New 3DS Fire Emblem game

Shadow Stalker X

Red hair is it, everything else is different. Sully has a much different face too.

(If I were to pick someone similar to her, I'd lean more towards Severa anyway, in regards to her face.)

She's waaaay more like Severa than Sully. They both slightly tuck in their chins with a mad face :P

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i read a comment on YouTube that reads:

I really hope Rosalina and Lucina are in it ;^)

umm... keep dreamin'! XD Rosalina.

I really hope not! I'm praying for a new continent/world XD That's just me though, I'm sure some people would want that!

Yeah, I personally don't know which one I want. I'd be fine with each, but deep down inside, I secretly want a sequel XD! I think it's just something to do with me loving Severa.

You guys probably noticed this already, but the map in the trailer looks a lot like the one in FE7 where you recruit Dorcas for the first time.

So we have Fire, Thunder, and Wind as our magic tomes in Awakening. Either I saw a new magic type, or my eyes are playing tricks on me!

At 1:26, I spot an Ice tome! I'm pretty sure Ice was in past Fire Emblem games, but just not Awakening (that's why I'm bringing it up).

Fimbulvetr was always an Ice tome, in the GBAverse

Jan_006.jpg

look at their weapons

Katana beats bow

New weapon triangle?

The prevailing theory is that bows have advantage at range and disadvantage in melee.

What I'm wondering about is the color of the weapons' background. It's red and green here, but in the pegasus knight shot the hero's lance is blue and the enemy's sword is red. You think that's red for all swords, blue for all lances and green for all bows?

Edited by Alastor15243

So we have Fire, Thunder, and Wind as our magic tomes in Awakening. Either I saw a new magic type, or my eyes are playing tricks on me!

At 1:26, I spot an Ice tome! I'm pretty sure Ice was in past Fire Emblem games, but just not Awakening (that's why I'm bringing it up).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz2LJ-4DDWU

And it looks so pretty! So many nice things coming up about this game!

What'd really be funny, is if this game actually turned out to be a sequel of Awakening XD.

Actually...I'm not so sure it's a Tome. The caster is definitely using an ice spell, but notice she has some other things going on.

1. when the spell is cast, paper tags are revolving around her left hand. When it's cast, they return to her palm. It looks to me like she's holding a fan or ofuda (a paper amulet or talisman used by Buddhist or Shinto priests). Heck, even looking at her other hand, she DOESN'T have a book in it.

2. Her partner clearly has a new weapon in her hand: a MACE. So, is it a completely new category of weapon, or is it a new addition to an existing one?

This is FASCINATING stuff to dissect. New weapon types, new kinds of spells, etc could really shake up the traditional elements of the series. Man, someone needs to get the guys from GameXplain on this.

Edited by Aiddon

The prevailing theory is that bows have advantage at range and disadvantage in melee.

What I'm wondering about is the color of the weapons' background. It's red and green here, but in the pegasus knight shot the hero's lance is blue and the enemy's sword is red. You think that's red for all swords, blue for all lances and green for all bows?

Yeah, that's more likely

Could also be that Axe/Sword/Lance > Bows > Magic > Axe/Sword/Lance

Yeah, I think the color of the backgrounds depends on the weapon type

Edited by Nobody

I'm too lazy to do a video, but will this do?

Cracking job Vincent.

I like how in THIS picture of the dancer and the dragon falling, the human hand reaching for the dancer is replaced with a proper dragon claw (and is most defiantly going for the strangle) - totally missed that on the first 4 or 5 watches.

Edited by Merric

1. when the spell is cast, paper tags are revolving around her left hand. When it's cast, they return to her palm. It looks to me like she's holding a fan or ofuda (a paper amulet or talisman used by Buddhist or Shinto priests). Heck, even looking at her other hand, she DOESN'T have a book in it.

2. Her partner clearly has a new weapon in her hand: a MACE. So, is it a completely new category of weapon, or is it a new addition to an existing one?

This is FASCINATING stuff to dissect. New weapon types, new kinds of spells, etc could really shake up the traditional elements of the series.

Ooh, good eye!

I never noticed those flying paper tags! Maybe it is a new weapon type, and they'll go back to loads of other weapons types, like in the Tellius series. I myself wasn't too fond of the many, many weapons, but ones involving magic is a plus.

I can't wait for all this info to unravel. And more importantly, I can't wait for an official release date! It might seem really far away, but I'm hoping for at least before December 2015.

Ooh, good eye!

I never noticed those flying paper tags! Maybe it is a new weapon type, and they'll go back to loads of other weapons types, like in the Tellius series. I myself wasn't too fond of the many, many weapons, but ones involving magic is a plus.

I can't wait for all this info to unravel. And more importantly, I can't wait for an official release date! It might seem really far away, but I'm hoping for at least before December 2015.

I also wonder if the different factions might have radically different weapons that might serve similar purposes, but are very different from one another. Again, instead of a spell book, the caster was using talismans. It makes more sense if you know anything about Buddhist or Shinto rituals (ofuda in fiction tend to have the same uses as a spellbook does in Western fantasy). The whole clash of cultures that's going on could bring some interesting updates to the table and get the series out of a comfort zone.

I don't know if it's been said before, but the after the girl attacks with her mace, there seems to be a flame effect on the enemy.

niQajYb.png

I noticed that too; I wonder if melee weapons will also be able to have a variety of elements, allowing them to shake up the Weapon/Magic Triangle. Man, there's so much stuff to dissect in that trailer.

...wat

EDIT: Ohh you mean like the Levin Sword/Shockstick/Bolt Axe

Thankfully Awakening is pretty much the only game to do that.

well technically FE1/3/11/12 does that too, since the Levin Sword is really the only magic weapon in the game.

But yes it's nice to see some variety in that department again.

Edited by shinpichu

Hmm, I wonder if those maces are gonna be ranged! Oh wow, this is so exciting!

Just dissecting and analysis is much fun! I can't wait to actually play the game! I wish I could contribute more than just say how excited I am, but I just can't seem to analyze as well as others might. I can see something, but I can't really go much deeper than the surface!