Known Information

VincentASM

After rewatching that part many times, I have a feeling all three characters in the battle are of the same class.

They all have baggy pants, a midriff and puffy sleeves. The first playable character and the enemy both have fans too.

I'm thinking they may belong to an Axe/Magic class personally, since there hasn't been one yet (excluding Dread Fighters etc.). With the mace counting as an axe.

I noticed the same thing, though I was wondering it it was possible that the fact that they were dressed similarly, yet used different weapons could mean the return of separate mage class for each anima magic, with these fire mage using some sort of enchanted mace. The more probable scenario is that they're both Mace/Magic classes, but I think the return of class for specific magic would be fun.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or at least put a note saying the asterisks indicate placeholder names : P

That won't be enough. This is how urban legends are born- leave it as it is and there will be fanon that this dancer is/is related to Ninian even if the game explicitly takes place in another continuity.

Anyway, the gameplay footage in the trailer was clearly on a regular XL screen (note the different camera design for the new 3ds) so it's definitely not going to be new exclusive.

Oh... And the music reminds me of Skyward Sword, and there seems to be a greater abundance of colored hair.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Alright, time for super minor nitpicks and overanalysis and whatnot from me.

1:31- Is that a Thief with a Bow? Also, that map looks a lot like Defense, which could mean more objectives.

1:39- There's something on the ground on the left side of the river. It looks like a new design for shiny tiles.

1:41- There seem to be a good deal of promoted enemies early on- but with very different placing styles from Awakening's promotes and much earlier appearances. This could indicate different enemy layout design, 3rd tier classes or plot significant units playing a role mid-map, all of which would be good things.

1:51- There's something that looks like a Taguel to Ganz's right. But it's also holding a sword...

1:52- That Marx fellow's headband/circlet thing has an extremely similar design to Nowi's. In fact, I think it's exactly the same. Manaketes and whatnot fighting untransformed, please?

1:53- No pants. I really hope that one gets changed.

1:55- That's definitely a Knight and it looks like a toned down version of Awakening- not all better but still getting there.

1:59- Did that Risen's head fall off when it was defeated?

Finally, while there are a few clips of units fighting together and getting DSes/DGs, there's no map footage of units being paired up.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Alright, time for super minor nitpicks and overanalysis and whatnot from me.

1:31- Is that a Thief with a Bow? Also, that map looks a lot like Defense, which could mean more objectives.

1:39- There's something on the ground on the left side of the river. It looks like a new design for shiny tiles.

1:41- There seem to be a good deal of promoted enemies early on- but with very different placing styles from Awakening's promotes and much earlier appearances. This could indicate different enemy layout design, 3rd tier classes or plot significant units playing a role mid-map, all of which would be good things.

1:51- There's something that looks like a Taguel to Ganz's right. But it's also holding a sword...

1:52- That Marx fellow's headband/circlet thing has an extremely similar design to Nowi's. In fact, I think it's exactly the same. Manaketes and whatnot fighting untransformed, please?

1:53- No pants. I really hope that one gets changed.

1:55- That's definitely a Knight and it looks like a toned down version of Awakening- not all better but still getting there.

1:59- Did that Risen's head fall off when it was defeated?

Finally, while there are a few clips of units fighting together and getting DSes/DGs, there's no map footage of units being paired up.

Vince has the eyes of a hawk laguz and noticed the pair up icon in the Pegasus Knight segment.

BiO4Dt4.png

Mashing pause, managed to get a screenie of it.

HEy did anyone else see this or is it just me but when that one sword person fought the enemy that had a bow i thought i saw green and red arrows indicating weapon triangle bonuses?

There's a whole topic dedicated to it.

Edited by L95

A little more:

Pretty sure that thing around the Dancer's neck is the Fire Emblem. It's certainly the resident plot artifact that reacts to dragons.

Check out the different colored auras near the end of the trailer. Are they significant, and do the two swordsmen have different ones?

Looking at Marx kill the golem, I just realize its head it totally glitched, I don't think it was supposed to re-appear during the death animation after the battle damage like that lol

I posted something in the 'New 3DS Fire Emblem game'. The monster doesn't get decapitated, he's just wearing a mask that gets removed after he gets hit. There's also a Fighter that seemingly loses its armor after getting hit. Here's a link to the post with pictures

Loooong reply because you guys are really fast.

Did I see playable soldiers? The girl in pink armor, the one who dual guarded the mounted character? She clearly was lance-wielding infantry, and her design was very similar to the halberdiers and sentinels from FE9 and FE10.

I'm under the impression that that's an armour knight, just redesigned.

At 1:25, is it an Halberdier or just a Knight and saw it wrong.

Also, FE7if confirmed

I wonder how the Chinese FE fans reacted to the title.

What if "if" doesn't refer to the english word but to the french word for the yew tree ?

Iwata explained the title's meaning in the Japanese Direct. If really means if, and yes, it is referring to the player's decisions.

​

Me too. I hope Yuka Tsujiyoko will be the main composer again. Though the only song she contributed to Awakening wasn't that great.

I dunno. Her Smash Wii U contributions weren't exactly stellar. I liked her recruitment themeremix, but I could say the same to the FE3 Medley and the FE2 battle theme. But at the same time, I think it's kind of weird to have FE games without her music at all.

And I'm still hoping for FE4-style music. Super Famicom in general has the best music IMO, and even among them FE4 stood out.

I fucking hope that isn't skin because skin doesn't fold that way

I don't think that's skin at all...

Think this game could take place in a setting that was rejected? i.e. a more modern world or Mars? Or maybe a continuation of Magvel's era?

Huh? I thought Mars / Modern Emblem led to SMTxFE, not this...

So. Much. Hype, I did a scream. No seriously, I did just that. A high-pitched scream. In my room. Alone.
And I don't regret it. So. Much. Hype. Just thinking about it. I'm still shaky.

I'm not the only who thought about SMTif then.

Pretty much here. As soon as I saw the pegasus knight I knew it's FE. And yeah, that's what the "if" name reminded me of. For a moment I thought they ditched SMTxFE and this game is a replacement of that.

(Not-Ninian didn't remind me of Ninian though; the first thing came to mind was Micaiah.)

Did I see playable soldiers? The girl in pink armor, the one who dual guarded the mounted character? She clearly was lance-wielding infantry, and her design was very similar to the halberdiers and sentinels from FE9 and FE10.

I'm under the impression that that's an armour knight, just redesigned.

...the fact they had enough... Data, for feet, only leads me to believe this might be a new 3DS exclusive game...

Vicent has already explained the matter, so yeah. Up until the point when they started making FE13 the only 3DS projects they worked on were the built-in 3DS Sound and 3DS Camera (except the editor, which was HAL's doing).

I'm thinking they may belong to an Axe/Magic class personally, since there hasn't been one yet (excluding Dread Fighters etc.). With the mace counting as an axe.

Reminds me of Grado, the original Garm/Gleipnir wielder.

waifu emblem 2, im ready for this, lol

super pumped for this game, NA generally has to wait roughly a year to get an FE game after it has released in Jap

but considering Awakening sold 5 times more than the goal to keep the franchise running, hopefully we can get near simultaneous releases or at least only a few months gap

I kind of doubt it. This is a text-heavy series and the trailer is in Japanese.

And I doubt 250k was a goal of any sort, either. You'd have to intentionally make the game less accessible than FE5 to do that.

Vince has the eyes of a hawk laguz and noticed the pair up icon in the Pegasus Knight segment.

Non-Janaff hawks see next to nothing in the dark.

I posted something in the 'New 3DS Fire Emblem game'. The monster doesn't get decapitated, he's just wearing a mask that gets removed after he gets hit. There's also a Fighter that seemingly loses its armor after getting hit. Here's a link to the post with pictures

This freaks me out a bit. I wonder if it has actual effects, like lowered defence.

Vicent has already explained the matter, so yeah. Up until the point when they started making FE13 the only 3DS projects they worked on were the built-in 3DS Sound and 3DS Camera (except the editor, which was HAL's doing).

Then who made Sticker Star?

The way Nainin seems to be an important person in the story (dancing for royalty etc) makes me think she is some sort of priestess/oracle.

I think the plot might involve a war between the traditional 'western' forces (led by Max the Paladin) and the 'eastern' forces (led by the Samurai) which will lead to a tragic event like Grima's awakening, indicated by Nainin's apparent panic during the fight between the two (a game NOT centered on Black and White morality? say it ain't so). Kamui might be apart of a third party who is trying to quell the fighting at the behest of Nainin.

Max's shock at the possible atrocities his father has committed makes me think the 'western' forces will be the aggressors of this conflict or that the war is a particularly ugly one.

Doesn't fire emblem typically let you know what the terrain effects are, even if you're not effected by them?

I was talkin with my peeps on Skype and they said Awakening didn't display that stuff for peg knights over rivers, but I'll check it myself in a min

Yup, Awakening does not display terrain stuff for pegs over the water. Screenshot:

fltbB97.jpg

(Or the buffs were changed)

Edited by L95

Enemies loses armour when attacked, maybe it is just the FIghter Class or is for everyone. But in the trailer when Iwata is starting to talk again and we see a Female Kamui attacking an enemy in a snow map. When the Fighter got hit, he apparently loses armour.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KuZBLFjgQE Skip to 2:54 and look closely at the Enemy Fighter back, clearly, he lost armour when he got hit by Kamui. Also he doesn't have pants, i really hope they changue that because it looks annoying and ridicolous to me

Edited by Avi448

IS after they started making FE13. April 2012 versus November 2012.

SS was in development early enough that it had a trailer at e3 2010, and has several delays due to Miyamoto asking them to change a pile of stuff. Did Awakening really take that long?

Anyway I finally got a good screenshot of that king fellow at the start. Definitely looks evil to me.

post-9647-0-44347700-1421444799_thumb.png

After rewatching that part many times, I have a feeling all three characters in the battle are of the same class.

They all have baggy pants, a midriff and puffy sleeves. The first playable character and the enemy both have fans too.

Perhaps it's not unreasonable to say that this is potentially a staff user? If other things from FE 9/10 (Halberdier speculation, I am looking at you) then it could be that hitting opponents with the actual staff could return. The thing that makes me think this most is how little damage was done. Yes, it's reasonable for that amount of damage to be done, but paired with a unit of the same class, who does double the damage, it's somewhat hard to believe. Perhaps this is actuall a torch staff (special staves returning?) which causes the enemy to ignite in such a way unseen before. Just some food for thought.

Also, the scene with Marx/Max stabbing the undead makes me think that his blade (or at least the one he uses) does effective damage to monster units.

I actually have thought about these things, mainly because I am DMing a D&D session that I made with a friend that's based on Fire Emblem. I created the story, but he helped create the skills, weapons, and classes (a 4 tier system with the little guys (forget what they are called.. Amelia, Ross, and Ewan) up to a third tier of promotions like FE 10). I tried to keep things balanced, but that's not the point, the point is, if I thought of things, then surely IS and other people have too.

Yes, it's reasonable for that amount of damage to be done, but paired with a unit of the same class, who does double the damage, it's somewhat hard to believe.

The (presumably) lead unit did only 4 more damage than the support. Going by Awakening's pairup system, that boost would be achieved by having a C support with a unit who has at least 10 Mag and is in a +Mag class, which is very reasonable at the time in the game where you'd be seeing those numbers.

It does look like a Staff, though. But also consider that that Ice attack didn't seem to come from a Tome, either (she used a Fan).