New 3DS Fire Emblem game

Shadow Stalker X

i, too, am glad we now have a place to discuss "fire emblem: working title" :P

i want to be optimistic, but everything about it seems to be very much holding to fe13's pattern. maybe i should do some research into the writer they mentioned to see if they've written anything decent, but for now, colour me extremely sceptical and extremely suspcious

Glad I'm not alone.

Hahaha SMTxFE

Move this and post an announcement?

also

That video doesn't really tell me much, from what I see of the design, why could they not go with the thing they showed us first before it went "just a painting", that looked great, design wise.

The designs don't particularly appeal to me (the actual ones) to be honest, but hopefully the witting will be better with the new guy on the team.

I'll honestly give it the benefit of doubt, but I won't get that hyped before I know more.

Edited by that one person

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i, too, am glad we now have a place to discuss "fire emblem: working title" :P

i want to be optimistic, but everything about it seems to be very much holding to fe13's pattern. maybe i should do some research into the writer they mentioned to see if they've written anything decent, but for now, colour me extremely sceptical and extremely suspcious

I am super excited that IS appears to be continuing the grand tradition of ignoring people with unrealistic expectations; doubling-down on a tweaked Awakening will make for a fun game.

The question is:

Do they have feet no- *shot*

*uses Snipe to prevent him from completing the question and make him lose a turn*

Anyways, I wonder who that girl was...

A bit late, but pics posted. Still getting used to the new site.

Will add the video when Nintendo provides a link (assuming they do).

Hmm, I'm getting a Japanese-vibe from some of the footage. Some characters (not named Felicia or Markus) wth Japanese names and weapons (like a Pegasus Knight using some form of blade, even though it's still a lance for the weapon triangle). Plus one of the battle backgrounds.

Jan_013.jpg

Also I see the Dual system is still back and monsters too?

EDIT: What? Swords good against bows? Or is that just placeholder graphics?

Edited by VincentASM

New weapon type, also?

I noticed Hinoka, the red-haired pegasus rider, has a naginata and not a spear.

Unless, they count naginatas as a spear, since it has an advantage against swords.

Edited by Soledai

So is it me or does the only visible fighter (that I know of) look like s/he has a cowboy hat?

2081472dc1ed4205a87f2c190f70c6ce.png

Is that a _female_ lord I see?

16887e2f598edf50fea4eada7d911cec.png

Edit for apparent matching mapsprite

It's screaming more Avatar/MU to me honestly, considering we didn't see much of her during the animated bits and the costume reminds me of the Grandmaster one, minus the coat.

It definitly has an eastern setting. Which is a first in the series and which I actually like.

I am more interested in the giant monster and the "brute" fought near the end of the trailer. Monster/Risen/Something else?

Hmm, I'm getting a Japanese-vibe from some of the footage. Some characters (not named Felicia or Markus) wth Japanese names and weapons (like a Pegasus Knight using some form of blade, even though it's still a lance for the weapon triangle). Plus one of the battle backgrounds.

Jan_013.jpg

Also I see the Dual system is still back and monsters too?

I'm sure that's a naginata.

When I watched the first few moments of the first video in the Nintendo Direct I was doubtful, but it seemed rather familiar, then the art and finally the gameplay, it took me by surprise, but I'm happy that IS won't be giving up with the franchise.

Well, given that it was announced on an International Direct, like some here have said already, and with Awakening's success, an international release of this one could be announced anytime soon. And it reminds me a lot of feudal japan this time around.

I.. already like how this game looks a lot more than Awakening, lol.

I like the designs a lot more too.

I hope the story is well written this time. I would enjoy that.