New 3DS Fire Emblem game

Shadow Stalker X

Me too, sort of.

I'd like to think that can imply more range 1-2 bows, but that's wishful thinking, unless there's some other reason it has a disadvantage against swords...

Unless being at range one is an automatic disadvantage for bow users, hurting them even more.

Bow users just can't catch a break, it seems...

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at this...

Jan_006.jpg

If that enemy unit's using a bow, is it possible the weapon triangle got reworked, seeing as his weapon has a down arrow on it?

From this, I wonder what other changes could they bring up in the game? And here I thought I would go to sleep after seeing this, now I can't haha.

What picks my curiosity a bit more, we'll be getting new kinds of monsters/creatures in this game? Based on the stone head creature and the strange beast in the last bit of gameplay. It would be very amazing to see new monsters, like in Sacred Stones.

And I guess I'm positive about having a new writer too but I'm more worried about the entire direction of the game. If the IS staff wants more scumbags like Tharja and present them unironically as charming and completly loveable despite all the evidence to the contrary, then there is not a whole lot a writer can do about that.

Of course, the mere fact that they announced a new writer in the first place probably means that they are hoping to benefit from his reputation... but it could also be that they want to hint that the story is breaking away from Awakening.

...man, I wish I wouldn't have to grasp at straws to become positive about this.

Anyway, has anyone ever heard of that writer?

I have not.

I have to say though, the game certainly has a different feel from Awakening. I noticed this particularly with the lighting in some of the screenshots. I hope this is a move into a less awakening like story.

Looking at this...

Jan_006.jpg

If that enemy unit's using a bow, is it possible the weapon triangle got reworked, seeing as his weapon has a down arrow on it?

What interests me is the green-haired assassin chick near the top surrounded by tier 1s. If this game's Jeigan/Oifey is an assassin, that probably indicates a resistance movement rather than a proper army or kingdom. But there appears to be an EXTREMELY regal-looking lord which suggests to me that there might be multiple storylines/protagonist groups.

i want to be optimistic, but everything about it seems to be very much holding to fe13's pattern. maybe i should do some research into the writer they mentioned to see if they've written anything decent, but for now, colour me extremely sceptical and extremely suspcious

what he said

Man, I just saw this trailer and realized this new game is based on Japan. I really hope there's some new classes to show this off (Ninjas, anyone? The return of the Knife weapon type?).

That one girl in the beginning is gonna cause a shitstorm of waifuing, holy fuck.

Since shin kibayashi's (bloody monday, kindachi case files) writing it we may or may not get a whole load of mysteries stories for this fire emblem. Or characters with 100 different names.

The game story itself seems like a west vs east affair (if you look at all the contrasting weapon and armory styles and location influences).

Edited by dap005

I got a long day today and now I'll be thinking about this all day. RIP

They gave WTD to archers at melee range and now all they have to do is make the effective bonus 1.1x and Archers will be top tier. May as well remove them how broken they'll be.

From this, I wonder what other changes could they bring up in the game? And here I thought I would go to sleep after seeing this, now I can't haha.

What picks my curiosity a bit more, we'll be getting new kinds of monsters/creatures in this game? Based on the stone head creature and the strange beast in the last bit of gameplay. It would be very amazing to see new monsters, like in Sacred Stones.

I was just about to get off, but I guess that won't happen, at least for a while...

Probably.

I wonder if this game will come with improvements like character feet :)

*snipes*

My guess is that they added more pixels to the dialog boxes.

Pls go Int.

A bunch of shit I noticed. The scene at 1:19 is in first person view which is why I believe there is a MU.

Obviously dual system is back.

1:26 the chick that was dual guarding had a shield and lance... on foot. OMG Halberdiers?!

1:26 was full of fuck. There was a fan casting ice magic then the axe chick had fire coming out of her weapon. Her animations are very similar to fighter axe swipes. Female fighters?

1:28 that's obviously not a human. Maybe FE8 monsters are coming back.

That beautiful blonde paladin is making Perceval, Eldigan, and Camus proud~

There is a lot of going back and forth between the medival looking characters and the eastern looking characters. The last bit at 1:46 where beautful paladin man fights angry samurai man probably implies some sort of conflict. Considering that there isn't some obvious looking big bad, maybe this game will focus on political tension. That's be pretty sweet, like a Jugdral throwback.

Loving the looks of this game so far. The Eastern flair is very cool, and it looks like we might be getting some cool new weapon and class combos. I love the flat-faced golem-thing from the beginning, too, very unique! It may seem silly, but one of my favourite things so far was simply the map-to-battle transition; it was smooth and well done. Overall, very excited!

Man, when I saw that golem thing, I actually lost my shit. I have no idea what the hell's going on with that, but I love it. Golems for playable 2015.

... Actually, I wonder if we would get playable monsters in this game. Probably not, since you can't waifu those, but... y'never know.