

Team4star

Rob Dyke

Mentalfloss

Jwitzz

Black Nerd Comedy

ERB

Noah Antwiler

Quirkology

Screen Junkies

SciShow

NesDrunk

ScrewAttack

The Gaming Historian

National Dex

Why would you want to eat that?

Hellthy Junk Food

I think that's a small part of what I watch on a bi-weekly basis. I tried to watch Game Sack, but they're just too slow for me.

I guess toss in all the major Channel Awesome people, since I do watch alot of their shows on occasion.

dspgaming, it's hilarious

dspgaming is okay actually but i get why people make fun of him a lot

id rather experience it by playing it

But, different strokes

mmhm but yeah it's really about the LPer(s) and how entertaining they are. i don't think i've ever met anyone who watching longplays and video walkthroughs without commentary for their entertainment. it also helps for people who want to watch a game because they don't have fun with the core gameplay or it's too hard for them to complete themselves

Yeah it's really about the entertainers themselves

If that's not your cup of tea that's fine

But for me it's fun watching others experience a game

My favourite LP ever is a Twilight Princess one, I've played Twilight Princess a looooooooot on my own but the gals playing it are incredibly silly and witty together and they always leave me laughing (it doesn't even matter to me how they get seriously lost and can be kinda bad at it sometimes x3). I guess what helps it be entertaining the most is that they're having such a good time playing it, it's like I have a great time watching others have a great time