Known Information

VincentASM

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad for a teaser, I hope the soundtrack improves because awakening was lacking. Good music is a must for me to get excited and such, I also think the spites could be polished up a bit.

What if "if" doesn't refer to the english word but to the french word for the yew tree ?

I doubt it. It's probably used to imply 'a hypothetical situation' or 'an alternate route reality could take'. It's ironic that the crossover series, Shin Megami Tensei, actually has a game called Shin Megami Tensei If.

[spoiler=SMT extremely minor spoilers]Basically in the original SMT game Japan is nuked which sets off the apocalypse, but in SMT If the person who launched them wasn't able to and the game follows an event in Tokyo that could have happened if the apocalypse never occurred.

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr

Not bad for a teaser, I hope the soundtrack improves because awakening was lacking. Good music is a must for me to get excited and such,

Me too. I hope Yuka Tsujiyoko will be the main composer again. Though the only song she contributed to Awakening wasn't that great.

...Wow. Just wow. I always thought the Japanese sucked with names, but this is so bad it's hilarious. The word isn't even capitalized. Now I actually worry what the English name will be.

Can you not, for once? The game is advertised by "Having the toughest choices yet" in the series. Thats the reason the Japanese title is "If". Symbolism is important and its pretty offensive to be like "omg so dumb" when its working title is alluding to something within the game itself.

Two-for-one feels :(

-----------------------

There's an awful lot of females around this time.

Bout time.

Exactly.

Waifu Emblem 2 conframed.

Really? We're doin that? Assuming having female characters is waifuing and, not, oh i dont know, female characters? Seriously?

That Max dude looks amazing and i love the design on that redheaded pegknight. Is that a female fighter i see?

Me too. I hope Yuka Tsujiyoko will be the main composer again. Though the only song she contributed to Awakening wasn't that great.

Yeah that would be great, also which piece did she contributed to in Awakening?

Thank you.

...er "if" is a somewhat popular 'cool English word' to use in japanese titles, it comes from "what if _____" which emphasizes choice making. (or some sort of alternate universe sequel, but I think it's got more to do with choice making based on narration)

Your explanation just sold me on it.

The dancer girl is "Nainin". That's that then, because guess what Nainin is backwards?

Elibian Lucina confirmed

Yeah that would be great, also which piece did she contributed to in Awakening?

Did she even compose? I know she was credited for the songs that appeared in the previous FEs, (like the theme obviously, Tiki's theme, and such since she composed those)

Edited by Soledai

Genuine query: what kind of name is 'if'.

What kind of name is Parrhesia?

Seriously, though, it probably has something to do with the choice aspect they mentioned. "What if you had chosen differently?" "What if this event never happened" etc.

OMG HYPE!

This is the best surprise to come home to. SO excited; I was pinching myself the whole time to make sure I wasn't dreaming. It's happened before....

Is it just me or is there kind of a west vs east feel to this? And why does that giant behemoth thing look like that Mouth of Truth item from Animal Crossing? And what's with the FEET? Is there really feet this time around? SO MUCH HYPE!

Your explanation just sold me on it.

The dancer girl is "Nainin". That's that then, because guess what Nainin is backwards?

Elibian Lucina confirmed

Also yeah that; is that a placeholder name or is that her legit name? Because that would be too convenient if it was.....

And is this a completely new world? Aaaggh, so many questions and no release date in sight, but I don't care, I'M SO HAPPY THERE'S AN FE14 ON THE WAY!