New 3DS Fire Emblem game

Shadow Stalker X

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

screw new FE, this was the most important thing to happen in the direct.

B7UcXRGCAAAShbx.png

Wryyyyyyyyy (I noticed that too family wondered why I was laughing so much

Anyway I'm hyped especially because new story, started to get bored of Archanea (5 games on one continent is more than enough)

I kind of like the whole eastern vibe, always considered japanese culture to be one of the more fascinating cultures.

European Nintendo Direct too. Basically it was in the international section of the Direct, before Iwata passed the torch to the regional representatives.

Only question is "when?" really. Pls 2015

I think if they really wanted to, they could get it to be 2015

but NoA tends to be slow on localizations and it will will likely need a lot of time for dubbing, so I suspect either late November 2015 or early 2016, more likely the latter tbh but we can hope

Hey! With this new Fire Emblem being a 3DS game, will there be a "Nintendo 3DS Era" or will Fire Emblem Awakening and this new one be separate forums?

Back on topic, I'm super excited for it! It still looks similar to Awakening, but I'm okay with that. I'm hoping for new classes, a less over-powered avatar (assuming the avatar is still here), and split decisions like in FE8. From the trailer, it looks really awesome! And I just can't wait for it to release!

Hey! With this new Fire Emblem being a 3DS game, will there be a "Nintendo 3DS Era" or will Fire Emblem Awakening and this new one be separate forums?

Back on topic, I'm super excited for it! It still looks similar to Awakening, but I'm okay with that. I'm hoping for new classes, a less over-powered avatar (assuming the avatar is still here), and split decisions like in FE8. From the trailer, it looks really awesome! And I just can't wait for it to release!

I think we'll keep 'em separate for now.

I'm more worried if we should drop the SMT X FE subforum...

but NoA tends to be slow on localizations and it will will likely need a lot of time for dubbing, so I suspect either late November 2015 or early 2016, more likely the latter tbh but we can hope

I usually give it about a 6 month window at least, especially since the trailers were still in Japanese. Though, thanks to the success of Awakening, perhaps they may work on it a little quicker. The fact they showed it in the US/EU probably helps show that, too.

I say November 2015 to Feb 2016 is a good window.

I like how they announced it for summer 2015 for Japan, so not too long of wait since the announcement. I really like that about directs!

I think we need a 3DS Subforum, and categories within each for Kakusei and if

I mean, to maintain consistency with the forum design

I think we need a 3DS Subforum, and categories within each for Kakusei and if

I mean, to maintain consistency with the forum design

This game is really new and relevant though so I think it's important it gets a spot on the front page. Plus it hasn't been released so we can't really make many comparison topics in a 3DS era subforum.

Honestly, I would say to them, don't hurry, not because I don't want it released, but I can wait a year extra if it is required to get a better end product.

So is there a name for the type of setting used in this game (I'm sorry I'm stupid)? Because it's awesome

Anyway, now I have something to knock Xenoblade X away from most hyped

It makes me think that it'll be knights versus samurai or something similar and perhaps you can choose a side or something. In any case it looks cool.

The thing that intrigued me most from the trailer was the stone giant (golem?) from the part at the beginning. Looked hella cool.

Also, can it be safely assumed that the part leading to the painting is similar to the intro screen in FE:A, as that was used for the original Japanese trailer for Awakening (I think).

I just want golems.

Bagpipes and a Shakuhachi having a symbolic musical duel at the cresendo of the fight at the start- so having a proper war of the roses style european knights and militia fighting Sengoku era samurai and ashigaru is gonna be fun.

I like the East-West clash going on- and it's ambiguous as to who's side we'll be fighting on. No doubt story choices will decide( including the possibility of unifying both sides for the greater good)

I'm wondering if they might do something with weapon classes so japanese weapons like katana/naginata/tetsubou aren't usable by sword/lance/axe users unless they have specific training- east-west combat styles are very different.
IE, a mercenary with a longsword shouldn't know how to use a katana- but maybe with a weapon level of A and above, one can wield any style sword. (and vice versa).

Not wanting to fuel the FE7 links hype, (I too want a FE: Scouring, but this isn't it) but take a gander at the blue dancer lass' eye at 59 seconds at let it roll: http://youtu.be/Pz2LJ-4DDWU?t=59s

Notice anything? Something spinning, orbiting inwards? Orangey-yellow background...

http://youtu.be/yzqoKyLQMsQ?t=1m22s Hm...

(BTW I have no idea how to work these hyperlinks properly

Edited by lancerusso

Ideas on other units?

I spy many waifus

I also see what appears to be two different pink-haired staff users. I wonder if that means that IS is going to build in maybe the magic triangle (or if one's just a promoted of the other one which would make sense too)

I see too many young girls right now. I want my casts to be balanced, where da dudes, da old people, da middle aged people, da adults at?!?

The game better let you choose between factions, and have a story that's not black and white, meaning that both choices have their merits and faults; they could also have to make you kill the enemy faction's characters.

Ooh, and maybe a third middle route could be achieved if you played through both factions?? That'd take 3 playthroughs and I'd be down for it if the story, the worldbuilding and the gameplay are good.

IN FACT, faction choices is the only thing I can see well with Avatar characters.

But I'm sad how the red faction is clearly the evil one at the beginning... although you can see Max is playable (in one screen he attacks a Mouth of Truth)... but that could mean nothing, it could simply be him being a traitor to his empire (my money is on empire, not kingdom or republic). Frankly I don't want the blue faction to be holy and pure, especially if it takes after Japan.

Anyway, my final verdict is... it looks better than Awakening (it's hard to be worse FE than it IMO, even if it's not a bad game, then again, personal opinion), and the story could be either good or total bullshit. I really want the gameplay to fix Awakening's, too. And no marriage pls.

The character design is........... better than Awakening's.... yeah.... OH come on, the Peg Knight looks like Sully, the Dancer is Lucina + Olivia + Ninian, and the swordmaster is Sumia without a horse.

I hope to see better designs in the future, only Max convinced me. At least the clothing design seems better as of now.

So we have Fire, Thunder, and Wind as our magic tomes in Awakening. Either I saw a new magic type, or my eyes are playing tricks on me!

At 1:26, I spot an Ice tome! I'm pretty sure Ice was in past Fire Emblem games, but just not Awakening (that's why I'm bringing it up).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz2LJ-4DDWU

And it looks so pretty! So many nice things coming up about this game!

What'd really be funny, is if this game actually turned out to be a sequel of Awakening XD.

I see too many young girls right now. I want my casts to be balanced, where da dudes, da old people, da middle aged people, da adults at?!?

The game better let you choose between factions, and have a story that's not black and white, meaning that both choices have their merits and faults; they could also have to make you kill the enemy faction's characters.

Ooh, and maybe a third middle route could be achieved if you played through both factions?? That'd take 3 playthroughs and I'd be down for it if the story, the worldbuilding and the gameplay are good.

IN FACT, faction choices is the only thing I can see well with Avatar characters.

But I'm sad how the red faction is clearly the evil one at the beginning... although you can see Max is playable (in one screen he attacks a Mouth of Truth)... but that could mean nothing, it could simply be him being a traitor to his empire (my money is on empire, not kingdom or republic). Frankly I don't want the blue faction to be holy and pure, especially if it takes after Japan.

Anyway, my final verdict is... it looks better than Awakening (it's hard to be worse FE than it IMO, even if it's not a bad game, then again, personal opinion), and the story could be either good or total bullshit. I really want the gameplay to fix Awakening's, too. And no marriage pls.

The character design is........... better than Awakening's.... yeah.... OH come on, the Peg Knight looks like Sully, the Dancer is Lucina + Olivia + Ninian, and the swordmaster is Sumia without a horse.

I hope to see better designs in the future, only Max convinced me. At least the clothing design seems better as of now.

I really like all the things you said here. : ) I agree with your opinions.

I hope instead of marriage system they implement something where support may effect the paths you take rather than the children that are produced, or something.

So we have Fire, Thunder, and Wind as our magic tomes in Awakening. Either I saw a new magic type, or my eyes are playing tricks on me!

At 1:26, I spot an Ice tome! I'm pretty sure Ice was in past Fire Emblem games, but just not Awakening (that's why I'm bringing it up).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz2LJ-4DDWU

And it looks so pretty! So many nice things coming up about this game!

What'd really be funny, is if this game actually turned out to be a sequel of Awakening XD.

I really hope not! I'm praying for a new continent/world XD That's just me though, I'm sure some people would want that!