New 3DS Fire Emblem game

Shadow Stalker X

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, it's a bit too soon to tell, but I'm guessing at the very earliest this upcoming Wednesday, when Famitsu scans come out. There's no way Famitsu isn't going to have at least some kind of scoop on the game. Though how long it'll take for all of the text to be properly translated is another matter entirely.

Not a lot of time unless they have a massive feature.

Which is unlikely given the short time.

Plus IMO the magazines rarely have anything worthwhile to translate; it's usually the screenshots and art that are worth checking out.

Wait, has it been confirmed Famitsu will have anything on FE If. Because i doubt they would be releasing more info so soon after the Direct..

No confirmation has been given, but I've typically seen reports in Famitsu of games not long after their official announcements, so even if doesn't show up this upcoming Wednesday, any new game that's been announced is going to covered by them at some point.

Come to think of it, wasn't Awakening covered by Famitsu shortly after it's announcement?

No confirmation has been given, but I've typically seen reports in Famitsu of games not long after their official announcements, so even if doesn't show up this upcoming Wednesday, any new game that's been announced is going to covered by them at some point.

Come to think of it, wasn't Awakening covered by Famitsu shortly after it's announcement?

Nada

It took 3 months before it appeared in a 2nd Direct, then 2 more months for Jump and Famitsu to cover it.

If it comes out in the summer in Japan there's a pretty good chance there will be quite a bit at E3 this year, although E3 will probably be dominated by Xenoblade, New 3DS, and Zelda Wii U.

That's highly likely. Even more so if they speak about any possible amiib compatability with the game Nintendo is sure loves pushing amiibo uses on us.

Actually, because I was mildly curious, I looked at E3's dates for the year. E3 offiically starts the 16th, which is also when Nintendo holds their press conference, so we're exactly 5 months out now. This wait is going to be murder.

If it comes out in the summer in Japan there's a pretty good chance there will be quite a bit at E3 this year, although E3 will probably be dominated by Xenoblade, New 3DS, and Zelda Wii U.

If they're going with a Digital Event like last year, then I can see If being given another trailer. If they decide to do the Treehouse event again, then it's a pretty safe bet that If's going to be featured in there in some way

I was trying to come up with title, which was hard considering we have next to no info. But I imagine it will have something to with the ability to make choices in the game. I really like the title Fire Emblem If, but I don't think that will work in the USA. So I'm hoping it get an IF acronym, so I can still call it Fire Emblem If regardless.

Yes, I hope so! I could finally implement the bland lord character I designed years ago.

I would hope all of us long time Fire Emblem have a bland lord design someone on our computers. I probably have a sprite of mine.

What about Fire Emblem: Crossroads?

Might be lacking the oomph. maybe Fire Emblem: Cross Rhodes?

Fire Emblem: Diverging Destinies?

Kind of sounds like the recent Phoenix Wright release, Dual Destinies. But the word destiny has a good chance.

How about Fire Emblem: Interchanging Fate?

Or Fire Emblem: Yew... wait, that's kinda punny now I think about it, yew and you sound kinda similar :o

Fate seems very likely, considering the focus on choice in the description.

Suddenly I imagined, "Fire Emblem: Infinite" XD or, InFinite to keep the "if"

Fire Emblem: Infinite works for, but to keep with my title them I would go with Fire Emblem: Infinite Future.

If they're going with a Digital Event like last year, then I can see If being given another trailer. If they decide to do the Treehouse event again, then it's a pretty safe bet that If's going to be featured in there in some way

Something like the Treehouse Live @ E3 seems pretty likely to happen, since the popularity was high enough that they had that Treehouse Live @ the Treehouse event a few weeks before Smash 3DS came out.

It's kinda hard to tell if the waterdrop means anything without more to go on, so there wasn't much reason to speculate. Though my personal curiousity is the auras the characters had at the end of the trailer. I wouldn't have thought much of it if it was just Max and the Eastern soldier, but the dancer girl had one as well, which in my mind suggests it's something more.

Has anyone commented on the water dropping sound effect at the end of the trailer (if so, I apologise)? What were we supposed to take from that? Is it a reference to 7's opening, or is it something symbolic that' going over my head right now?

Oh what. When does that happen. This would pretty much confirm that IS is at least trying to troll the conspiracy theorists into thinking it's Elibe.

The next thing to do is play the trailer backwards.

Edited by lancerusso

Oh what. When does that happen. This would pretty much confirm that IS is at least trying to troll the conspiracy theorists into thinking it's Elibe.

Now IS is trolling? Damn it, I have enough companies teasing me with video games, now I have IS destroying me as well.

The next thing to do is play the trailer backwards.

Stop giving me reasons to take hours out of my day for Fire Emblem.