Will there be avatars and waifus in this game? Avatar and waifu discussion. Waifus, the second coming.

Misses Elise-chan!

Waifus  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the return of waifus in this game?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What about another self insert avatar?

• Yes
    • No

Actually, finally thought of something for a marriage system. Okay, I don't expect kids to return just because I don't think they wanna do that twice in a row. However, I think they still need to give some kind of gameplay incentive in order to want the player to pair people up and make marriage desirable. So this is what I'm thinking: what if S Rank supports can teach their partners something? Like maybe they gain new classes, unlock new abilities, etc. You could essentially keep their interaction going beyond S Rank see them interact as a married couple instead of just leading up to it. The only times we got that in Awakening were with the DLC episodes like Summer Scramble (one of my favorites was a married Tharja clearly showing jealousy over Robin's responsibilities still getting in the way of their relationship despite how they're married. It showed a cute side of her you didn't see elsewhere.) I'd just want to get some character interaction beyond courting.

Good idea. I'd also like it if it changed the battle dialogue. For example Ice queen is indifferent to a C class but to their husband they are much less mean.

The abilities idea is fantastic though. Say you want galeforce as a male then marry a galeforce user.

But I wouldn't mind another revenge story like Genealogy of the holy war. And perhaps the choices you make causes some units to survive a time skip while others die. Bc I would like to see the genetics portion and parent/child dynamic comeback.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like both to return but to limit your choices for pairings like in previous games. Personally, I'd like all characters able to paired like in Awakening, but for the game to have branching paths based on your choice. Those should limit who you can be paired up with. For example, you get a choice between defending a castle or attacking the enemy. Not attacking the enemy makes the male/female cain or abel knight distrust your tactics, and therefore you can only get a B class support with them. That would support conversations can be more developed without making it so you can have all A class supports in all playthroughs. So it doesnt go from making a pie or something directly to marriage.

I would like both to return but to limit your choices for pairings like in previous games. Personally, I'd like all characters able to paired like in Awakening, but for the game to have branching paths based on your choice. Those should limit who you can be paired up with. For example, you get a choice between defending a castle or attacking the enemy. Not attacking the enemy makes the male/female cain or abel knight distrust your tactics, and therefore you can only get a B class support with them. That would support conversations can be more developed without making it so you can have all A class supports in all playthroughs. So it doesnt go from making a pie or something directly to marriage.

It could be cool if a unit who normally wouldn't go along with a tactic would go with you if you had A rank support with them or something to that effect. So "Abel" wants to rush right in and "Cain" wants to attack from the side. You side with Abel and that would normally piss off Cain.However, You A ranked or S ranked Cain so Cain trusts you are wise enough and is a selectable unit where normally you would have to deal with Cain leading a charge in the front with like minded units.

It could be cool if a unit who normally wouldn't go along with a tactic would go with you if you had A rank support with them or something to that effect. So "Abel" wants to rush right in and "Cain" wants to attack from the side. You side with Abel and that would normally piss off Cain.However, You A ranked or S ranked Cain so Cain trusts you are wise enough and is a selectable unit where normally you would have to deal with Cain leading a charge in the front with like minded units.

That'd be cool. It would signify the importance of building supports. I really think that the focus on choice in the info we have means that they are going to approach supports differently in this game.

Another cool thing would be if their was a scenario where you would only be able to bring along members of your team that you have a support with. Your S support would join in a particular area, and everyone else would be your A's or whatever ranking is your highest. Of course, if you don't support with anyone it would just have a priority system or something like that. But you would get a boost or more units if you have multiple supports.

Also, in this game, if you are maxed out with the person you pair with, you should be able to get support points from those next to you.

That'd be cool. It would signify the importance of building supports. I really think that the focus on choice in the info we have means that they are going to approach supports differently in this game.

Another cool thing would be if their was a scenario where you would only be able to bring along members of your team that you have a support with. Your S support would join in a particular area, and everyone else would be your A's or whatever ranking is your highest. Of course, if you don't support with anyone it would just have a priority system or something like that. But you would get a boost or more units if you have multiple supports.

Also, in this game, if you are maxed out with the person you pair with, you should be able to get support points from those next to you.

Oh that could be a fun mission.

I wouldn't mind a marriage/generation system like in FE4, but I can't say I cared too much for it in FE13 - only because it meant more characters. Having said that, I'm a bit anxious about them removing it, considering how many critics (at least in the West) showered praise on the game by heavily referring to its "romantic" side (which in my opinion was kind of painful). I wonder if removing that whole system (or slimming it down) would result in lower review scores and sales.

As for the avatar, I thought it was fun but I never missed it in any of the other games.

I don't have anything against waifus or husbandos being in the game but I do admit I'd have just as much fun if there wasn't (although I have always loved pairing up the other characters. My avatar can be eternally celibate but let me pair up other people for marriage or even best friend endings)

Yes, and yes. I want another wyvern guy. All of them.

But I feel like it's useless when anyone can marry in the game (non-avatar and non-avatar). It makes getting the support conversations too much work.

I had read an interestin theory.

If you pursue the Asian's route, your pushed spouse/ally will be that Samurai dude at the end.

If you pursue the European's route, your pushed spouse/ally will be that Knight blond dude at the end.

Chose neither and your pushed spouse/ally will be that dancer chick.

What you guys think?

honestly, if children aren't in the game and aren't going to be done like in FE4 then marriage shouldn't exist outside of the endings.

Pretty much. Pairings, sure why not, but actual marriage, yeah this.

If you pursue the Asian's route, your pushed spouse/ally will be that Samurai dude at the end.

If you pursue the European's route, your pushed spouse/ally will be that Knight blond dude at the end.

What you guys think?

Good idea, but I'd rather kill them both, or having more options. I don't like having to choose between two (probably) idiots who think their way are better than anything, if it's follow the SMT pattern anyways.

Or having narrow choices or love interest forced on me. Except for Dragon Quest 5.

And it would break the heart of every people who want that dancer girl as their waifu.

... When I'll play a FemMu, if I have to, I'll probably choose the japanese guy thought, he is a badass ! The blond guy is just not badass.

Edited by B.Leu

I'm still saying that it will be hilarious if it turns out that the dancer girl is the Avatar's sister or something. I mean, blood relations have never stopped FE characters or shippers in the past, but it would still mean that she would be unmarriageble in canon.

I'm still saying that it will be hilarious if it turns out that the dancer girl is the Avatar's sister or something. I mean, blood relations have never stopped FE characters or shippers in the past, but it would still mean that she would be unmarriageble in canon.

Making her Kamui's sister just intensified my feeling for the ship, IS has the balls to made a incest pairings before therefore they should again grow these balls to make the pairing happen.

But if it say mother, I will avoid this pairing like a plague.

Edited by Awakener_

By the way, peeps, waifuing for this game has already begun.

Five bucks it's the unnamed dancer.

Not that it matters to me. I'm starting to like her for reasons that doesn't remotely involve waifu (*cough* development potential *cough*).

Five bucks it's the unnamed dancer.

Not that it matters to me. I'm starting to like her for reasons that doesn't remotely involve waifu (*cough* development potential *cough*).

All of the ladies shown, but yes, Shelly is the most popular.

LOL Only a few days and we've been discussing incest already XDD

But anyway I don't think either of the 2 guys are forced marriage candidates though, since they're probably meant to be the Gotoh-archetype of this game. But the dancer girl is likely to be one.

What you guys think?

I can totally get behind this theory. I think different story paths based on which faction's ideals you pursue makes things very interesting.

Hipsters are losing. Hehe.

Lol hipsters, you mean other fans that have other options then you. I respect everyone's feelings, if they don't want to like the avatars or general series progress that's on them. A lot of people like things to stay the same but some how expect the games to keep selling.

For real, it's cool if you don't like X things about awakening, plenty of things are totally valid to talk bad about in the game. However, were already a small community, should we really be divided when we know we all love Fire Emblem? People have to except that people will like new things, people shouldn't sit in the back of a community saying "Back in my day" and trying to kick away new fans. Look if you hate new fans, then stop worrying about the new game and play the translations of your class Japanese Fire Emblems. No one will think less of you for it.