New 3DS Fire Emblem game

Shadow Stalker X

I noticed that too; I wonder if melee weapons will also be able to have a variety of elements, allowing them to shake up the Weapon/Magic Triangle. Man, there's so much stuff to dissect in that trailer.

Hmm, having stacking effect from both Weapon/Magic Triangle. Also, the two characters seem to have similar design. It's probably because they're related story wise and come from the same area, but I wonder if it couldn't be possible that mages are again separated by magic type (like fire mage, thunder mage) and that the 'eastern' Ice Mage use talismans and Fire Mages use maces. Just speculations.

But it's true there's a surprising amount of little details despite it being only a short teaser

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, in the last bit of CG cutscenes, all 3 characters seem to have a flaming colored aura. Purplish black for Max/Mark, red for the opposing swordsman and blue for the dancer.

Edited by LuxSpes

Also, in the last bit of CG cutscenes, all 2 characters seem to have a flaming colored aura. Purplish black for Max/Mark, red for the opposing swordsman and blue for the dancer.

minor point but this should be "both" and not "all 2."

minor point but this should be "both" and not "all 2."

It's because I meant to say all 3 but typoed

Yeah I noticed those auras, I was wondering what they were about

What if there's multiple fire emblems (or the original one has been shattered) and they're all holding one?

I am curious as to why the JP version decided to go with 'if' in their working title. Reminds me too much of SMT: If..., the game that eventually spawned the Persona series.

This has probably been beaten to death but idgaf. But based off of what Iwata stated, the 'If' probably refers to the choices we make through out the game. From this I can gather that there will be a huge emphasis on your choices having an impact, which is a plus for me. I hated how in Awakening we had the illusion of choice, and only one choice at the very end mattered (somewhat).

The illusion of choice has been a huge problem for me in Japanese games lately, and I'm really glad Fire Emblem If is hopefully not doing this.

I just still can't believe this is happening right now. :D

I'm just hoping we can this by the end of the year. SO much hype! SO much rejoicing! :newyears:

I was pretty surprised since I woke up just as they were announcing it

Hopefully it will get localized before Christmas. (I am very much hyped right now)

It's because I meant to say all 3 but typoed

Has this happened before because I could swear i've seen this before

Anyway ontopic if it is the clash of the east and the west it definitely sounds interesting

any significance for this blue haired guy in the seemingly important painting?

or is IS just trolling me for anything looking like marth

His armor doesn't look anything like Marth and his sword is a katana, not the Falchion. But I was wondering myself if the blue hair had any importance.

Edited by LuxSpes

unyxbipj3vsbqaelwfe0.png

(Borrowing this image because I'm too lazy to upload it again...)

Looking at the Dark Knight, we can see that she(?) apparently doesn't have a generic enemy/NPC head. Being that she's not the boss (who's shown above), could it be that she's a recruitable enemy?

Edited by Ryo

Anyway ontopic if it is the clash of the east and the west it definitely sounds interesting

I'm hoping the conflict for this game stems away from the formula of, "You guys are evil. Imma stab you with my stick" and more to, "Hey, we have differing view points that we can't resolve. You may have sense in your words but I have to stand for my beliefs" If we look at this from the whole, "choices" point, any potential choices made regarding my enemy would be pretty simple. I want the effect of Mustafa's final words in Awakening or Henry and Ricken's support. I want to feel a semblance of guilt from mowing down these people. Every choice counts, right?

Looking at the Dark Knight, we can see that she(?) apparently doesn't have a generic enemy/NPC head. Being that she's not the boss (who's shown above), could it be that she's a recruitable enemy?

Could also be a unique enemy. The non-boss kind

Edited by Sorin

His armor doesn't look anything like Marth and his sword is a katana, not the Falchion. But I was wondering myself if the blue hair had any importance.

yeah i guess i'm sorta grasping on the hair fact

since he's literally in a generic swordmaster outfit

i just want more info nintendo pls

Yeah definitely hoping for something more deeper than evil vs good. ftr i've only played SD and awakening fully so if this does indeed happen( in a game that isn't FE4) show me!

Edited by Junk

I'm hoping the conflict for this game stems away from the formula of, "You guys are evil. Imma stab you with my stick" and more to, "Hey, we have differing view points that we can't resolve. You may have sense in your words but I have to stand for my beliefs" If we look at this from the whole, "choices" point, any potential choices made regarding my enemy would be pretty simple. I want the effect of Mustafa's final words in Awakening or Henry and Ricken's support. I want to feel a semblance of guilt from mowing down these people. Every choice counts, right?

IS give this man a cookie!

Definitely agree with this. One of the low point of Awakening was how the enemies were pretty much all generic villains and the Grimleal were just worshiping a doomsday dragon for no seemingly logical reason. The permadeath systems makes you feel the weight of your poor decisions (or poor RNG luck) regarding your characters, but having a similar feeling for the opponents would humanize the world.

Wow, nice catch. I do wonder why there's a dark knight at what appears to be pretty early in the game. Considering the two units shown have about 22-23 HP each, this has gotta be one of the first five chapters; that's a bit early for promoted units to get thrown in.

I didn't read all 15 pages, so I apologize if this was already stated.

Has it been confirmed that this isn't smtxFE? Some of the images I'm seeing and some fan theories on some of it almost make me believe it is. Obviously SMTxFE was announced for he wii u and this is for the 3ds, but...

I didn't read all 15 pages, so I apologize if this was already stated.

Has it been confirmed that this isn't smtxFE? Some of the images I'm seeing and some fan theories on some of it almost make me believe it is. Obviously SMTxFE was announced for he wii u and this is for the 3ds, but...

Yes these are two seperate games entirely

I haven't read this thread, so this might have been thought of, but going along with the thought that this game revolves around 2 armies and bigger choices; I think it would be very interesting if each side had it's own lord (giving you the choice of sides to fight for), which, if true, would seem to be Marx and whomever he is fighting in the red, possibly. With that said, I'm would be interested in seeing how they would incorporate an evil force when both sides could be fought for, and how they would be tied together. I'm curious too about the dancer and her role between the sides. She completely mesmerized me with her dance.