VincentASM

Personally I was a fan of the story not revolving around Chrom. I had enough of the blue haired dude having the story revolve around him. He was just a lord, it was a bait and switch and I liked that. The story was really about Lucina and Robin, that was great to me. Chrom matters because he is a strong leader but the story of the world didn't revolve around this one dude. That being said I wouldn't mind the story revolving around a lord or two again so long as we got a female lord who also was at the center.

I can agree with the bit on having a blue haired male main character being a bit stale. But I liked the idea of the lord unit being the main character, mainly because if they die then its game over. So because they are protected by plot armor I feel they should contribute more to the plot. A story revolving around two lords sounds really cool to me. A female lord in the action is awesome too! Ugh... I can't wait for this game already!

Edited by Mystical_Ice

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess that could mean we're in for a 'divine vessel of a deity ala micaiah/robin' round 2, or a deity in the flesh? I mean, that's cool if that's the avatar, but I just hope they are indeed the leading main character, cuz its kinda hard to compete with that for screen time.....

Sounds like a cool name either way. Which makes me wonder if the name is customizable as well....

Possibly, since the theory that the dragon holding the dancer's throat being Kamui has also been thrown around. And it would be nice if the Avatar is actually the leading lord instead of a non Lord character that hogs all the attention.

I don't see why it wouldn't be customizable if it is indeed a MU type unit

Y'know, I have to admit. The idea of the lord being the avatar appeals to me. I mean, he's been every other position. Bodyguard, Tactician...

Edit: Lol, Lux ninja'd me

Edited by Sorin

I can agree with the bit on having a blue haired male main character being a bit stale. But I liked the idea of the lord unit being the main character, mainly because if they die then its game over. So because they are protected by plot armor I feel they should contribute more to the plot. A story revolving around two lords sounds really cool to me. A female lord in the action is awesome too! Ugh... I can't wait for this game already!

I just feel like the story of the world shouldn't always revolve around a person born into royalty. I enjoyed that about Path Of Radiance, a person born into a position of power is the only person to have plot armor, it's just a bit lame. I don't mind it happening in some games I just don't want it in every title.

I just feel like the story of the world shouldn't always revolve around a person born into royalty. I enjoyed that about Path Of Radiance, a person born into a position of power is the only person to have plot armor, it's just a bit lame. I don't mind it happening in some games I just don't want it in every title.

Oh ok, I see what you mean. When I said lord, I meant characters that lead the army, which includes Ike. I used the term "lord" too loosely, whoops. :sweatdrop:

Edited by Mystical_Ice

Oh ok, I see what you mean. When I said lord, I meant characters that lead the army, which includes Ike. I used the term "lord" too loosely, whoops. :sweatdrop:

I get that, I do think the plot of awakening was actually move revolved around Lucina then any character and she is a person who lead an army. She is the only reason Awakening isn't a story where everyone dies in the end. She leads the kids back from the future, she tries to alter what she can and she really has so many hard choices to make over the coarse of the game. I think Chorm and Robin kind of stood in equally important ground where they were partners and equals despite their blood ties. I found that rather interesting as well. Obviously stories are going to effect everyone differently so I totally understand wanting to see Chrom take a bigger role or have the armies leader take the lead. I personally just love getting into characters that have to make harsh choices or characters that "shouldn't" be as "big" as they were.

I, for one, hope the avatar stays. I like having a customizable character.

I'm hoping this too. Sure Awakenings story could have been executed better, but it was nice using the avatar in a way that was like a gateway between you and the story. What I'm hoping for next are decisions that the avatar can make which changes the outcome of the game ala SMT style.

I don't mind having the avatar customization back as well. Although it would be nice if MU would have some nice character development. The one in awakening was okay but pretty bland overall. Or maybe we could have a choose-your-own class avatar just for the variety; he wouldnt exactly be the center of the story but the fact that you have a customized character in it is still nice.

I don't mind having the avatar customization back as well. Although it would be nice if MU would have some nice character development. The one in awakening was okay but pretty bland overall. Or maybe we could have a choose-your-own class avatar just for the variety; he wouldnt exactly be the center of the story but the fact that you have a customized character in it is still nice.

Maybe a pick a personality type thing could mitigate that or having a more interesting preset one.

Personally, I don't want the avatar to get back, or if he's back, I want it to be :

-Or WELL WELL WELL less powerful than the normal units.

-Or as powerful as the others.

I found really stupid to OVERCHEAT MU in Awakening, so lol I can faceroll the game so kewl xd

Personally the avatar is only going to work well 1 of 2 ways.

Either they are the absolute main character so they don't steal the spotlight from another one.

or have them exist but be insignificant to the plot see FE7

Personally the avatar is only going to work well 1 of 2 ways.

Either they are the absolute main character so they don't steal the spotlight from another one.

or have them exist but be insignificant to the plot see FE7

Why shouldn't multiple characters have the spotlight. Some of the greatest stories are pieces that string together several great characters that get equal focus. These are games that last many more hours then films and films manage to do it, I don't see a problem taking time away from a person. I don't think previous Fire Emblems with multiple lords were bad so why is Robin bad?

Why shouldn't multiple characters have the spotlight. Some of the greatest stories are pieces that string together several great characters that get equal focus. These are games that last many more hours then films and films manage to do it, I don't see a problem taking time away from a person. I don't think previous Fire Emblems with multiple lords were bad so why is Robin bad?

Robin makes Chrom completely insignificant to his own game. Robin takes the spotlight from every single other character, if you look at an FE like Sacred Stones for instance or Path of Radiance, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike and Elincia did not take the spotlight from every other character. They were the most prominent yes, but other characters were allowed to help them build their world with their dialog.

Robin makes everyone else look like absolute buffoons.

Robin makes Chrom completely insignificant to his own game. Robin takes the spotlight from every single other character, if you look at an FE like Sacred Stones for instance or Path of Radiance, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike and Elincia did not take the spotlight from every other character. They were the most prominent yes, but other characters were allowed to help them build their world with their dialog.

Robin makes everyone else look like absolute buffoons.

I didn't feel that way about how the story played out but I totally understand how you could have taken the story this way. I think several characters, namely Lucina had a ton of agency in the game world. I would have liked for more characters to be relevant but no one ever said it was Chroms game. It's not called Fire Emblem: Chrom's special fun time, it's not like Chrom is a character we all cared about before awakening and they stole time from a fan favorite.

I didn't feel that way about how the story played out but I totally understand how you could have taken the story this way. I think several characters, namely Lucina had a ton of agency in the game world. I would have liked for more characters to be relevant but no one ever said it was Chroms game. It's not called Fire Emblem: Chrom's special fun time, it's not like Chrom is a character we all cared about before awakening and they stole time from a fan favorite.

He's the Lord for crying out loud. It's suppose to be his story.

Agreed. I never felt like Chrom ever took a backseat to MU.

Awakening isn't Chrom's story at all. It's the story of Chrom and MU's friendship. It's the story of the rise and fall of Grima the fell dragon. Hell the only two characters who can kill Grima are MU and Chrom. I'm tired of ppl complaining about Chrom not getting enough focus. He's in almost every single cutscene. He gets a ton of badass lines. He develops into a leader to become an exalt worthy of Emmeryn. He gets an unbreakable healing sword. He gets awesome heartfelt cutscenes with his daughter. What more can you ask from a character?

Edited by Shadow Knight

He's the Lord for crying out loud. It's suppose to be his story.

Ike wasn't a lord, it wasn't the story of the princess. I don't want the story to always be the story of the guy in the castle who lived a great life, trained for war a bit, life turns to shit and we have to watch out hero go rich boy show that he was better and meant to be happy like before. That's not bad story telling when done once but they don't need to do that story after story after story.

Agreed. I never felt like Chrom ever took a backseat to MU.

Awakening isn't Chrom's story at all. It's the story of Chrom and MU's friendship. It's the story of the rise and fall of Grima the fell dragon. Hell the only two characters who can kill Grima are MU and Chrom. I'm tired of ppl complaining about Chrom not getting enough focus. He's in almost every single cutscene. He gets a ton of badass lines. He develops into a leader to become an exalt worthy of Emmeryn. He gets an unbreakable healing sword. He gets awesome heartfelt cutscenes with his daughter. What more can you ask from a character?

Yah Chrom is for sure an equal to Robin in the story, but apparently getting to be on the same footing as a person is the same as taking everything from them. I do think Lucina should have had been an option to kill Grima as well since I do think the story was about her as much as the other two but they all got their fair share of time. I think it was done way better then when we had Lyn, Eli, and Hector.

I don't see how Nintendo and IS can shy away from Avatar characters. They played a large part in the Awakening's success and what made the game so well received. If you took it out, the new fans might not return.

If My Unit comes back, I hope there's more customization opens. 8U 5 Hairstyles isn't a lot to have fun with. And if different builds return, shota My Units need to keep their shota model, a unique model somehow. I couldn't stay as a Sorcerer like I wanted in my shota!MU file because a child/young teen's head on a muscular chest body was too disturbing.

If My Unit comes back, I hope there's more customization opens. 8U 5 Hairstyles isn't a lot to have fun with. And if different builds return, shota My Units need to keep their shota model, a unique model somehow. I couldn't stay as a Sorcerer like I wanted in my shota!MU file because a child/young teen's head on a muscular chest body was too disturbing.

I'd love skin color choices and a lot more choices in all the places we had choices. I thought it was odd that Robin was white if they were going to give him a default skin color since his dad isn't. I mean i can live without much improvements to the my unit creation but the more they have the better for me.

Definitely. If not all of the characters can we atleast customize the MU and the lords' armor at least. Or maybe just the color. Awakening didn't have enough customization on that end imo.

My opinion on Robin stealing Chrom's spotlight is this: Robin is important, but Chrom is pushed as the lord. He has the class, and he's forced on every map, in addition to both giving you a game over. There are some people who are putting Chrom as the least important character of him, Lucina, and Robin in Awakening. … A relatively significant amount. In that case, I say Chrom did not get enough spotlight.