Will there be avatars and waifus in this game? Avatar and waifu discussion. Waifus, the second coming.

Misses Elise-chan!

Waifus  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the return of waifus in this game?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What about another self insert avatar?

• Yes
    • No

Voted No and Yes, but honestly I ultimately don't care as much one way or another; I'm just dancing around over here about the fact that were getting FE14 in general!

I enjoyed the marriage system and avatar customization but can understand why some don't like it. If they do keep it, I just hope they improve upon the shortcomings it had in Awakening. If they drop it, it'll be a little disappointing (like how I'm disappointed every time they drop cool features in pokemon and such), but I'll still happily play it because its freakin' FIRE EMBLEM!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with every post that said people are gonna waifu even if it isn't a game mechanic. Honestly, I don't see the point in getting angry over them to begin with, even more so over the internet...

All I want is a unique ending with someone if you decide to max out your support with them. "Waifus" specifically can stay or leave but we all know they're going to stay around in one form or another. When you realize it is a lot of the pop culture as opposed to the characters themselves being written that way, a lot of people angry about it really have no reason to scream for the removal of a feature when we're already neck deep in this mess. To put it bluntly, its like cutting off diseased filled tissue after its already spread.

But back to the unique ending. None of the bs where they just inserted the person the MU or other males married into a copy paste scenario. It screamed lazy writing. And they should add back the platonic endings so some people would stop complaining over ridiculous and trivial matters. Then again, the whole waifu thing actually bothers people so w/e at this point...

The avatar should come back, just lessen his involvement to less than the Lord and allow other characters a chance to shine. And nerf him a bit gameplay-wise.

This i'm all for I don't see why the characters get unique ending depending on who they marry but your own character that YOU make does not.

This i'm all for I don't see why the characters get unique ending depending on who they marry but your own character that YOU make does not.

In Terms of endings I just hope if future babies aren't a thing we get some Gay Marriage up in here. I would really like it if endings for relationships mattered more all around I think it would be very sweet.

I'd really hoping there's another avatar character. Maybe not with all the previous perks but with some. I hope they don't go the pokemon route of finally introducing customizable characters and then getting rid of them. I'd be sad that if they do include it that it wouldn't have the tactician coat I'm so fond of.

As for waifus. I'd be fine with marriage in the game but somewhat less important. I don't want to feel obligated to make all my units marry each other. Hence why I still have my army of bachelors. I'd rather not have kids again simply because it'd feel a bit forced in the story. (Unless they included time travel again and if so, that's lame) For a DLC like future past, that'd be cool... maybe. But for the main game, no...

Also, I've always to start a waifu war... I'm all for it.

However, if neither of these are in it'd be unforgivable... I may not even buy all the DLC.

With Awakening's success in making FE more popular in the West, chances are both the customizable Avatar character and the marriage system will come back, unfortunately.

While I loved the design of FE13's Avatar, the lack of personality really killed the game for me. Compared to the amount of presence your character has in-game, I felt like there would be some character development and there's... none basically. TBH, I prefer self-insert characters like FE7's Mark, even if the option of customization is removed.

And waifus. What can we do without waifus? Everyone needs their waifus and husbandos and waifu wars. But if they are going to bring back a 2nd generation, it would have to be something similar to FE4's marriage system or something entirely new. I don't see how anyone can use time traveling more than once... or could they? oh no

With Awakening's success in making FE more popular in the West, chances are both the customizable Avatar character and the marriage system will come back, unfortunately.

While I loved the design of FE13's Avatar, the lack of personality really killed the game for me. Compared to the amount of presence your character has in-game, I felt like there would be some character development and there's... none basically. TBH, I prefer self-insert characters like FE7's Mark, even if the option of customization is removed.

And waifus. What can we do without waifus? Everyone needs their waifus and husbandos and waifu wars. But if they are going to bring back a 2nd generation, it would have to be something similar to FE4's marriage system or something entirely new. I don't see how anyone can use time traveling more than once... or could they? oh no

Yeah. I liked the FE12 avatar more. S/He is less of a major injection into the plot in every cutscene, and can actually make a very good dodgetank/wall

These faggots don't even praise the waifus ?
Just kidding ! Dark souls meme reference aside. I do want the avatar and the waifu/husbando system to come back, and I perfectly understand why people don't want it back, because in FEA... it's not perfect.

Avatar is kinda like Self insert: On the paper, simple, in reality, it's hard.

You could said that, it's not that I want to see it back, it's just that I want to see how well they can do it.

I really loved how the avatar could support everybody, THAT was cool... as long as it wasn't the child of his wife anyways...

Now if they could please, tone down the crappy personality, add more customization I want Priam's hair DAMMIT !.

I wouldn't mind a Mark-like character, as in, someone who don't talk, but I wonder how the support could be done then ? Would love a mute option, heh.

But the Avatar is really not my main concern. My main concerns are: How well the Avatar will be implemented, if the plot is good, and if the characters are good. IMO, FEA failed at pretty much all of these things, and I don't want that kind of cliche, crappy, mangaesque characters and plot ever again.

I can live without Avatar, won't stop me from thinking about waifu and some Hot dragon on Dancer action.

Edited by B.Leu

Yeah. I liked the FE12 avatar more. S/He is less of a major injection into the plot in every cutscene, and can actually make a very good dodgetank/wall

Lmao damn dude this could not he further from the truth. Kris ruined Marth's character.

Yeah. A lot of people here has said Ninian lookalike is their waifu

Including me <3

Ha! Come one, we all know that sleepy myrmidon girl is the best. Seriously, one look at that smirk and it's clear as day that we're dealing with top tier waifu material.

FE13 Avatar is loads better than FE12 avatar. I hope they don't screw the new one up, if they're too afraid of ruining the immersion by giving him a personality then they should do dialogue trees and stuff like in those Bioware games.

Also 8-bit Wrys is the best waifu.

Ha! Come one, we all know that sleepy myrmidon girl is the best. Seriously, one look at that smirk and it's clear as day that we're dealing with top tier waifu material.

sleepy myrmidon waifu ftw

FE13 Avatar is loads better than FE12 avatar. I hope they don't screw the new one up, if they're too afraid of ruining the immersion by giving him a personality then they should do dialogue trees and stuff like in those Bioware games.

This would be the safest bet. People really can't get mad at that one either. Persona 3 and 4 did it

As is, I want supports to be limited to "pick four" . Remove children outright. Waifus I don't really care for, and really exist outside the game. Awakening was just trying to be fanservicey as the final game. Avatar, I have no issue with, but I want some development, some tragic flaw to be overcome that's not amnesia like Robin. If they're both like awakening and its goals, then no to both. But this game has a different set of goals that might change my mind about the avatar. I'd like more S-ranks to not end in marriage though and Same sex S-ranks please though that doesn't have to be marriage either.

Question, how do we define waifu...?

A fandom can make anyone into a 'waifu'...

So, no women at all?

Exactly. If there's even one woman in the game, someone is gonna go waifu on her. Even if it's Niime. Best to let it go and not let it bother you.

Waifus? Ummm...I'm sorry, guys. But no thanks. I won't be disappointed much if they were included, though. As for the avatar, I would actually like for that to make a return.

Edited by Rxmonste

That Myrmidon girl looks a lot like Sumia

Eh I kinda wish there was a 'I'm not certain about how I would feel about marriage returning' option. I mean I didn't mind it, but do I want it to return? Maaaaaybe? I mean we barely know anything about the game, would it even fit into the game well or would it just be shoe-horned into it? What if there were no children and you could just get married, I'm not sure if that would make it better (might make it worse) but just can't take a solid stance.

Except for wanting a new avatar, yes I would like this.

If the Avatar returns, I'd like for them to actually have choice in regards to the plot, rather than just being an all powerful unit that you can just slap features onto.

For marriages, that kinda goes with the Avatar, so whatever.

If children returned, I'd want a time skip rather than time travel.

Edited by Monado Boy

I disliked the "waifu" phenomenon in Awakening, because it threw any semblance of sexual diversity out the window. Again, this is Japan so, if I'm not mistaken, they are not as tolerant of homosexuality as America is. I would like to have the male avatar have male romantic options and the female avatar with female ones. Mass Effect did that stuff pretty well. Sadly though, I'm betting they'll have the traditional marriage system again, but I'm praying that they'll not involve time-traveling children again. Time-travel is a sure way to ruin a narrative - too many plot holes.

As for the avatar, why not? I like customization. However, Robin had a personality equivalent to that of a paper towel, which ruined his/her character. Since the trailer makes it seem that the Avatar is somehow connected to that white dragon, perhaps the avatar can have a quiet/reserved nature due to his/her inhuman connection? I can tolerate a semi-silent protagonist.

Edited by Leif