New 3DS Fire Emblem game

Shadow Stalker X

how can it be worse when in most cases an archer can't even attack at close range? i.e. being able to attack with a disadvantage has got to be better than not attacking at all, right?

Archers still can't attack close range.

Check the trailer teaser at 1:01.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Archers get the advantage at range, then it's not a problem if you're using archers 'properly'.

Yeah, an archer is supposed to be behind something or pelting people from above, they're not front-line fighters. It's the same thing with using a mage.

The whole archer having a disadvantage makes total sense to me if its just melee weapons, as long as Archers have advantage from afar. You are not supposed to let archers get hit on the frontlines.

For the western title, I think they will still try to include the IF part, just make it an abbreviation for the subtitle. Like Fire Emblem: Imperfect Future or Fire Emblem: Immortal Flame. Those arent the best, but I'm not paid to come up with video game titles.

The whole archer having a disadvantage makes total sense to me if its just melee weapons, as long as Archers have advantage from afar. You are not supposed to let archers get hit on the frontlines.

For the western title, I think they will still try to include the IF part, just make it an abbreviation for the subtitle. Like Fire Emblem: Imperfect Future or Fire Emblem: Immortal Flame. Those arent the best, but I'm not paid to come up with video game titles.

What about Fire Emblem: Crossroads?

If we assume that the fans are the "Eastern-equivalents" of Anima magic, I wonder if they also have something that represent Dark/Light (if this returns) magics as well.

Honestly, if we're really assuming that, at least one of them is going to have to be scrolls.

When the Torah, which has been printed for thousands of years, is still found on scrolls to this day, it's probably a good idea to acknowledge that and use them within the game.

I was hoping for Awakening sequel but this looks it even better. I love the Eastern vs Western conflict. The new samurai-esque weapons are great, and from the descriptions they are making a few changes here and there to Fire Emblem.

And the trailer was epic, and by far the best thing about the Nintendo Direct. It'd be great if the Avatar character was the Lord. That way we don't have to deal with a bland lord. That bland lord will be ourselves!

Yes, I hope so! I could finally implement the bland lord character I designed years ago.

Not sure if it means anything or not, but right as the music is fading at the end of the trailer (1:56ish mark) there is a distinct sound of a water drop.

I didn't notice it until I watched it with headphones on today.

Edited by Philranger

So, when can we expect to have new information about the game ? A simple teaser is not enough damnit !

Right now, it's a bit too soon to tell, but I'm guessing at the very earliest this upcoming Wednesday, when Famitsu scans come out. There's no way Famitsu isn't going to have at least some kind of scoop on the game. Though how long it'll take for all of the text to be properly translated is another matter entirely.