New 3DS Fire Emblem game

Shadow Stalker X

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tumblr_ni6di4x6101u3ht9io2_1280.png

Yeah, it doesn't look much like the portrait of the character TBH

(truthfully, I can't tell that well though)

Wait a second.

Is that a Dark Knight on the map? Since the characters only have 20-25 HP, they must be early in the game. Having a Dark Knight that early feels out of place.

Also, you can see the commander and a Swordmaster cut off at the top.

I wonder if this is the Mortal Kombat X to Awakening's Mortal Kombat 9. MK9 was a reboot as well as a fanservice game by Ed Boon's own admission. MKX is set in the same continuity but with many different and new characters.

Of course, that would be only in spirit since I don't think they'd canonize any of the Awakening pairings.

The art style is largely similar to Awakening (I'm NOT speaking of character designs but art style), which I like. I wonder if it'll be at least New 3DS enhanced.

With nonsense like time traveling children out of the picture, the story already has a brighter future.

Wait a second.

Is that a Dark Knight on the map? Since the characters only have 20-25 HP, they must be early in the game. Having a Dark Knight that early feels out of place.

Or this could be mid game and they toned down the caps. The cavalier has yellow HP bar and so does the dark knight which means they both have relatively low health. Assuming they kept the dual system aspects of pair up without the actual stat boosting of pair up, it would make sense for the enemies to have lower stats.

Or this could be EZ modo.

Hmm, I'm getting a Japanese-vibe from some of the footage.

Weebiest Fire Emblem yet. Belinda and I love the new character designs. We want a dancer lord.

Also, translations if you want it (even though I'm probably slow):

tumblr_ni6dwdLS2g1rmzb08o5_1280.png

tumblr_ni6dwdLS2g1rmzb08o4_1280.png

tumblr_ni6dwdLS2g1rmzb08o3_1280.png

tumblr_ni6dwdLS2g1rmzb08o2_1280.png

tumblr_ni6dwdLS2g1rmzb08o6_1280.png

Wait wasn't this girl a peg knight?

Her map sprite shows her as a cavalier here

Reclass confirmed?

Edit: nevermind, the cavalier is an enemy and she's still a peg knight

Edited by Nobody

YO IS THAT A FEMALE AXE USER

THAT HAS MAGIC????

WANT

So excited for this

I hope it's more of an old school FE than awakening, but even if it's like awakening, I WANT IT.

I wonder if the stats inflation will get even higher, though

I wonder if this'll eventually turn into Epic Battle Fantasy where units start dealing 10,000 points of damage per hit.

Wait a second.

This actually looks really cool. I think it shows more variety in enemies early on, adding more stressors to the player in earlier levels. I'd love to see how this works in the actual game!

It would be cool if they included SSB4 FE series amiibo support so you could download Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina as extra characters, kind of like Awakening's Spotpass characters.

I doubt they would do that, but it would be pretty awesome

Wait wasn't this girl a peg knight?

Her map sprite shows her as a cavalier here

Reclass confirmed?

Wat. No, she's fighting a cavalier. She's the one on the blue tile, with wings.

Hi everyone! Did a quick analysis/translation, mostly relevant for character names and some vague contexts and such:

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2015/01/14/fire-emblem-14-trailer-translation-commentary/

Here are the relevant details on the characters... I don't want to make too much of a mess of this post though: (Link has screen shots and such with it, times below are where in the trailer it is).

1:02 - カザハナ "Kazahana" is the character on the left. Using a sword. Seems to be myrmidon or equivalent. The person on the right has the title "暗夜兵" (Anyahei), or "Soldier of the Dark Night"

1:11 - ヒノカ "Hinoka" is the character on the left. Using a lance. Appears to be a Pegasus Knight or equivalent. Once again versus the same "Anyahei" above.

1:20 - フェリシア "Ferishia" (Felicia?) is the character speaking. She is saying, "朝ですよ~カムイ様。起きてくださ~い。" ("It's morning, Kamui-sama, please wake up~") Kamui must be another character.

1:21 - ガンズ "Ganzu" is the character on the right. He's saying, "ふふふ・・・噂通りの甘っちょろい王子様だ。” ("Fufufu~ the rumored, optimistic Prince")

1:23 - マークス "Maakusu" (Max?) is the character here. He's saying, ”何でことを・・・! 父上が悪であるはずがない!” ("What the?! Father cannot be evil!")

EDIT: Sorry, saw someone translated it already! Well hope it comes in handy anyway!

Edited by Kirokan

Weebiest Fire Emblem yet. Belinda and I love the new character designs. We want a dancer lord.

Also, translations if you want it (even though I'm probably slow):

tumblr_ni6dwdLS2g1rmzb08o5_1280.png

tumblr_ni6dwdLS2g1rmzb08o4_1280.png

tumblr_ni6dwdLS2g1rmzb08o3_1280.png

tumblr_ni6dwdLS2g1rmzb08o2_1280.png

tumblr_ni6dwdLS2g1rmzb08o6_1280.png

Ooh so his name was Max go Integrity \o/

And yes FE4 thread was already discussing you and the dancer~

I was hoping MAX THE HUNK would be lord but he looks like he might be an enemy or something because he's dressed in very dark, enemy-like clothing

Aaaaaaaaaand it'd make most sense that the character they focused on most was the lord and also the blue-haired one x3

Also https://41.media.tumblr.com/7f273f4f0b6f8a1ac85da5735e63388f/tumblr_ni6di4x6101u3ht9io2_1280.pngthat looks like his sprite on the enemy's side (yet also it shows him attacking a generic, I saw somebody have a theory that you could play either side... or maybe even more than two sides because the trailer went through scenes of the porcupine-head guy and Max and the dancer in a row which made me think those three were the important ones...)

IDK MAN I guess we'll see

And somehow I've completely missed this... -__-

Looks exciting so far, the gameplay probably wouldn't be too different from Awakening. I hope this one has a better story though.

Indeed, that was my main issue with Awakening. Here's hoping the change of story/writer to Shin Kibayashi helps rather than detracts.

@shadowofchaos and @kirokan- thanks for the translations.

I think the maids might be talking to a new mu. Maybe its a default name? Or a last name mass effect style? I don't know if thats more of a first or last name in japanese though...

@shadowofchaos and @kirokan- thanks for the translations.

I think the maids might be talking to a new mu. Maybe its a default name? Or a last name mass effect style? I don't know if thats more of a first or last name in japanese though...

You are most welcome! I wonder about them being a new MU, I would have thought that would be an advertised returning feature, such as how they showed pair ups and such. Regardless, I look forward to just how heavy the apparent "choice" system that will be coming, though. : )

I hope to translate Japanese sites/magazines that will start talking about it, I hope, to get more info on the matter in the coming weeks/months.

You are most welcome! I wonder about them being a new MU, I would have thought that would be an advertised returning feature, such as how they showed pair ups and such. Regardless, I look forward to just how heavy the apparent "choice" system that will be coming, though. : )

I hope to translate Japanese sites/magazines that will start talking about it, I hope, to get more info on the matter in the coming weeks/months.

That would be awesome, be sure to keep us posted.

I'm kinda hoping that the choces mean they are bringing back branching paths like some people are suggesting. I really liked those in 6 and 8.

@Ryo they should just rename lunatic+ to pain. It would be much more descriptive.

Can't wait for the western release for some folks to complain about name/localization choices.

Although if there is gonna be a Japanese voice option again, I hope it actually saves the choice on a reset.