VincentASM

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also gonna bring up the similarities in sprite designs, but I wrote it off as conjecture. Excellent work, chief

Guys. An avatar in itself isn't really that bad. An avatar that takes away from the main characters is.

I'd love it if the main character was the Avatar. Who knows, maybe they'll have a order/chaos route or you could join the medieval guys or the eastern looking guys. Whichever side you choose will probably win the war between them or something. That's what they mean by big choices affecting the world.

There's a lot of potential here.

Well said. I think more of the hate itself should be directed at how generic and rather uninteresting Robin was. Combined in with the fact Awakening was linear with the initial illusion of choices along the way and the introduction of the avatar as a playable unit was ruined. Hopefully the promise of choices that have a larger impact this time around will fix a few major problems with the avatar. But to get rid of it entirely? That's a bit of a jump considering how many people bought Awakening once the heard about the customizable character.

The avatar has the potential to be a well done feature. Let's give them one more chance.

I'd say wait and judge when we have actual information on our new likely avatar, I'd say FE12/13 were good testing grounds for Kris and Robin to see what would and wouldn't work with fans and such.

It could be a regular Lord too, and the fact that 3 characters are very alike make it more likely because they could simply be siblings.

All possible evidences mentionned so far are not confirming an Avatar character but make it possible to believe.

Edited by Chasticot

So...the Lord is an Avatar...and also a dragon?

BEST. LORD. EVER.

And that girl who looks like Ninian seems to have a dragon stone around her neck so I wouldn't be surprised if she was one either...

Yeah, I thought she looked VERY like Ninian as well. I had to check on Ninian's eye colour to make sure it wasn't actually her, but nope, she has true red dragon eyes. The next thought that sprung to mind was...descendant of Nils? But that's obviously very conjectural.

Edited by Murdok Dracul

Why would it be a dragon? I think I missed something

I agree with the idea of the lord being customizable or either female/male. We saw two sprites, one with short hair and one with long hair.

Now what I'll say here may seems far-fetched

This part with the dragon underwater... I believe Kamui is that dragon.

2e4g9jo.jpg

As stated on the picture above, during the translation to more of a "human" apperance, we can clearly see the clothes get detailed but not the hair which is odd to me. Overall, his costume seems to match the dragon's design...

And that girl who looks like Ninian seems to have a dragon stone around her neck so I wouldn't be surprised if she was one either...

See the top of this page

Why would it be a dragon? I think I missed something

There's a separate theory topic for this, but if you check NineIX's first post of this page, it shows a dragon floating above blue dancer girl and it's possible that same dragon is the Avatar.

Plus "male Kamui" has those ominous red eyes.

Oh indeed, have I gone blind?

Plus "male Kamui" has those ominous red eyes.

Apologize to every albino on this planet :c

The fact that he would have red eyes for sure would be against the Avatar thing, kind of.

Edited by Chasticot

The fact that he would have red eyes for sure would be against the Avatar thing, kind of.

If Kamui is more like a cross between Avatar and standard Lord, then I'd be perfectly fine only having limited customisation. Maybe all you actually choose are the name and gender...although his mugshot does look quite 'customisable'-ish.

Edit: Is that Kamui fighting at 1:24 in the trailer? If so, is that a new attack animation for his class? Looks quite like a mercenary to me, but I'm not sure.

Edited by Murdok Dracul

Sorry, I was speaking from an anime perspective, which these games are based off : P

Hmm, why can't an Avatar have red eyes?

At the very least, it's looking like we can adjust the hair colour at least. So there's no reason to suggest you can't change anything else... yet.

Sorry, I was speaking from an anime perspective, which these games are based off : P

Hmm, why can't an Avatar have red eyes?

At the very least, it's looking like we can adjust the hair colour at least. So there's no reason to suggest you can't change anything else... yet.

Don't worry, I was just teasing :p

Avatar can have red eyes o: but I'm one that cannot accept red eyes unless it's with white hair.

I would be surprised if they don't have an Avatar in the game, myself. At least from what I gather... Awakening was pretty successful, and I imagine they'll be wanting to reproduce that success. I just hope they kept the game's flaws in mind when making this, too.

But then, I liked it when Fire Emblems let you create your own character, even when that character was just Mark.

The avatar is most likely going to be back in some way, just based on how popular Awakening was (yes, it get mauled to death here on an hourly basis, but the people here are a minority).

If this is the way they do it, I'm ecstatic. Making the avatar the lord character outright is obvious, prevents them from competing with another character for narrative space, and will allow for storytelling more in line with what older games in the series did.

Yes, good. Shower your choices upon me, IS. Ignore the jeers, they know not what they spurn. Place your feet directly in the gas-powered fireplace of "actually attempting to work some Role-Playing into your Role-Playing Game," turn the flames on, and hold yourselves there. You will emerge stronger than ever before

I mean, hopefully

Edited by Rehab

(You guys posting wouldn't let Fire Emblem bomb, now, right? Nawwww. You would'n do that, wouldja. :p )

Edited by Rehab

Fire Emblem Awakening is my favorite game in the series. I've been a massive fan since the first game launched in the west but I think Awakening was great on every single level including story telling. The only real flaw was the shit co-op and lack of online multiplayer, oh and the DLC. I really hope My Unit returns and Fire Emblem Awakening was the best selling Fire Emblem so general audiences seem to agree. I guess this is the kind of elitist attitude that pops up when your in a tight community for a long time.

I would love the idea of an Avatar! It makes me feel like I'm actually in the game (as strange as that sounds). I just hope that the story doesn't completely revolve around him/her, if there is a Lord character in this game. Robin took Chrom's spotlight away in Awakening.

I also like how decisions you make will affect outcomes in the game! I wish we got a release date so I could preorder!

I would love the idea of an Avatar! It makes me feel like I'm actually in the game (as strange as that sounds). I just hope that the story doesn't completely revolve around him/her, if there is a Lord character in this game. Robin took Chrom's spotlight away in Awakening.

I also like how decisions you make will affect outcomes in the game! I wish we got a release date so I could preorder!

Personally I was a fan of the story not revolving around Chrom. I had enough of the blue haired dude having the story revolve around him. He was just a lord, it was a bait and switch and I liked that. The story was really about Lucina and Robin, that was great to me. Chrom matters because he is a strong leader but the story of the world didn't revolve around this one dude. That being said I wouldn't mind the story revolving around a lord or two again so long as we got a female lord who also was at the center.

Is it possible that this 'Kamui' is the lord (main protagonist) of the game, but you are able to choose whether they are male or female?

As for them being an avatar... Ka-Mu-i? Ha, not really. Nonetheless, this is a really interesting topic.

It seems to be the general theory floating around since he's referred as 'Lord Kamui' by the maid and as a prince by the soldier.

Kamui can be translated as ''god'' or ''divine spirit'' and can be used for both male and female deities.

It seems to be the general theory floating around since he's referred as 'Lord Kamui' by the maid and as a prince by the soldier.

Kamui can be translated as ''god'' or ''divine spirit'' and can be used for both male and female deities.

So I guess that could mean we're in for a 'divine vessel of a deity ala micaiah/robin' round 2, or a deity in the flesh? I mean, that's cool if that's the avatar, but I just hope they are indeed the leading main character, cuz its kinda hard to compete with that for screen time.....

Sounds like a cool name either way. Which makes me wonder if the name is customizable as well....