VincentASM

So something Ownagepuffs noticed:

A bunch of shit I noticed. The scene at 1:19 is in first person view which is why I believe there is a MU.

Then what I said:

That's an interesting observation.

They also refer to the person as "Lord Kamui", so it could be an Avatar or just the main character (or both, dun dun dun).

Additionally, there are not one but two maids if you look carefully XD

But there's more...

At the very end, when Iwata is talking again, you see a character called Kamui attack. Unless my eyes deceive me, Kamui is female.

Skip a bit earlier, there's a bandit or someone harassing a prince, who's map sprite looks suspiciously like Kamui's above.

Now unless we've got some gender-bending going on, are these two actually the same character but you can choose a gender/ AKA an Avatar?

EDIT

The evidence is piling up

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A thought ran through my mind looking at those pics and your theory, twins are a possibility, unlikely, but a possibility nontheless.

Edited by Soledai

I was also gonna bring up the similarities in sprite designs, but I wrote it off as conjecture. Excellent work, chief

Guys. An avatar in itself isn't really that bad. An avatar that takes away from the main characters is.

I'd love it if the main character was the Avatar. Who knows, maybe they'll have a order/chaos route or you could join the medieval guys or the eastern looking guys. Whichever side you choose will probably win the war between them or something. That's what they mean by big choices affecting the world.

There's a lot of potential here.

A thought ran through my mind looking at those pics and your theory, twins are a possibility, unlikely, but a possibility nontheless.

True.

I wouldn't put a full stop after the topic title if I knew it really was an Avatar : P

That said, it is a bit strange how they skipped past pretty boy's name during his appearance... Suspicious.

I must admit that the first time I saw the mug/portrait shown in kamui_m.png, I thought the head seemed a little... oddly attached? If it is indeed a customizable avatar, that appearance might be as a result of an early prototype of the customization.

Guys. An avatar in itself isn't really that bad. An avatar that takes away from the main characters is.

I'd love it if the main character was the Avatar. Who knows, maybe they'll have a order/chaos route or you could join the medieval guys or the eastern looking guys. Whichever side you choose will probably win the war between them or something. That's what they mean by big choices affecting the world.

There's a lot of potential here.

Agreed here, and..

@underlined: That's one of the best ways you can handle a self-insert character, I think.

I've actually kind of wanted to see something like that in an FE for a while, if it happens, and is delivered well, I'd be suitably impressed

True.

I wouldn't put a full stop after the topic title if I knew it really was an Avatar : P

That said, it is a bit strange how they skipped past pretty boy's name during his appearance... Suspicious.

I'm pretty sure my idea is lacking there, but hey.

I actually missed that detail, that can certainly lend credence to the idea that it is indeed an avatar, for the meticulous observer.

Guys. An avatar in itself isn't really that bad.

It's what drew me into Fire Emblem in the first place: the fact YOU took place in the story, the fact YOU were able to make your own character. It made me feel important, and I was attracted to the story more because of it.

Pardon my French, but I'm tried of people giving so much shit about the fact they don't want an Avatar, the fact they don't wait a Marriage Options like they did in Awakening.

It's what I admired about Awakening, it's what I took an interest in when I bought it, and it's what made me a fan of Fire Emblem. I understand that yes, past Fire Emblem games didn't have this as much, and I shouldn't be a fan of Fire Emblem only because of Awakenings new mechanics, but there's a new game coming up now, and for the first time, I'll be AWAITING a Fire Emblem game.

And if the Avatar/Marriage Options pulled me into getting Awakening in the first place, why wouldn't doing the same thing work for this upcoming game?

It's what drew me into Fire Emblem in the first place: the fact YOU took place in the story, the fact YOU were able to make your own character. It made me feel important, and I was attracted to the story more because of it.

Pardon my French, but I'm tried of people giving so much shit about the fact they don't want an Avatar, the fact they don't wait a Marriage Options like they did in Awakening.

It's what I admired about Awakening, it's what I took an interest in when I bought it, and it's what made me a fan of Fire Emblem. I understand that yes, past Fire Emblem games didn't have this as much, and I shouldn't be a fan of Fire Emblem only because of Awakenings new mechanics, but there's a new game coming up now, and for the first time, I'll be AWAITING a Fire Emblem game.

And if the Avatar/Marriage Options pulled me into getting Awakening in the first place, why wouldn't doing the same thing work for this upcoming game?

Unfortunately the avatar was terribly executed in Awakening. The second half of the statement you quoted is kind of important...

But really then the complaint is the age-old, very common phenomenon called “bad writing.”

Self-insert characters are fine, they are done whimsically in games like Pokemon and spectacularly (by acclamation) in some Bioware games (tho yes some do not like the modern games). Even though similarly prominent trends and tropes may apply (the world/fate/gameplay revolves around you, etc).

For me, it's this character who is a guy, and also is probably the lord:

tumblr_ni6dwdLS2g1rmzb08o3_1280.png

Edit: The head is different, so this could be the male MU.

Edited by Miatshan

More circumstantial evidence.

Exhibit A: You see "male Kamui" near the bottom with darker hair than in the picture with the bandit guy.

Also, if you compare the armies in that picture and Exhibit B. you'll notice they're very similar but "male Kamui" has been swapped with female Kamui.

I agree with the idea of the lord being customizable or either female/male. We saw two sprites, one with short hair and one with long hair.

Now what I'll say here may seems far-fetched

This part with the dragon underwater... I believe Kamui is that dragon.

2e4g9jo.jpg

As stated on the picture above, during the translation to more of a "human" apperance, we can clearly see the clothes get detailed but not the hair which is odd to me. Overall, his costume seems to match the dragon's design...

And that girl who looks like Ninian seems to have a dragon stone around her neck so I wouldn't be surprised if she was one either...

Plus the red eyes indeed, like most dragons characters through the series.

I hope they will make a better work with the story this time too. Please no dating sim crap and more subplots along links to the previous games...