Lunatic Advice

Hi, so I'm playing this game on Lunatic, and I'm on Anri's way (ch11). When should I start promoting my units? Lv 15? Stat caps? Just for reference here are my unprompted units in case there are some exceptions.

Luke lv15 myrm: capped speed, skill 13 str

Merric lv 12 mage: in training

Catria lv 16 peg: capped speed 14 str

Rody lv 16 archer: 17 str 19 skill and speed

Horribly str screwed lv 17 Palla: peg 11 str and 18 spd.

Caeda lv 15 peg: 10 str capped speed and luck.

Draug lv 14 pirate: 16 str capped speed 5 def

If you need some more stats I will be happy to give them for you, but I listed the "important" stats above. Are there any units ready for promotion?

Short answer: It depends

Long answer: Do you want a Falcoknight? If so, hold off on one of Catria/Caeda, as you get the Whip this chapter (IIRC). In terms of priority, I'd go with Luke and Rody first; the former gets Wyrmslayers, and the latter hits those flying pieces of crap for critical damage. Next is Catria (I prefer using her as a Falocknight, but YMMV) - Dragonpike + flying is a huge boon on the next chapter. I'd drop Palla unless she's super-tanky or something, and promote Draug only if there's a spare Seal or something (axes get better once Chapter 15 rolls around). Caeda should function as a unit, and she'll be useful a bit later, but I'm not fond of her Strength. Merric needs more love!

Does 12 Def count as "super tanky"? :D

Who should I replace her with? (not an unpromote obviously)

I want Catria for my Falco, because Caeda wants that +4 Str and Def. Should I promote Luke at base and promote Rody once he hits the spd cap?

Edited by momogeek2141

Perhaps base arena Rody up so that he hits those caps, then promote him? He's going to be busy in the desert, because those wyverns aren't going to kill themselves!

You can use Wendell/Etzel as staffbots (they can also wield Excalibur, which should help). For combat, MAYBE Minerva or Sirius. Jeorge will work if and only if you think you can keep two bow users safe - Parthia's a big help.

Promote Rody, Luke, Caeda, Draug, Palla (and yeah, Catria to Falco after C11) right now, it will help you a ton. Level 15 or unpromoted capped stats are unimportant, you will cap your stats as a promote once you need it. Don't promote Merric yet unless Wyverns OHKO him for highest exp gain as his bases are low-ish at that point. I don't know which promoted units you've been using, but having Sirius keep up helps a lot, as he can solidly rotate between DK and SM, depending on what you need, he also makes a decent Sniper on some chapters (like C11!). He needs an Angel Robe to be solid longterm, but that's worth it (and can actually be like, way postponed).

Edited by Gradivus.

Yeah, I've been using Sirius for a while now, and his only problem is his middling speed. I'll get Draug and Rody a level in base(I don't like that 5 def) and promote them. I will be training Merric this chapter and possibly the next, he needs the exp. I'm still not sure about Palla, she isn't as godly as the tier list says (all of her other stats are about average.)

Oh, believe me, she's there because she deserves to be there. She's kinda crazy. Silver Lance access unpromoted gives her really ridiculous offense right away when you factor in that she has 9 absolute base spd. She can honestly take the Ch3 Master Seal and still be great. In your case, you probably neglected her for a bit (shes suuuper underleveled) and she also got str screwed. But even the best of units can be screwed, it's just how the RNG is.

Whoops, that's not what I meant to say. I meant that MY Palla isn't as good as the average Palla, she deserves her spot. I think I will stick with her, as she's on par with Minerva when she promotes. I may hold Draug's promotion because I'm not sure if I have enough seals. I didn't know Palla was underleveled, I tried to focus more exp into Rody and Draug until they became on par with the rest. Thanks for the help though.