Shadow Stalker X

I think that Max, is :

-Or the Camus.

-Or the Oifaye/Jeigan.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard of anime/mangas/etc called Detective School Q or Bloody Monday? O: He wrote those! So we're probably in a good light here (I hope) XD

Detective Academy Q was awesome. Much more realistic and well paced revelations. Never watched Bloody Monday but its plot summary sounds promising.

Thing I just noticed. Why does that ice spell have the silhouette of a rat along with it?

talisman-mage.jpg

Maybe Chinese Zodiac influence?

The way the talismans/tags are formed reminds me of Walmart.

Walmart as sponsors confirmed

2gviqnr.jpg

Edited by Magician Lugh

Hey, anyone familiar with the guy writing the story? I'm a bit skeptical with a comic book writer doing the story.

Edit:: Oops already asked

Edited by Sorin

I noticed some little details while re-watching the trailer that I will put in spoilers cause lots of big pictures

[spoiler=1. Regarding the Weapon Triangle]

I had noticed that every weapon shown seemed to have a icon background color, but upon re-watching, I noticed that they also have a small strip of color at the bottom of the icon that's the main background color of the weapon it wins against in the Weapon Triangle.

zD08hGq.jpg

For example, in this picture, we see the lance's icon has a primarily blue background with a little red strip at the bottom while the sword has a mainly red background with a green strip.

QCqyFwc.png

And the mace here seems to have a green background with a blue strip at the bottom, which makes the whole thing consistent with the Weapon Triangle.

A strange detail though is in the fight between Kazahana and the bow-wielding assassin

G3zD2av.png

Here, the Sword still has the same primarily red with green strip background, but the bow has a mainly green with blue strip background, which makes it the same background as the mace/axe weapons. No idea if this means that the bow and axes are equivalent in the weapon triangle or if the background for bows will change depending on the range and weapon match-up, but other weapons (well swords at least) seem to have a consistent background (red + green stripe in both pictures and there a shot of Kamui's sprite that shows the same background colors for her sword)

[spoiler=2. Removable Armor]

The other thing I noticed is that it seems that some enemies will lose parts of their armor when hit.

cAoMcj9.png

If we look at the monster here, we can see he has a mask over his face.

ozGcIGG.png

Here we can see the mask detached from the monster's face after he received a hit. And while some people initially thought he was just decapitated,

aJHwAEY.png

We can see here that he still has his head.

But more than this monster, I noticed in the footage shown while Iwata speak something really similar.

PhM9oVv.png

In this battle, the enemy fighter is wearing some metal collar and shoulder pads

0ho7gvW.png

But after he's been hit by Kamui, the collar and shoulder pads are gone and we can even see the pieces flying away from the fighter. So my guess would be that there are some enemies with additional armor that can be removed if they take a certain amount of damage.

Sorry if all this has been pointed out before >x<.

Edited by LuxSpes

I noticed some little details while re-watching the trailer that I will put in spoilers cause lots of big pictures

[spoiler=1. Regarding the Weapon Triangle]

I had noticed that every weapon shown seemed to have a icon background color, but upon re-watching, I noticed that they also have a small strip of color at the bottom of the icon that's the main background color of the weapon it wins against in the Weapon Triangle.

zD08hGq.jpg

For example, in this picture, we see the lance's icon has a primarily blue background with a little red strip at the bottom while the sword has a mainly red background with a green strip.

QCqyFwc.png

And the mace here seems to have a green background with a blue strip at the bottom, which makes the whole thing consistent with the Weapon Triangle.

A strange detail though is in the fight between Kazahana and the bow-wielding assassin

G3zD2av.png

Here, the Sword still has the same primarily red with green strip background, but the bow has a mainly green with blue strip background, which makes it the same background as the mace/axe weapons. No idea if this means that the bow and axes are equivalent in the weapon triangle or if the background for bows will change depending on the range and weapon match-up, but other weapons (well swords at least) seem to have a consistent background (red + green stripe in both pictures and there a shot of Kamui's sprite that shows the same background colors for her sword)

[spoiler=2. Removable Armor]

The other thing I noticed is that it seems that some enemies will lose parts of their armor when hit.

cAoMcj9.png

If we look at the monster here, we can see he has a mask over his face.

ozGcIGG.png

Here we can see the mask detached from the monster's face after he received a hit. And while some people initially thought he was just decapitated,

aJHwAEY.png

We can see here that he still has his head.

But more than this monster, I noticed in the footage shown while Iwata speak something really similar.

PhM9oVv.png

In this battle, the enemy fighter is wearing some metal collar and shoulder pads

0ho7gvW.png

But after he's been hit by Kamui, the collar and shoulder pads are gone and we can even see the pieces flying away from the fighter. So my guess would be that there are some enemies with additional armor that can be removed if they take a certain amount of damage.

Sorry if all this has been pointed out before >x<.

Nice find! :O

I wish the destroyed armors actually had negative effects on their defense/resistance :P

Yeah, because

"Lel I'm a General"

"u ripped out my armor ? I HAVE IT, I DON'T CARE."

Nice find! :O

I wish the destroyed armors actually had negative effects on their defense/resistance :P

I would think it either does this and maybe acts as a buffer to your HP before breaking (i.e., the armor has it's own HP and it goes down leaving your HP untouched when you're hit, unless the damage dealt is higher than the Armor's HP)

Yeah, because

"Lel I'm a General"

"u ripped out my armor ? I HAVE IT, I DON'T CARE."

Unless you're using a giant can opener good luck removing the armor of a general

nice work, everyone! the rat/ice thing would have cool implications. i also agree that the aura thing seems to be a thing.

I am curious as to why the JP version decided to go with 'if' in their working title. Reminds me too much of SMT: If..., the game that eventually spawned the Persona series.

This has probably been beaten to death but idgaf. But based off of what Iwata stated, the 'If' probably refers to the choices we make through out the game. From this I can gather that there will be a huge emphasis on your choices having an impact, which is a plus for me. I hated how in Awakening we had the illusion of choice, and only one choice at the very end mattered (somewhat).

The illusion of choice has been a huge problem for me in Japanese games lately, and I'm really glad Fire Emblem If is hopefully not doing this.

re: the title "if" also immediately reminded me of SMT, and i wonder if that connection is intentional. even though atlus isn't co-developing this, if they're generally having a closer relationship it could perhaps influence this title (somewhat unlikely, but the title seems like a big coincidence). influencing the direction of the world (in SMT it's chaos/dark vs. light vs. neutral) would make sense given that we know there are warring factions, and has anyone already mentioned that the dancer is shown with a dark costume and a light costume? i just noticed it from vincent's summary post, but here are the two images:

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Jan_004-300x157.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Jan_019-300x157.jpg

SMT if added a new death mechanic, where you weren't just brought back, but were given a "guardian spirit" that would slightly alter your stats, so that would be a really interesting new way to alter the usual FE permadeath. again, not very likely, but it's interesting.

here's a link to more info about the SMT if for anyone who's interested: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/megaten/megaten3.htm

edit: btw, re: the music, although it would've been cool, that's not a bagpipe in the beginning scene. there are many eastern reed instruments (e.g. like an oboe), and it's almost certainly one of those.

Edited by geozeldadude

I wonder what effect healing will have on the destroyed armor. Does it just magically find itself back to its owner? Or will it act more like an item that only armor classes can use?

I wonder what effect healing will have on the destroyed armor. Does it just magically find itself back to its owner? Or will it act more like an item that only armor classes can use?

It would be interesting if heavily armored classes had to repair their armor at the same time it would nerf them even harder if their supposed niche was so easily destroyable now though.

They will find Piccolo and he will use his CLOTHES BEAM

Maybe there's something like the Hammerne or an alternate staff that heals armor rather than HP, if armor is a thing. : )

I was thinking that these armor are equipable items that goes over the classes normal armor. Maybe it can block a certain number of hits before breaking (like weapons can only strike a limited amount of time before breaking). And maybe armor class can't have extra armor, but can equip something that raise Resistance. It's all pure speculation.

I was thinking that these armor are equipable items that goes over the classes normal armor. Maybe it can block a certain number of hits before breaking (like weapons can only strike a limited amount of time before breaking). And maybe armor class can't have extra armor, but can equip something that raise Resistance. It's all pure speculation.

So it'd be something like Berwick Sagas horses, which when they died you weren't mounted anymore.

I'm leaning towards an item version of the Defense + 2 skill. Kinda like a fusion between a Dracoshield and a tonic acting as an item that has passive effect(s). Or it can be entirely something new like LuxSpes said.

Edited by Magician Lugh

All I hope for is that this makes Serene's Forest a community. So much of this forum has been torn into "Pro-Awakening" and "Anti-Awakening" and everywhere in between it's drove me nuts. I'll be here every now and then to check up, mainly to see if I can stay here without gagging, but if this falls straight on it's heels, I'm leaving again.

It's not like I was ever a part of this community in the first place. I was in here for a day, driven out, and gone.

I think you're massively over-exaggerating. People disagree about whether or not they like the game, sure, but I don't know anyone who dislikes someone BECAUSE they have a differing opinion on Awakening. More likely they have an argument with the person about Awakening and then realize that the person is a douche.

I don't think Max is the Camus or the Jeigan. I think if anything he'd be the Lorenz or Percival archetype, who starts with the enemy and then defects. He looks to be on the West side of the battle, and most of the battle shots show naginatas and katanas and whatnot, indicating that you're part of the East side of the battle. So unless it's a thing where you're controlling both sides, he's definitely not a Jeigan. He seems to be getting too much screentime for an initial trailer to be an NPC, so I don't think he's a Camus.

All I hope for is that this makes Serene's Forest a community. So much of this forum has been torn into "Pro-Awakening" and "Anti-Awakening" and everywhere in between it's drove me nuts. I'll be here every now and then to check up, mainly to see if I can stay here without gagging, but if this falls straight on it's heels, I'm leaving again.

It's not like I was ever a part of this community in the first place. I was in here for a day, driven out, and gone.

It was the newest thing out, and obviously very polarizing - I expect the same thing to happen whenever FE14 drops, honestly. Well, you're unlikely to stop arguments about it. It's why I don't bother.

Still, I'm cautious about the game, and even though I'm very meh on Awakening, if my caution causes you to lose hype for the game, I think you're doing it wrong and probably shouldn't care for my opinion even if people think I'm "hating" on the game. (I'm not, though I do wish for something different, and I currently see the same formula being applied. If it doesn't turn out that way, I'll be glad to say I was wrong about the game. We'll see.)

And hey, FE was very likely to be discontinued if Awakening didn't do well, so I'm at least glad it exists regardless of my opinion of it.

Edited by Tryhard

I was hoping for Awakening sequel but this looks it even better. I love the Eastern vs Western conflict. The new samurai-esque weapons are great, and from the descriptions they are making a few changes here and there to Fire Emblem.

And the trailer was epic, and by far the best thing about the Nintendo Direct. It'd be great if the Avatar character was the Lord. That way we don't have to deal with a bland lord. That bland lord will be ourselves!

I'm not liking the whole Bows get Weapon Disadvantage at close range deal. We don't need archers to become worse.

Some people said that it's likely that Bows might get a Weapon Advantage at range, but I don't think we currently know.

Though a legit upgrade would be extending the range all bows get, at least.

Some people said that it's likely that Bows might get a Weapon Advantage at range, but I don't think we currently know.

Though a legit upgrade would be extending the range all bows get, at least.

Hopefully, and I do legit hope we get at least snipers the caliber of FE6 and 12's..

Yeah, I understand the whole "Don't let negativity get you down", thing, and I understand that very little of this forum actually hates the game, but eventually arguing just gets old to me. That's part of why I left in the first place.

Anyways, this is off-topic, so let me give my two cents on this game.

The fact that this has a fairly good writer is good to hear. Story was one of the main complaints about Awakening. I definitely like the idea of experimenting with different settings, as well as blurring the line between the overhead and in-battle view. Hearing that choice may have a bigger impact on the game is a good thing to hear, but it's making me wonder if this is going to fall to the same pitfalls that Western RPGs face with choices: A weaker story due to the freedom that results from that. Doubt that it will go that far, though. (And, hey, I'm not saying that Western RPGs are necessarily bad in the first place.)

Also, Meidos. Always a plus. :lol:

(I'm joking, by the way.)

I'm not liking the whole Bows get Weapon Disadvantage at close range deal. We don't need archers to become worse.

how can it be worse when in most cases an archer can't even attack at close range? i.e. being able to attack with a disadvantage has got to be better than not attacking at all, right?

And the trailer was epic, and by far the best thing about the Nintendo Direct. It'd be great if the Avatar character was the Lord. That way we don't have to deal with a bland lord. That bland lord will be ourselves!

this made me lol. bland lord avatar ftw!

Edited by geozeldadude

how can it be worse when in most cases an archer can't even attack at close range? i.e. being able to attack with a disadvantage has got to be better than not attacking at all, right?

It looks like archers can't attack at close range and they get a WT disadvantage when they get attacked as well. Actually being able to counter melee-range would be decent.