Should there be a separate subforum for Let's Plays?

ghast

Yeah, so I'm about to upload another LP of Death Or Glory. But I got to thinking, there's been a wicked influx of LP's going on in the hacking section. And I'm also responsible since I have 3 separate LP threads. But I get the feeling that I'm clogging up/bumping threads that aren't actual projects. I feel p bad, but at the same time this is kind of the most reliable venue where I can get views on my LP's (And other people's with their LP's as well.)

It is for sure taking away traffic in a forum that should be all about actual projects, it'd be a good fit for LP's to be all concentrated together as well.

Thoughts?

Edited by Tangerine

If the fad continues for years then maybe

Imo they boost the reputation and activity of their respective subforums. Keep LPs as is

If the fad continues for years then maybe

Imo they boost the reputation and activity of their respective subforums. Keep LPs as is

I'd rather not come to the hacking forum and see 5 Let's Plays, often of the same hack - I'd rather see actual hacks respective threads.

Edited by Siuloir

I was thinking it would be a subforum under ROM Hacking, perhaps?

It would seem fitting to have like

Hacking Resources

Hacking Questions

Hacking Concepts

Romhack Let's Plays

?

For example, there's LPs of non-FE games.

There is? I didn't know that haha.

Edited by Ghast

A LP subforum would be an awesome thing to have and it would promote a lot of ROM hacks/other games.

ONE of you post the suggestion here, if you're all serious.

Personally, I wouldn't mind one, but where exactly would that subforum go? For example, there's LPs of non-FE games.

Probably would put it under General Forums as its own and then split it up into FE/non-FE with the main LP forum as a guideline/FAQ/etc. place to go to start up.

A LP subforum would be an awesome thing to have and it would promote a lot of ROM hacks/other games.

Probably would put it under General Forums as its own and then split it up into FE/non-FE with the main LP forum as a guideline/FAQ/etc. place to go to start up.

Do you mean the ROM hack LP subforum in General Forums? I think it would be wise to have it within ROM hacking, but we may be thinking the same thing and I'm misinterpreting you

Do you mean the ROM hack LP subforum in General Forums? I think it would be wise to have it within ROM hacking, but we may be thinking the same thing and I'm misinterpreting you

I mean the former because I personally think that LPs should be stuck together but I don't actually know the popularity of non-FE LPs, of which may have little to none, so if the non-FE games lack lots of LPs, your idea would be better in that case.

Edited by sarinomu

I'm not super familiar with Other Games, but if this were to happen, I think it would be contradictory to have an LP subforum that isn't one click away from the ROM projects forum and the like. You know?

I feel like it should be up there as a subforum with Hacking concepts, etc. called something like Let's Plays and Guides, seeing someone posted a guide to Elibian Nights rather than it being a let's play. I mean, if you want to look at a let's play wouldn't you usually want to look only at that let's play? Sometimes people just want to focus on hacks, other times, let's plays. When both are on the same forum it can be annoying, as one can overshadow the other.

Edited by Yui Hirasawa

We are very unlikely to make a section specifically for romhacking LPs. A RH LP section is far too specific for a forum of our size and scope and would not have enough support to warrant it. In all likelihood, if there is going to be a section for them, it will be in Other Games and LPs for all games will be allowed there. OG is visited by a much larger portion of the community than RH and it will get more attention either way.

Truthfully I don't know if the trend is popular enough here to even earn a subsection, so if we do end up trying it out and the activity doesn't warrant a section, then it will likely be folded and they can be made in OG like most LPs are already to avoid cluttering RH. I'm already doing something similar with the MMO section; users requested one be made, so I created it, moved the relevant threads there that I could find (unless they were terribly old), and am giving them a year or so to show us it can be active enough to warrant having its own section.

I've been thinking about doing something with OG, so I'll open up a discussion on an LP/misc subsection for it after that and we'll see what happens.

Edited by Tangerine

Yeah, the reason I don't post my LPs in the general fire emblem section is because they get way more views in the romhacking section. Sure, general gaming is more frequented than the romhacking forum, but the romhacking forum is way more frequented than general fire emblem. It goes in tiers! If I had a specific section for LPs, I'd use it.

Well I think I'm pretty well done organizing and setting up the section. There were a lot more LPs across the forum than I expected when I said I wasn't sure if the trend was popular enough on SF to deserve a sub-forum. I don't leave the social sections enough, clearly!

Hopefully you'll all be happy with it, but if not (or even if so), let me know if you guys have any other suggestions.

Edited by Tangerine