VincentASM

Avatar reminds me of the TV show.

Don't forget about the crappy movie too.

Oh and Aang's outfit needs to be an alternate costume for Robin in smash 5. Eruwindo!

Oh my god, just realized that Robin is a master of the elements.

Also which crappy movie? The overrated CGI action flick or the adaptational shitstorm?

And so it was a time of peace and prosperity in the Serenes Forest Forums. There were disscussions on the new games IS was coming out with and much "hype". But all of that changed when the fire nation attacked...

Sorry I couldn't resist.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm staying out of any debates here, but I will say that if they bring back the Avatar they should stop reminding you every 2 seconds that you're the most amazing piece of ass in the entire game whom without we would be helpless.

I like it tho...

It was my favorite thing from FE7 where characters were like "Yo, that tactician is mad good"

...Wow, when did this thread turn into a spamfest?

Anyway, I actually found Robin to be interesting history and ability-wise. A unit that uses swords and magic is sweet and the amnesia and vessel stuff was pretty fascinating. But he/she could've had a better personality and less praise. The Sue traits kinda kept the Avatar from being a favorite for me in the series.

If the avatar isn't :

- Someone who is praised for everything he do.

- Someone who can reclass to almost any class of the game.

- Someone who steal the show of the real MC.

- Someone who can wield swords and tomes immediately.

- Someone who can choose his qualities and flaws.

- Someone who gain immediately 50% XP more than the others characters.

- Someone who can marry everyone, even kids.

I would be ok with that.

Edited by Missile

Debate ? Where ? I don't see any debate.

I'll be happy if the Avatar wasn't a dumb naive gary-suish wreck.
And he was just that in Awakening.

And in FE12.

Thought for Awakening, I blame the crappy writing and story more than the character itself.

Oh boy. Kamui even sorta have a shota face, if he is the Avatar, this is going to be painful.

If the avatar isn't :

I would be ok with that.

I would be ok if the avatar was the MC though. I don't think kamui will have tomes at all given his/her fighting style and armor. As a result, it also wouldn't make much sense to select traits like robin did. I hope that veteran is a late game scroll skill or something. Also hoping that since he's probably the lord, he won't be able to do crazy reclasses. I also imagine the support system getting tweaked, but kamui will probably have a support with the majority of the cast. Though, I think kamui will be addressed more directly more often (wasn't he called naive?) also being the likely younger sibling to max, kamui's flaw might be inexperience.

I kinda want to see something like having characters Kamui can't support with because of personal vendettas. Like Raven in FE7 hating Hector type stuff. "I didn't join this army because I liked you, it's cause my sister/brother/spouse/special somebody fights for you. But as for me, I wouldn't care if you got run through with a sword." That kind of stuff. Heck, make it true for multiple characters, too. Like, I'm fine with Kamui being able to support with the majority of the army, but there's gotta be at least some people that he's pissed off to the point that the reason they fight with you is because you're friends with their friend.

And for the love of god no Tharja expy. No Tharja-dressed character, no Tharja-personality character. There are ways of being a fan of the Avatar that don't involve stalker-levels of creepiness. A better way would be like having a little fanboy/girl that if Kamui was like "I need a glass of water" they'd bring every flask of water they could find to him. And that should be the only character that worships the ground the Avatar walks on.

If the avatar isn't :

I would be ok with that.

Agreed with most of this however, what's so bad about being able to reclass to any Class in the game? If the avatar for all intents and purposes is you, and starts out as a mage, and you hate mages with a passion, wouldn't you want to reclass to anything you want for your character? Just how I personally feel but hey, I can see how it is a bit overpowered in some ways. But for the sake of choice, if I was putting myself into a game, I'd be whatever the hell I wanted!

Of course, not all of us view the avatar as "you" but for the ones that do, reclassing with freedom of choice is an amazing feature.

I suspect if Kamui is the main character you may be limited in reclassing options like Chrom, but who knows. I always get the giggly giddy feeling when a new FE is announced.

Isn't that the truth though? Without you the player to guide them they will die.

That seems to mostly be because everybody else has no idea how to command an army. Seriously, did Chrom and his friends just sit around drinking like "I wish we had somebody who could tell use where to swing our swords at."

I like it tho...

It was my favorite thing from FE7 where characters were like "Yo, that tactician is mad good"

I was more talking about Awakening, FE7 it isn't done nearly as much and it isn't usually for things like "Chrom go fight those bandits over there and hide the healer so she doesn't die." "Woah, I would have never thought of that. Thanks!"

Overall I think an avatar as the main character is interesting.

I am personally not much of a fan of these "self-insert-characters" as they usually lack a lot in terms of personality and I rarely see myself in them,however if it was more like a customizable main character,who does have his/her own personality then I'm fine with it(I actually think that robin is a bit better than many other self-insert-characters,since he/she had at least a bit of personality,sure a bit generic,but at least it was something)

Also I agree that the avatar shouldn't get access too all other classes.

It looks cool on paper,but it ends up pretty broken(at least if they reuse the skill system from awakening),I'd say that if class change is an option again at all,the avatar should have as much classes to choose from as all the others(maybe they could simply give him/her a mounted and a mage class as alternative?)

After reading the analysis on the main site, I've come up with a question: what if the prince and Kamui are twins like Eirika and Ephraim instead of them being a lord avatar (le what)? I think this because Felicia refers to Lord/Lady Kamui and might be the girl fighting the fighter in the snow chapter, and as far as I know we don't know the Prince's name (or am I late to some news?). Maybe the prince and Kamui side with each faction of the war and end up being the said third party with the dancer's help or something, I don't know.

But there's something else up: the troubadour that appears as an enemy on one of the prince's chapters and then she appears as an ally on Kamui's snow chapter. So that's me thinking.

If the game were to have an avatar, I hope to see the likes of Mark but no more MU/Avatar >_>.

And the idea of avatar being a lord/prince/princess is like lolwut

Will there be a both gendered avatar?

If you're asking whether or not the avatar can be either male or female, there's pretty much a 99.9% chance of that being "yes."

But if you're asking if the avatar will be both genders simultaneously...I don't think so.

Does anyone think Kamui is related to that old ruler we saw a glimpse of in the trailer?

Oh gods i hope so. The reason i want that so much, is because i want to be able to have the choice to pick a side of the conflict. I am so sick of having to play the side of protags i dont agree with. (hence why FE10 is so much fun for me) If this title is all about choices, that should be one of them. Motivation can be because Kamui's arse meets throne, or something that can really be justified for him/her joining the other side. Sorry, but im still salty i had to go with Emmeryn's BS from the last game. Hisssssss.

Don't forget about the crappy movie too.

Oh and Aang's outfit needs to be an alternate costume for Robin in smash 5. Eruwindo!

Everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

One thing though: Kamui must have a nappy hair option. Tired of this animu slick ass hairstyle stuff. Lets have a nappy haired warrior choice please.

One thing though: Kamui must have a nappy hair option. Tired of this animu slick ass hairstyle stuff. Lets have a nappy haired warrior choice please.

what do you mean by "nappy hair"

all that I get when I run "nappy" through the dictionary is

nappy 1 |ˈnapē| noun (pl. nappies) Brit.

a baby's diaper.

ORIGIN early 20th cent.: abbreviation of napkin .

and I don't think you're advocating making the avatar a literal shithead

(I am actually curious and not just being a smartass)

hairwise for me, it'd be cool to have long or long-ish guyhair that doesn't look oily as fuck

(I mean build 3 had an ok one iirc but the others could use them too)

what do you mean by "nappy hair"

all that I get when I run "nappy" through the dictionary is

and I don't think you're advocating making the avatar a literal shithead

(I am actually curious and not just being a smartass)

hairwise for me, it'd be cool to have long or long-ish guyhair that doesn't look oily as fuck

(I mean build 3 had an ok one iirc but the others could use them too)

Dude, like fuggin' dreadlocks and shit.

If you're asking whether or not the avatar can be either male or female, there's pretty much a 99.9% chance of that being "yes."

But if you're asking if the avatar will be both genders simultaneously...I don't think so.

I really liked Awakening as its my first 3DS game. Really enjoyed being a female tactician ^^

I'm ruling out Amnesia in Kamui's back story like Robin since I doubt IS would pull that card twice in a row and that he's met by people who know him/her, rendering amnesia pointless. Interestingly, he/she appears younger than Robin, which to me means that they won't treat him like he's the know it all to save everything? (unless IS establishes the lord as some tactical prodigy for some reason). Also, the chapter where Kamui encounters Gans looks like the first chapter in the game after the inevitable prologue which probably involves Felicia and the dancer. The reason I say this is because there's the Oifey/Jagen unit right behind him on the bridge which leads to nowhere further back, no other player units are present.

I'm guessing Kamui had to run from the capital due to the actions of his father who probably uses the disappearance as a scapegoat to attack the eastern neighbors and repeat events similar to those found in the painting.

Edited by Neoleo21

The bridge ? I didn't see that.

So it would be why this Gans guy called him naive ? Because said prince thought it would be a good idea to stand on the tiny bridge made of wood, alone with only his Jagen behind him and said bandit in front of him ? It would super-lame.

Nice theory, it make sense, thought having a main character that naive is pain in the ass, but if it's the beginning... Though I'm not hoping for something as suble as Marth's development in SD.
Gee, I'm having some flashback of FEA's Chapter 7 all of sudden.

Edited by B.Leu

I'm ruling out Amnesia in Kamui's back story like Robin since I doubt IS would pull that card twice in a row and that he's met by people who know him/her, rendering amnesia pointless. Interestingly, he/she appears younger than Robin, which to me means that they won't treat him like he's the know it all to save everything? (unless IS establishes the lord as some tactical prodigy for some reason). Also, the chapter where Kamui encounters Gans looks like the first chapter in the game after the inevitable prologue which probably involves Felicia and the dancer. The reason I say this is because there's the Oifey/Jagen unit right behind him on the bridge which leads to nowhere further back, no other player units are present.

I'm guessing Kamui had to run from the capital due to the actions of his father who probably uses the disappearance as a scapegoat to attack the eastern neighbors and repeat events similar to those found in the painting.

The idea I'm most confident is, Kamui chooses which side he wants, and is run out of the castle because A. He is a traitor, or B. Because the main characters home is attacked for the billionth time. But I like your idea better than the typical IS opening story.