Known Information

VincentASM

What kind of name is Parrhesia?

Seriously, though, it probably has something to do with the choice aspect they mentioned. "What if you had chosen differently?" "What if this event never happened" etc.

(hi guests, feel free to sign up/in~!)

Ahem. . ."if" could possibly be some sort of unofficial abbreviation, perhaps? We'd need more details, though (like, a plot, for one).

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has probably come up a lot and people have most likely already made the connection but... does that stone giant thing have the mouth of truth as a head?

Yes it is or at least it's very similar.

This has probably come up a lot and people have most likely already made the connection but... does that stone giant thing have the mouth of truth as a head?

Yes it does

Also resembles the Mask of the Father from Dark Souls

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by The Dark Armorknight

The pegs don't have pants don't spread false hope Lumi.

they sure as fuck looked like pants in the opening cutscene unless it's the cheap ass fake pants the falcos and paladins have in which case fuck

or the skin texture is really weird

[spoiler=screenshot]5b67e65767.png

I fucking hope that isn't skin because skin doesn't fold that way

warning: huge image because retina screenshots are massive

Edited by Thor Odinson

Not bad, although you missed Rinka, I believe.

Also I think who you've tentatively named "Acqua" is the dancer girl from the cutscenes. Would make sense since she's in nearly every battle map.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned. But I see the prince in that picture having brown hair instead of his normal white hair. I think there has already been a consensus that he/she is the Avatar, but I thought I'd point it out.

Edited by Leif

Retoast from another thread:

I am curious as to why the JP version decided to go with 'if' in their working title. Reminds me too much of SMT: If..., the game that eventually spawned the Persona series.

This has probably been beaten to death but idgaf. But based off of what Iwata stated, the 'If' probably refers to the choices we make through out the game. From this I can gather that there will be a huge emphasis on your choices having an impact, which is a plus for me. I hated how in Awakening we had the illusion of choice, and only one choice at the very end mattered (somewhat).

The illusion of choice has been a huge problem for me in Japanese games lately, and I'm really glad Fire Emblem If is hopefully not doing this.

OMG HYPE!

This is the best surprise to come home to. SO excited; I was pinching myself the whole time to make sure I wasn't dreaming. It's happened before....

Is it just me or is there kind of a west vs east feel to this? And why does that giant behemoth thing look like that Mouth of Truth item from Animal Crossing? And what's with the FEET? Is there really feet this time around? SO MUCH HYPE!

Also yeah that; is that a placeholder name or is that her legit name? Because that would be too convenient if it was.....

And is this a completely new world? Aaaggh, so many questions and no release date in sight, but I don't care, I'M SO HAPPY THERE'S AN FE14 ON THE WAY!

The Mouth of Truth is an Italian artifact

Yeah that would be great, also which piece did she contributed to in Awakening?

The only song where Yuka was credited (that I found) was Champion, which is a remake of Like Father, Like Son from Path of Radiance.

Edited by Power Master

I don't know if this has already been mentioned. But I see the prince in that picture having brown hair instead of his normal white hair. I think there has already been a consensus that he/she is the Avatar, but I thought I'd point it out.

Yay the Avatar is returning (likely)

I thought it would become a series staple now cause it was in two games in a row

Think this game could take place in a setting that was rejected? i.e. a more modern world or Mars? Or maybe a continuation of Magvel's era?

Edited by Power Master

What "if" Intelligent Systems got inspiration from Shin Megami Tensei and made

This guy the Law hero, this guy the Chaos hero, made the dancer/manakete the main character, and gave the game 3 endings? It'd fit in with the "...but what if?" theme.

Spoiler alert:

99% not going to happen

Think this game could take place in a setting that was rejected? i.e. a more modern world or Mars?

Highly unlikely. It appears to draw upon a medieval/high fantasy setting. The plot will most likely revolve around the conflict between the Eastern and Western cultures (of this fantasy world). Since the screenshots depict many player units from the Eastern setting, the "good" guys will probably be the Easterners where the "bad" guys will be the Westerners.

Edited by Leif

What "if" Intelligent Systems got inspiration from Shin Megami Tensei and made

This guy the Law hero, this guy the Chaos hero, made the dancer/manakete the main character, and gave the game 3 endings? It'd fit in with the "...but what if?" theme.

What if the game was made so you could choose your side: Good or bad? That'd be interesting, wouldn't it?

The Mouth of Truth is an Italian artifact

Yeah, I knew it was a real world artifact. I had just seen it mostly in Animal Crossing when I was younger. Which gave me a bit of a shock to see it randomly stuck on the head of a titan. I wonder what happened there....and if that's supposed to be some sort of symbol.....

What if the game was made so you could choose your side: Good or bad? That'd be interesting, wouldn't it?

From what I understand, SMT fundamentally isn't about "good" or "bad," it's about whether the corruption of the side of order is worth destroying it and the securities order provides to make way for a fundamentally new paradigm; Law versus Chaos.

Let's break it down, character by character:

-Yune: Chaos

-Ashera: Law

-Zephiel: Chaos

-Roy: Law

-Celice/Leif: Chaos

-Julius/Arvis: Law

-Eliwood/Lyn/Hector: Law

-Nergal: Chaos

Edited by Kysafen

Highly unlikely. It appears to draw upon a medieval/high fantasy setting. The plot will most likely revolve around the conflict between the Eastern and Western cultures (of this fantasy world). Since the screenshots depict many player units from the Eastern setting, the "good" guys will probably be the Easterners where the "bad" guys will be the Westerners.

Oooooooooh symbolism off the bat. Love it.

Yeah, I knew it was a real world artifact. I had just seen it mostly in Animal Crossing when I was younger. Which gave me a bit of a shock to see it randomly stuck on the head of a titan. I wonder what happened there....and if that's supposed to be some sort of symbol.....

I was wondering too what it's significance will be. Maybe they'll integrate the legend that if you tell a lie while having your hand in the face's mouth it will bite it off (except it will be a giant titan that squishes you when you tell a lie)

From what I understand, SMT fundamentally isn't about "good" or "bad," it's about whether the corruption of the side of order is worth destroying it and the securities order provides to make way for a fundamentally new paradigm; Law versus Chaos.

Let's break it down, character by character:

-Yune: Chaos

-Ashera: Law

-Zephiel: Chaos

-Roy: Law

-Celice/Leif: Chaos

-Julius/Arvis: Law

-Eliwood/Lyn/Hector: Law

-Nergal: Chaos

I'd honestly argue Zephiel leans much more towards law. He wanted 'perfect' (the dragons) beings to rule the continent, not drive it to destruction.

they sure as fuck looked like pants in the opening cutscene unless it's the cheap ass fake pants the falcos and paladins have in which case fuck

or the skin texture is really weird

[spoiler=screenshot]5b67e65767.png

I fucking hope that isn't skin because skin doesn't fold that way

warning: huge image because retina screenshots are massive

Oh snap I thought you meant the in game model of the red head. She had no pants but those falcons have pants. Get hype.

So. Much. Hype, I did a scream. No seriously, I did just that. A high-pitched scream. In my room. Alone.
And I don't regret it. So. Much. Hype. Just thinking about it. I'm still shaky.

I'm not the only who thought about SMTif then.

Giantdad and Smelter Demon confirmed, it will probably tell what happened between Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2

If there is one things that's strange it's the icon, it must be a beta or something.

And dat future dancer waifu.

I'd honestly argue Zephiel leans much more towards law. He wanted 'perfect' (the dragons) beings to rule the continent, not drive it to destruction.

When you said it like that, he remind me of Zelenin.

I wonder if there would be a neutral path ? A true SMT neutral path, as in a 'I'm just going to do my own things, so stop bothering me', not a power of friendship/humanity kind or a bad one. I'm looking at you, Strange Journey and SMT4.

Or something a la Der Langrisser maybe ? The hype, the hype.

Edited by B.Leu